Hi all,

I hope you are able to offer some constructive advice on a situation with a Z10 I have purchased from eBay here in the UK. The phone is boxed and cosmetically fine, it can connect to a wifi AP and functions fine over wifi but upon putting in a sim card (so far Orange PAYGO) it will associate with a phone network but I cannot make phone calls ("The number called is barred from this phone"), any calls to Orange services (450 etc.) result in an "Incorrect number" message and upon activating Data Services I am informed that the APN settings cannot be verified. I have contacted the seller and he has assured me the phone is legit and was unlocked a few months ago to allow him to change service provider. My apologies for any ignorance on the matter as this is my first Blackberry product but does this sound like the phone is blacklisted or in some way locked to another SIM? Any advice on what to look for to verify the phone is legit or tips on anything I need to do to setup the phone would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    07-28-14 01:24 PM
    Can you provide information about the phone? (model number and if under security>sim card what the three subtitles say)

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 01:59 PM
    Can you provide information about the phone? (model number and if under security>sim card what the three subtitles say)

Posted via CB10
    I certainly can. Model no. is STL100-2. Under Security->SIM Card it reports

Phone Number - No Information available.
    Pin Lock -> SIM Card PIN Lock [off]
    PIN 2 [Change PIN 2]
    Phone Network Lock - Device is ready for use on the network.

Network, Network Subset and Service Provider all show as "unlocked".

Thanks for the speedy reply.
    07-28-14 02:44 PM
    Is it comparable with orange pay go?
    07-28-14 02:48 PM
    I believe so. The phone displays all the options for PAYGO functions - balance, topup etc. however when using them they return a service currently unavailable message. The seller assures me it will function with a PAYGO sim.
    07-28-14 02:55 PM
    A start could be, assuming you have put no data/contacts etc on the device is do a security wipe. I only briefly scanned your original post so forgive me if you have done this and I have overlooked it.
    The device definitely seems 'unlocked' and it looks like it hasn't been sold then subsequently reported stolen otherwise the phone would be locked from the outset.

Try also a different set of sim cards, you can pick them up cheap enough at supermarkets or order them free online, just make sure they are Micro Sims.
    07-28-14 03:09 PM
    I have yet to do a security wipe. I assume the seller did this before sending it out as the unit went through the setup sequence asking for a BB ID when first powered up. So far I've tried two new Orange SIM cards with no joy so will try another provider tomorrow.

Thanks again for the suggestions.
    07-28-14 03:13 PM