It is really an amazing device....from colour to functionality. I'd hoped the Z10 would also come in red.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Just the developer model. Get to know a developer, and when they're not looking, abscond with it!!

Posted via CB10
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    02-19-13 07:06 AM
    The reason for that may be the fact that while Android and/or iOS users also tend to have/use other devices/OSs, Blackberry users are often more focused on "their" one and only eco-system, especially since many old-school BB users have their BB through their business/company, using BES.
    Look at my post count, I'm no newbie and I have the Z10 and many other devices, incl. the latest Android and iOS devices and I truly have to confess that while I do not hate the Z10, I really don't find it special in any possible way and at the same time, I think that some devices, like the SGS3, the iPhone 5, the HTC OneX and even the Lumia 920 are much better in many ways.
    The only reason I would use the Z10 over any other late generation smartphone in the mid/higher price range would be BES. Since I do not use BES, the Z10 is "just another" smartphone for me, overpriced and not shining out of the crowd. I know that many here don't agree but since there has been so much hype about the Z10, I understand that the truth hurts. Is it my truth only? Well...if you do not really own other devices, very likely NOT. If you are using other devices like the SGS3, iPhone 5, etc. and you still like the Z10 more, good for you.
    Criticism is healthy but if every justified post/thread is considered to be a troll post/thread, BB will never learn to improve their products. So grow up and accept criticism as something constructive and necessary but unfortunately many here seem to take it very personally, as if the criticism is directed at their personal choice, not the device per se. Grow a pair and live through it. In the end, you may be even lucky to profit from improvements initiated by criticism.
    I think one of the challenges you face with a comment like this is its way too general. Saying "it's nothing special," with zero detail to back it up weakens your position.

From my perspective, it is something special. It combines information availability and aggregation with tight integration with business systems, a fine browser, and access to information that is always there without being obtrusive. That doesn't make the Z10 perfect, far from it. I'm waiting for improvements, the return of functions that were core to BB7 and earlier, and more native apps. But just as its not perfect, lacking those things doesn't relegate it to just another phone status in my mind.

I don't usually list my CV of devices, but I'll run through a quick list of the ones sitting on my desk at the moment: iPhone 5, 4s, Palm Pre 2, HTC Trophy, SGS2, Thunderbolt, and 9900. Plus a collection of tablets running various OSes. I use them for support as well as the fact that I'm an unrepentant gadget geek. I used a Galaxy S3 for several months as well as an iPhone 5 for a long time.

At the moment I prefer the Z10. It's great for getting things done, the number one criteria I have for a phone. I swapped my SIM into the iPhone 5 the other day (one thing I miss is the media integration I get with the iPhone that I'm fighting with on the Z10) and found, surprisingly, that I was much less productive. The keyboard is far better on the Z10 and for some reason, the workflow was, well, just more efficient.

While I couldn't put my finger on it, I just wasn't as satisfied as I had been with the iPhone. That tells me it's not just another phone in the smartphone heap.

Anyway, back on topic. Constructive feedback and debate does not equal trolling. Bland assertions and lack of detail might be trolling.
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-19-13 07:28 AM
    Ah dangnabbit.....I got happy there for a minute......

Yes I've seen the red one. But I knew it's only for developers. With my luck they will release it to AT&T after I upgrade.

I could wait till July and for they release it for the Fourth!!!!!! After all, AT&T has a history of carrying red BBs.

I'd check eBay every once in a while for the red LE. Right now they'd likely cost a mint, but after the US carriers release, who knows? Not all devs have got theirs yet, and some might receive more than one for various reasons.
    Maybe watch CB marketplace too.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 11:36 AM
    Just the developer model. Get to know a developer, and when they're not looking, abscond with it!!

Posted via CB10
    Baaaaaaaad boy !!
    02-19-13 12:02 PM
    I'd check eBay every once in a while for the red LE. Right now they'd likely cost a mint, but after the US carriers release, who knows? Not all devs have got theirs yet, and some might receive more than one for various reasons.
    Maybe watch CB marketplace too.

Posted via CB10
    As much as i know, 1 dev --> 1 red LE
    No matter how many Alpha devices you got.
    Last edited by BlackQtCoder; 02-19-13 at 12:23 PM.
    02-19-13 12:06 PM
    ShamSoong! We make shmall TV pho yu ear!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 12:31 PM
    No you're right. At the Vancouver Dev event on Jan 30th, the winner of a Z10 LE door prize was a dev with one already coming to him. So they did a backup draw winner since they didn't think they'd be allowed to send him two.

But there might some bigger devs that aren't one man shops that might have more than one potentially, or devs who couldn't wait and already bought a Z10, don't like red, prefer a Q10, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by elite1; 02-19-13 at 03:36 PM.
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    02-19-13 01:14 PM
    No you're right. At the Vancouver Dev event on Jan 30th, the winner of a Z10 LE door prize was a dev with one already coming to him. So they did a backup draw winner since they didn't think they'd be allowed to send him two.

But there might some bigger devs that aren't one man hops that might have more than one potentially, or devs who couldn't wait and already bought a Z10, don't like red, prefer a Q10, etc.

Posted via CB10
    So I need to sweeten up an unknown dev somewhere?????

OR SITH!!!!!!!! I can sweet talk Sith.....one celt to another.......

02-19-13 02:25 PM
    Confirmed at Blackberry's dev forum : 1 LE Device for each Dev Alpha or 1 LE Device for ... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Haters gonna hate..-cb1.jpg
    Haters gonna hate..-cb2.jpg
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-19-13 03:28 PM
    This hurts my soul

02-19-13 03:55 PM
    So I need to sweeten up an unknown dev somewhere?????

OR SITH!!!!!!!! I can sweet talk Sith.....one celt to another.......

As if someone named "Sith Apprentice" won't want this black & red beauty! There's even a red lightsaber app for him! LoL
    02-19-13 04:31 PM
61 123