This happened yesterday to me while standing in line with my date at a club. Kept telling her how awesome my Z10 was because she was contemplating switching from her Samsung Galaxy GS3.

Next thing you know these apple fanboys behind me go on the offensive.

"BlackBerry sucks!"

"Dude how old are you? Are you in your 60s? 70s?"

"Hey old man! What are you doing in the club?"

It went along those lines with "Old Man" over and over because they got the most kick out of it. Frankly, I was in shock. You normally see this sort of behavior is forums but to witness it in real life simply had me speechless.

Anyway, let us just say that I told them that blackberry had come a long way since their hiatus but they weren't having any of it. They wouldn't listen. Kept up with the BlackBerry old man insults which gave me no other alternative than to leave the club before I was forced to punch one of them in the face! I was getting heated but I tend to keep a level head with females around for some reason lol.

My date kept calling them assholes and actually insisted on getting the Z10 because of the bull**** I went through (aww). I was still in shock over what happened though. Real life Apple trolls. I actually met them. Kind of amazing when you think about it and seems surreal.

Edit: As to how I knew they were iPhone users, I could see it in their hands clear as day. One of them kept doing some sort of "Wave Dance" with the iPhone going from side to side and chanting words I couldn't fully make out but was basically along the lines of "iPhones being awesome". I actually found that to be extremely funny. He looked so dumb. I think two of them were clearly intoxicated also.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    eicster, SDTRMG and 00stryder like this.
    05-09-13 11:07 AM
    I always ask them to describe what the iphone 6,7,8 will look like. Then I tell them I am psychic and know exactly how it will look, like a phone from 2007......

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 11:13 AM
    Wow that's crazy. It almost sounds like phones are starting to divide people along sectarian lines.. lol. In any case, that behavior was totally unacceptable and ridiculous on their part. Also it's funny that they said that because iphone is the number one choice for old people.

Posted via CB10
    brunolovesbrit and 00stryder like this.
    05-09-13 11:14 AM
    Hahaha. That's hilarious. I wonder what I would've done!!!
    I was hoping you'd say you started a fight like Jack Reacher!
    Morpheus v7 likes this.
    05-09-13 11:14 AM
    This happens with everything. People CANNOT stand when people do something different whether it be to use a BlackBerry, use an Android, use an iPhone, religion, political party....if the philosophy doesn't jive with what you believe then you feel threatened and attack. I've caught myself doing this before and I do my best not to do it now. It's something innate to the human condition that I haven't been able to figure out.

That said, I would have asked them how long the iphone has been around and told them if anything is a dinosaur, iOS is. I love to debate though and crushing egos.
    05-09-13 11:16 AM
    I guess the real question is "Why would anyone else care what phone YOU use?"

A phone is a phone. It's your own personal choice. Like your choice of computer platform, car you drive, clothes you wear, it's all up to you. I wouldn't bother giving anyone the time of day if they're going to swear at you about your choice of phone.

Most iPhone users I know use an iPhone because they're not techies, and they're not even aware of the existence of other platforms. Many of my Android-toting friends are the opposite; they've picked Android simply because they do NOT want the iPhone. Most people look at my BlackBerry, recognize it from the branding and say "Oh, look, you have a BlackBerry. Do you like it?" and then I say "Yes."

That's about the extent of my conversation with them.
    05-09-13 11:16 AM
    Only if their iPhone is protected by an Otterbox. If they tried to attack me with a naked iPhone, they would risk cracking the glass and having a $500 brick to carry around.
    bebold99 likes this.
    05-09-13 11:17 AM
    Hahaha. That's hilarious. I wonder what I would've done!!!
    I was hoping you'd say you started a fight like Jack Reacher!
    If I was with my guy friends chances of a fight would be extremely high lol. And we would win because one of my friends does amateur MMA!

I just can't bring myself to fight around girls though. It will only happen if one of those assholes laid a hand on her. I'd lose in this case because it would be 4 of them against me lol.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    FrancoisChevel likes this.
    05-09-13 11:26 AM
    I guess the real question is "Why would anyone else care what phone YOU use?"

A phone is a phone. It's your own personal choice. Like your choice of computer platform, car you drive, clothes you wear, it's all up to you. I wouldn't bother giving anyone the time of day if they're going to swear at you about your choice of phone.

Most iPhone users I know use an iPhone because they're not techies, and they're not even aware of the existence of other platforms. Many of my Android-toting friends are the opposite; they've picked Android simply because they do NOT want the iPhone. Most people look at my BlackBerry, recognize it from the branding and say "Oh, look, you have a BlackBerry. Do you like it?" and then I say "Yes."

That's about the extent of my conversation with them.
    No kidding. OP did the right thing by walking away.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 11:30 AM
    Agreed, the way you tell the story that behavior displayed by the IPhone "Boys" was (mostly) unacceptable. BUT, my "friend," you realize that story also leads a CB reader directly to your admission of what skirts the line and might be "mistaken" for assault leaning toward battery...to defend the virtue of a phone.

The "Boys" were wrong, I should hope that there's no possibility of you being 50 or even a 30yr old BB user(I hope) given your professed thoughts of action. Guy, please hold it together, gain some perspective on a phone. ...and, albeit unsolicited, I can't believe that your date was too impressed by thoughts of a punch to the face over defending the integrity of a phone.

Moderator, maybe close this story!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 05-18-13 at 04:21 PM.
    05-09-13 11:33 AM
    This happens with everything. People CANNOT stand when people do something different whether it be to use a BlackBerry, use an Android, use an iPhone, religion, political party....if the philosophy doesn't jive with what you believe then you feel threatened and attack. I've caught myself doing this before and I do my best not to do it now. It's something innate to the human condition that I haven't been able to figure out.

That said, I would have asked them how long the iphone has been around and told them if anything is a dinosaur, iOS is. I love to debate though and crushing egos.
    This is the thing that is confusing me. How and why could someone's phone choice be as important as things something like religion or politics? My phone is a tool that I use, and also a hobby since I'm sort of a mobile enthusiast. BlackBerry is my favorite platform, doesn't mean I'm going to go around harassing people about it. I would like more people to use Bb, and I'm happy to tell them about the z10 if they ask, but I leave it at that

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 11:38 AM
    Actually, now that my glamour model neighbour has discovered that I have a BB10 she has started stealing my underpants off my washing line, no really.

Posted via CB10
    nikki778 likes this.
    05-09-13 11:40 AM
    Amazing how people take phones so seriously... I mean it's just a phone.
    Not you Z10, you are special.... wait... don't even think about rebooting... I didn't mean it. Really!... oh crap.
    05-09-13 11:42 AM
    I'm just going to say that you shouldn't have bothered arguing. It's a phone. You should have just said "whatever you say"

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 11:44 AM
    Real life trolls. Tell them Steve Jobs mentioned they should walk off a bridge. Damn let someone enjoy their device if they're happy with it. They sound so obnoxious, sorry to hear you had to deal with that BS.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    tstrike34 likes this.
    05-09-13 11:55 AM
    I wish! Any day that I have the opportunity to apply a D'arce choke is a good day....although WITH a gi, Ezekiels are my fav...no contest!
    05-09-13 12:11 PM
    Another ridiculous Crackberry thread.

Posted via CB10
    barnfoot and SK122387 like this.
    05-09-13 12:14 PM
    off topic but i wonder what is the average age of a Z10 user... somebody do a poll
    05-09-13 12:27 PM
    they were probably just drunk and looking to show off in front of your date or any other woman there for attention or because they were in a group of guys looking to act tough and cocky infront of each other and picked on the first argumentative thing they heard, i wouldnt call it spite tbh or indicative of iphone users/fan boys in general. they probably wouldnt have escalated to full out insults and waving their phones around if you had ignored them, people do and say all kinds of stupid things when theyre drunk
    05-09-13 12:30 PM
    I had 3 people on a Delta flight get really angry because I had free internet and they didn't last month. To the point one started shoving the back of my seat. At the end of the day it is just a phone but people are taking it way to seriously. Just the sign of the times I guess. By the way the angered flyers were suited business men. You'd think they would be somewhat more mature. I've had other cases of people seeing my Z10 and going on the offensive verbally. Just weird and disturbing. Lot of great phones out there. We just chose the Z10 because it suits us. Like I said. Weird.
    05-09-13 12:40 PM
    Incredible. These stories are the BEST. Getting verbally assaulted outside clubs, getting your seat shoved (on an air trip, no less) by jealous smartphone users... the cool part? Y'all just keep your cool!

Rocking a BB is becoming synonymous with flaunting Jordans in the hood.

Keep em coming. We need a cruise ship offering (preferably with sharks) to round it all out
    05-09-13 12:49 PM
    Incredible. These stories are the BEST. Getting verbally assaulted outside clubs, getting your seat shoved (on an air trip, no less) by jealous smartphone users... the cool part? Y'all just keep your cool!

Rocking a BB is becoming synonymous with flaunting Jordans in the hood.

Keep em coming. We need a cruise ship offering (preferably with sharks) to round it all out
    Couldn't agree more, sitting here literally laughing

Posted via CB10
    hootyhoo likes this.
    05-09-13 12:57 PM
    Hey Tre, what about my fiscal loss? Those undies were tailor made from the finest black silk and gold thread.

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    05-09-13 12:57 PM
    No and even if so. I use it because I like it and appreciate its features. So I don't give two hoots about what people say

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 12:59 PM
    Agreed, the way you to the story that behavior displayed by the IPhone "Boys" was (mostly) unacceptable. BUT, my "friend," you realize that story also leads a CB reader directly to your admission of what can easily be "mistaken" for assault and battery...

The boys were wrong, there's no possibility of you being 50 or even a 30yr old BB user(I hope) given your professed action. Guy, hold it together....and, albeit unsolicited, I can't believe that your date was too impressed by a punch to the face.

Moderator, close this story!

Posted via CB10
    What the **** are you talking about? He said he didn't punch anyone in the face, you rocket scientist. It's people like you who set up satellites to work in kilometers and then program them in miles.
    05-09-13 12:59 PM
132 123 ...