Has anyone tried using Google business email with their z10?
    I have a paid IMAP
    Godaddy email account but it keeps losing my password and I have to keep typing it in and entering my IMAP settings daily. Sometimes a few times a day. I think the issue is with Godaddy because my free non-Godaddy POP accounts work fine and my Yahoo business IMAP accounts work seamless too.

What has your experience been with the Google business email service?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:49 PM
    Has anyone tried using Google business email with their z10?
    I have a paid IMAP
    Godaddy email account but it keeps losing my password and I have to keep typing it in and entering my IMAP settings daily. Sometimes a few times a day. I think the issue is with Godaddy because my free non-Godaddy POP accounts work fine and my Yahoo business IMAP accounts work seamless too.

What has your experience been with the Google business email service?

Posted via CB10
    I have several GoDaddy imap accounts coming to my z10. Not experiencing any of the issues you are describing. Did you use advanced setup to set up your GoDaddy imap accounts?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:02 AM
    There was a recent known google issue. Check out crackberry's home page for more info.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:40 AM
    Yes i used advanced setup with Godaddy tech support on the line with me from the day I purchased my z10. I own several small businesses and I have paid IMAP accounts with various providers but only my Godaddy account is giving me trouble.

I came across Google business email while browsing the web last night and it seems like a good alternative.

Is anyone using Google business email on their z10 at the moment?
    How do you feel about it?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 09:59 AM
    I just set up my Gmail business email on my z10! So far so good and it's pushing all my emails instantly!

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    04-18-13 11:52 AM
    I'm running two Gmail Business accounts on my Z10 using ActiveSync. It works perfectly (except for the strange occasional password prompts since yesterday). At $5 (US) a month (each) for instant email, contact and calendar sync, it is great. I strongly recommend it. My lady and I use one of the accounts for our shared email, contacts and calendar. I have the other account for business use. We sync the shared account on our Z10s and PlayBooks. The sync performance is excellent on all devices.

I also have my account pulling email from several old email accounts and automatically assigning tags to them. On my Z10, I can filter down to those specific messages by opening the tag folder in Hub.
    04-18-13 12:36 PM
    I didn't do the active sync so it doesn't prompt me for the passwords anymore. You can search set up email for BlackBerry from your dashboard and it will walk you through setting up push IMAP without active sync. I am also on the $5 monthly plan.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 02:44 PM
    I didn't do the active sync so it doesn't prompt me for the passwords anymore. You can search set up email for BlackBerry from your dashboard and it will walk you through setting up push IMAP without active sync. I am also on the $5 monthly plan.

Posted via CB10
    Except you need to setup CalDAV and CardDAV also. That is more work for you and, I suspect, more work for your Z10. It would be interesting to do a battery use comparison between ActiveSync and IDLE/CalDAV/CardDAV to see if there is a discernible difference. Logically I would expect ActiveSync to be more efficient because it can do all 3 through one tunnel but we don't know until it is tested.
    04-20-13 06:05 AM
    The only problem I'm having with Google apps is that I cannot add participants to an appointment that I'm creating. That is a big issue for me. If it doesn't get fixed soon I'll be looking for a new email host. You will also have to get the play cloud app to access Google Drive.

via CB10 on ZED10
    04-20-13 06:13 AM
    It's horrible! If you archive an email on the desktop you can no longer get it on your phone.

In other words the Z10 doesn't 'see' any emails that don't have a folder.

Inbox is a Gmail folder
    All Email is email without a folder.

Any email you archive from the desktop goes to All Mail.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 06:15 AM
    The only problem I'm having with Google apps is that I cannot add participants to an appointment that I'm creating. That is a big issue for me. If it doesn't get fixed soon I'll be looking for a new email host. You will also have to get the play cloud app to access Google Drive.

via CB10 on ZED10
    Are you sure? I have no issue with this.

See pic.

Has anyone tried using Google business email with their z10?-img_00000234.png

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 06:19 AM
    Doesn't work with active sync

via CB10 on ZED10
    04-20-13 07:19 AM
    I don't understand the difference between a regular google email account and a business one? They both sync contacts and calendars and both push my email immediately
    04-20-13 08:13 AM
    Doesn't work with active sync

via CB10 on ZED10
    That's why you setup the email as ActiveSync and your Cal and Contacts via the normal Gmail setup but at the end of the setup you just turn off the IMAP email as you'll be using Activesync.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 04:37 PM
    10.1 is looking good for Gmail users.

Still no emails coming up under 'All Mail' but having it show is promising.

You can sync forever now also, no 30 day issue.

Any other questions let me know.

Has anyone tried using Google business email with their z10?-img_00000236.png

Posted via CB10
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    04-21-13 12:39 AM
    I've used Google Apps for Business for years. For me, it's worth using and paying for hosted BES for Google Apps. My host provider is Exchangemymail.com They currently support BB10 devices and BES10.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 01:00 AM
    @AlphaCardServ

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post

I would like to assist you further regarding your email concerns on your device. Hopefully together we can reach a resolution. Please feel free to reply back to me or private message me with additional details on your email settings.
    04-26-13 10:04 PM
    I don't understand the difference between a regular google email account and a business one? They both sync contacts and calendars and both push my email immediately
    One's free and one's not. If you pay you get access to EAS. Free accounts can only use IMAP is my understanding.
    04-26-13 10:08 PM
    Spot on...

One's free and one's not. If you pay you get access to EAS. Free accounts can only use IMAP is my understanding.
    04-26-13 10:22 PM
    I have had the same issues with go daddy on both my z10 and outlook 2010 for the desktop. Some days it will happen several times then nothing for weeks. Very annoying. I have chalked it up to a go daddy problem that I will live with for the time being while I research other email hosting solutions for my biz account.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 12:31 AM
    The issue with periodically forgetting passwords seems to be a BB10 bug.

10.1 is looking good for Gmail users. [...]

You can sync forever now also, no 30 day issue.

That's news to me, my understanding was that the "forever" option in 10.1 only appeared for Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) accounts. Do you have a screenshot of this?

My host provider is Exchangemymail.com They currently support BB10 devices and BES10.

That's interesting because if so, they would be the very first commercial provider I've heard of that supports BES10.
    04-27-13 11:02 AM
    I was pleasantly surprised to see exchangemymail.com was already supporting BES10. So far all is working seamlessly. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Q10 and 10.1 work.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 01:08 PM
    I was pleasantly surprised to see exchangemymail.com was already supporting BES10. So far all is working seamlessly. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Q10 and 10.1 work.

A rep from ExchangeMyMail confirmed to me yesterday that they are indeed supporting BES10 (though it's not mentioned on their website at the moment), making ExchangeMyMail the only Microsoft Exchange hosting company I have run across so far that is offering that.
    05-09-13 12:56 PM
    HeyJROHLAND! I have a new Blackberry Q10 and a Gmail Business account. It's not syncing as well as it could...and emails I open right away on gmail webmail don't get synced with my blackberry. Any advice?
    06-18-13 09:45 AM
    HeyJROHLAND! I have a new Blackberry Q10 and a Gmail Business account. It's not syncing as well as it could...and emails I open right away on gmail webmail don't get synced with my blackberry. Any advice?

I suggest you check out the following:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...onight-810755/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/busines...thread-803855/
    06-19-13 07:49 AM