Good day peeps.

I have searched but havent found anything in the forums. I have organised my apps into folders from the homescreen, this allows for less swiping to get to desired app. Great for one handed selecting.

If it is mentioned elsewhere please delete thread.

Basically app is selected until edit mode is activated and then it is dragged and hovered directly over similar type app.

It then forms a folder where other apps of the same type can be added into.

Folders can be named

Max number of apps is to fill screen
    Last edited by Z10izen; 04-25-13 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Grammer
    04-25-13 06:52 PM
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!
    I know you didn't just get here, but it's just your 2nd post so I thought a welcome was still in order.

Yes, this has been covered both in the Forums and on the front page:
    How to create folders on your BlackBerry 10 phone | CrackBerry.com

Just remember to use the Forums Search. I just put in "z10 folders" and came up with several results.

But I don't want to discourage you from posting those tips & tricks you find. Please keep it up.
    Look forward to seeing you more here in the Forums!
    Fubaz likes this.
    04-25-13 07:07 PM
    Good day peeps.

I have searched but havent found anything in the forums. I have organised my apps into folders from the homescreen, this allows for less swiping to get to desired app. Great for one handed selecting.

If it is mentioned elsewhere please delete thread.

Basically app is selected until edit mode is activated and then it is dragged and hovered directly over similar type app.

It then forms a folder where other apps of the same type can be added into.

Folders can be named

Max number of apps is to fill screen
    Max apps is 16 - and folder contents do not have to be similar. They can be comprised of anything...apps/ documents/ shortcuts etc....

It's been covered, but might prove to be difficult to find in a search...

Good tip though for those who are still unaware, and I am sure there are many!
    04-25-13 08:12 PM
    Thanks

Maybe i need a how to guide on searching the forum. Still new here but will get the hang of it hopefully...

Any technical advice available...

I have a problem of my Z10 heating up quite bad and screen just fades out. Any similar issues noted?
    STL100-1
    04-26-13 10:18 AM
    Any technical advice available...

I have a problem of my Z10 heating up quite bad and screen just fades out. Any similar issues noted?
    STL100-1
    Most of the overheating issues seem to be temporary and related to graphics
    -intense games or apps. And it typically cools off quickly when you close the game or app responsible.

That being said, your STL100-1 has a different processor than my STL100-3, so maybe it's not quite the same.

What are you doing when you notice it heating up?

This is how you CB10, son!
    Z10izen likes this.
    04-26-13 11:16 AM
    Thanks again........

Not doing anything specific. I am not a fan of keeping apps running in the background. We pay almost 22 us cents per megabyte here in SA. cant afford to let the apps run wild.

I also switch of Bluetooth/Location and any unnecessary apps to maintain battery life. have contacted carrier and they say i should take it in as they say its been a common problem

Im missing the Social Feeds app on BB!)?
    05-06-13 06:11 PM
    Thanks again........

Not doing anything specific. I am not a fan of keeping apps running in the background. We pay almost 22 us cents per megabyte here in SA. cant afford to let the apps run wild.

I also switch of Bluetooth/Location and any unnecessary apps to maintain battery life. have contacted carrier and they say i should take it in as they say its been a common problem

Social feeds app currently doesn't reside in the BB10 platform

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:20 PM
    Thanks again........

I live in SA too also gave a STL100-1, never have a heating problem and definitely no screen fade. I leave things running I play games, I watch vids, IM, device runs smooth as melted butter.
    Take it in and get them to swop it out for a new one for you
    I took the 1.5gb if data per month package on a month to month, had the phone since February and haven't run out of data ever.
    Who's your service provider

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-06-13 06:36 PM