Exactly! I, honestly, don't care what the reviewers say. I've been looking forward to this launch for a long time and I've loved every aspect of BB10 that I've seen, and today simply elevated my excitement. I'm a person that mostly uses my phone for messaging and communications. BB10 wins on everything in that front. Also, while the device has a few shortcomings, it should be understood that it is a brand new OS. Of course it's going to lack in a few areas (a few of which can be fixed with software updates). This is an OS that's going to mature with time, just like iOS and Android did over the years.

I agree about the release date being a bit too far from launch here in the U.S., but that's not BlackBerry's fault (felt weird not saying "RIM" there). I'll wait for this device because, honestly, I love it!

This isn't the end. It's only the starting line for BB10!
    Ditto. I also use my phone mainly for messaging and communications. The hub thing just made me super excited. Also separating work with personal. So awesome. Apps I love too, but they aren't the main thing I look at. I am happy Skype is there and that they are talking with Instagram and Netflix.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-30-13 07:12 PM
    Yuuuupp, my mind was changed by TH and the presentation today...I will be getting Two a Z and a Q. (both outright cause I will NEVER GIVE UP UNLIMITED DATA)
    I thought BlackBerry did an excellent presentation to the uninformed, the shareholders and general public. We CrackBerrian members are as vapid, maybe even more so than ANY platform or subject on the intertubes, with respect to our devices, that I have encountered. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, however, these new devices are the most powerful BBs to date.
    Pull out your Pearl 81x0 put your sim in and download something. Now go to your 97x0 and up device...see the difference. Its my opinion that will be the upgrade we see going from our 97xx/98xx/99xx devices to BB10
    As far as not releasing in the USA,Inc till March we earned the wait... BlackBerry is servicing world markets, London/Great Britain, that Strongly Supported the Brand. I go where I could maximize $$$ first too, business is business and business must grow!!!
    (special credit given to Dr. Seuss and The Lorax for that last sentence)
    01-30-13 07:13 PM
    Feb 8, 2013: Update....This Z10 is awesome. It is intuitive and quick, The standard for all smartphone to follow.....sorry just writing the headline that will be written after normal programming has resumed
    RWB3325 likes this.
    01-30-13 07:23 PM
    I can't help it, I thought it was wonderful and I am getting one as soon as possible.
    01-30-13 07:27 PM
    I've adopted a wait and see approach to the Z10, seeing as how I have a month and a half before I'd be able to purchase one on Verizon. While I do like the idea of Peek and Flow, I'm not sure if it'll be enough to sway me back to BlackBerry. I definitely haven't written it off though and I'll be following the reviews from actual users once more people get their hands on them. I'm also going to monitor how quickly they roll out OS updates.
    01-30-13 07:27 PM
    The fact that it loads youtube vids instantly (when compared to a Note 2) was a big seller. I am really looking forward to the 5th for my new Z10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-30-13 07:29 PM
    I've changed my mind again. I'm not waiting on the carriers. I'm getting one from OS asap.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-30-13 07:29 PM
    Yup. Solidified in my mind that I'm going for the Z10 - never thought I'd give up the physical keyboard but I just love the look of that onscreen one.

Battery - I already knew it wouldn't compare to my 2 days on my Curve - as long as it goes all day I'm happy. I switch over to my pb in the evening anyway and do all my texting, bbm, email and browsing on it.

This OS looks amazing. The more I go through kevin's and simon's reviews the more I like it. Much more intuitive than ios or android and with the famous bb security. Love it!

All this and we got Skype for all those ppl who said that no Skype was a deal breaker. I can't imagine an app I want less on my phone - but good for blackberry for bringing in Skype. Lol.

I can't wait to get my hands on this phone!
    01-30-13 07:30 PM
    As far as not releasing in the USA,Inc till March we earned the wait... BlackBerry is servicing world markets, London/Great Britain, that Strongly Supported the Brand. I go where I could maximize $$$ first too, business is business and business must grow!!!
    (special credit given to Dr. Seuss and The Lorax for that last sentence)
    As much as I would enjoy the Karma of that statement, I'm hearing that it's simply due to pending carrier approvals. Carriers can have it as soon as they want, it's within their control. I would have rather liked BlackBerry to have said, "It's available" and let the carriers disappoint their consumers. But it is what it is, and for once I'm enjoying being "north of the border" lol.

Syn
    Last edited by syn-ack; 01-30-13 at 07:31 PM. Reason: baaad baad grammer
    bunky1971 and Thunderbuck like this.
    01-30-13 07:30 PM
    I was impressed overall with the launch. I will be purchasing my z10 later this year I think. It depends on the 9780. When it goes dark. I'm getting a z10!
    01-30-13 07:36 PM
    Let me put it like this......I've been with RIM (BlackBerry) for almost 6 years, I really like BlackBerry as part of my mobile lifestyle, however with this March release for the US and "countless" promises not kept over that time period, I'm getting a little tired of BlackBerry. I haven't changed my mind YET, but the RESEARCH has begun
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-30-13 07:37 PM
    dropping my S3 for z10 .. I will wait it over
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-30-13 07:42 PM
    Maps is there

But I'm Canadian with 3 LE's coming. The only reason I wouldn't get a Z10 is because its excessive.

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    01-30-13 07:46 PM
    Oh, the carriers do disappoint every month here in North America with the bill...lol. We should have gigabit ota speeds for what we pay monthly for service. Im sure Robbers, just as Verizon posted Billion dollar profits for 2012.
    01-30-13 07:46 PM
    Yup. Solidified in my mind that I'm going for the Z10 - never thought I'd give up the physical keyboard but I just love the look of that onscreen one.

Battery - I already knew it wouldn't compare to my 2 days on my Curve - as long as it goes all day I'm happy. I switch over to my pb in the evening anyway and do all my texting, bbm, email and browsing on it.

This OS looks amazing. The more I go through kevin's and simon's reviews the more I like it. Much more intuitive than ios or android and with the famous bb security. Love it!

All this and we got Skype for all those ppl who said that no Skype was a deal breaker. I can't imagine an app I want less on my phone - but good for blackberry for bringing in Skype. Lol.

I can't wait to get my hands on this phone!
    I saw a quote in another thread saying the Verge YouTube review said it lasted 9am to 6am, and was below average. I had made up my mind to get one until I heard that. That's concerning. I am looking forward to hearing/seeing some hands on reviews from CB members to see what's up with this.
    01-30-13 07:47 PM
    Nothing here hanged my mind, I'll be getting the Z10 next week. Also, there will be updates over time for the OS and they are learning what the users want back and the app eco system will continue to grow, I'm not sure what everyone was expecting, remember, this is a gradual crawl back for BB, we will slowly get bigger as time goes by. Also blame your carriers for release dates you dont agree with not BB.

Everybody is all of a sudden claiming they dont care about certain apps they announce and they want more and more, last time I checked Skype was a MUST have now it's lack luster? Lol.

Finally if you want to buy another phone, go ahead, just do it, just don't come back to BB when the platform continues to grow and improve, the experience on this phone is the KEY and I don't ever see myself enjoy the interface on a WP, iPhone or Galaxy the way I would on the BB10 OS. Also those of you talking about waiting for the S4 because of 13MP camera and the processor, then you clearly need to be educted on what you need to look for when buying a phone, its more than just fancy numbers on the spec field. Lastly, MP on the camera is NOTthe deciding factor on what camera is better so please just stop.

That's my opinion on this almost needless negative thread. But then again, everyone is allowed to feel what the want to feel so not trying to cause offense here by any means.
    01-30-13 07:51 PM
    I went from buying one the day it is available to a firm wait and see mode.
    01-30-13 07:55 PM
    The way I see it is that there has been so much hype about it, and so much leaked about it, that at the launch there wasn't many new surprises. I think people wanted to see major announcements today but didn't get them. It's like when someone tells you that you have to see a certain movie because it's absolutely hilarious and you go see it, you usually find it boring because it doesn't meet the expectations you had. It doesn't mean the movie isn't funny, it's just that you were so hyped it didn't have the level of humor you were expecting. I truly believe that the BB Z10 is an amazing phone. People will realize it after sales start and the reviews from GQ Public come in. I pre-booked my phone a month ago, and trust me, I'm keeping an eye on the reviews (and the share prices). I am confident with it and will be getting the phone even though I can still back out. This will be the start of the return for Blackberry (RIM). I predict that in the next two years they will be number 1 or number 2 in sales again especially if they can get half a million apps available. Most complaints that people are making (US launch date, certain apps, etc) are not Blackberry's fault. Most of the blame is usually on the other end. I can sense the start of IPhone's demise.

Just sayin is all
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-30-13 07:58 PM
    Anyone who has changed their mind getting the z10 cuz of the lackluster launch are just idiots. Its like buying a car with out ever test driving it.. The leaks were there the phone is bad arss, smokes everything out here now. Take the test drive and then decide if its not for you.. Me I'm sold, android is annoying, IOS is boring and even if IOS 7 is around the corner and its better, I seriously doubt that it will be a huge difference than IOS 6.
    konandram likes this.
    01-30-13 07:59 PM
    Folks, this was not a public presentation today: it was a media launch. Sure it could have been sexier and better presented. But you could not have expected the media to get up and cheer wildly. Well maybe for the free phones they all received, but not for the phone's features. How many people do you think really watched the launch on line? I would put money on it being in the thousands and no more. The Brits start picking up their phones tomorrow. That should be a better indicator of what the user experience is, compared to a dog and pony show for the media.
    KermEd and Worldway like this.
    01-30-13 08:04 PM
    Nothing has changed on my part. Sure like most of the others here in the US was a little disappointed that I will have to wait until March. Maybe I was just getting a little more excited thinking by some small miracle of fate it would be sooner. I look at it this way by the time it is released in the US I am sure they will have already made some changes to the software. How significant they will be, only time will tell. Have never been a spec guy here, so if it works for me I use it. I noticed a few people somewhat let down by the camera, but those are software issues. The lens counts for some of it, but a lot of it is on software. I am sure too some changes might be made to improve the cam, if that is the case, but will all of the cam software apps out there, you can take a pic and play around with the settings a little. This does not really bother me. So I take some time tweaking some of my shots. Not the end of the world or a deal breaker for me. This phone will still be the best BB that I have ever owned and will still allow me to do things faster and more efficiently then on my 9850 Torch. It's a brand new O/S and will have few bugs, but that is not exclusive to BB. The more it gets tweaked, the better it will be. We all know the capabilities of QNX, so I am not worried there. I will still rock my Z10 no matter what anyone says, or thinks. After all, it's my phone, and only a phone. Only thing that has just slightly concerned was the checker boarding of the browser that I read a few things about, but I won't be a big issue unless it's a constant thing. I am sure by the time this is released in the US or shortly after things will be in the process of being worked out. I am just happy the all of the updates to software are going to come from BB and not from Verizon, because of some of the past versions they have been available on the 9850, considering how long it takes Verizon to test and release, were some what of a joke. Getting back to the Z10 though, everything I have seen about it and the positive reviews for the most part, still make me want this phone in the worst way. I think I am moving to the UK this weekend!
    01-30-13 08:12 PM
    I'm upset with the US carriers right now (I'm looking at you VZW). Do I think the launch could have been better? Yes. Have I changed my mind about a Z10 right now? No. Really I'm just straight up pissed off my carrier is screwing me...
    01-30-13 08:21 PM
    I am 100% that there will be a camera firmware update soon!! If we notice the things I am sure the people at BlackBerry have realized that the camera performs like a POS too. It is kind of weird because the photos from the dev alpha looked decent and were similar to what you would get from a S3
    01-30-13 08:33 PM
    Anyone see mashables video about first time users and how none of them knew how to use it. So stupid thats the reason when you get the phone there is a setup that explains everything. If I gave somebody an Iphone 10 years ago and did not explain it they would be confused too.
    01-30-13 08:35 PM
    Yes I changed my mind about buying the Z10. I was going to do it tomorrow, but ,I changed my mind and went out tonight and ordered it at Bell.
    01-30-13 08:39 PM
312 ... 23456 ...