I had an issue with my WiFi dropping back when I first started using my Z10. Turns out, the problem was caused by my router, specifically with DNS. I changed the DNS settings on my Z to use OpenDNS and I haven't had a dropped WiFi signal since. Maybe it will help you.

The OpenDNS addresses to use are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Internet Security or DNS Service for your Business or Home - OpenDNS
    Where does one setup OpenDNS on the Z10? I have looked and can't find where. I use it at home on my pc but again I would like to use OpenDns on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 10:14 AM
    Have seen a couple persons with it since 10.0 you do not have to reboot, put your phone in airplane mode for a couple of secs normalize it and it will reconnect to the WIFI good as gold.
    07-08-13 02:10 PM
    Where does one setup OpenDNS on the Z10? I have looked and can't find where. I use it at home on my pc but again I would like to use OpenDns on my Z10.
    Go to Network Connections > WiFi and click the Saved button on the bottom ribbon. In the Saved section, tap your desired network connection and it will take you into an edit mode for that connection. In the edit mode, turn Auto Obtain IP to Off and you will be able to enter new DNS settings. Click Connect at the top to apply your changes.

As I recall, I did not have to enter my IP, subnet or gateway when I changed my DNS, but ymmv.

Good luck!
    07-08-13 02:41 PM
    Go to Network Connections > WiFi and click the Saved button on the bottom ribbon. In the Saved section, tap your desired network connection and it will take you into an edit mode for that connection. In the edit mode, turn Auto Obtain IP to Off and you will be able to enter new DNS settings. Click Connect at the top to apply your changes.

As I recall, I did not have to enter my IP, subnet or gateway when I changed my DNS, but ymmv.

Good luck!
    Thank you!
    07-08-13 04:10 PM
    My WiFi problem is that my saved hotspots keep getting set to "disabled". So I have to go to each one and move the slider to "On" to get them working again. Normally my Z10 automatically connects quite reliably as I move between work and home and the coffee shop but lately this "disabled" problem is more common and annoying.

The only thing I'm doing is sometimes when a Gmail email will not go through on my work WiFi, I disable WiFi for a few seconds and let the email get out and then turn WiFi back on. I'm not sure if manually turning WiFi off and back on could be affecting things but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    07-10-13 02:22 PM
    The only thing I'm doing is sometimes when a Gmail email will not go through on my work WiFi, I disable WiFi for a few seconds and let the email get out and then turn WiFi back on. I'm not sure if manually turning WiFi off and back on could be affecting things but I thought I would mention it.
    This goes to why I'm often turning mobile network and wifi off and on. I've done some testing with instant messengers on BBOS. Excepting most reliable and always-connected BBM, the other clients (yahoo instant messenger, google talk, etc.) will disconnect from time to time or perform unreliably and stop working properly even if they appear connected. I'll elaborate.

I have two yahoo user profiles/identities. I added each to the other's contacts/friends lists. I had one signed in on my computer, the other signed in on my BlackBerry. When I came in the house from being out on the mobile network and simply turned on my BlackBerry wifi, I got the following results (more than once) if I simply turned on my BlackBerry wifi without turning off the mobile network first or signing out and back in on yahoo instant messenger:

1. messages sent from pc to BlackBerry were received; and
    2. messages sent from BlackBerry to pc showed as sent on the BlackBerry YIM client but were not received on the pc.

When I then turned all connections off (mob network & wifi), waited a moment, and restored all connections, instant messages sent both ways worked.

I did the same test, and the same thing happened from time to time with google talk. I think various clients like yahoo instant messenger and google talk are network sensitive. That's why I'll turn all connections off when I leave the house and just turn on the one I need for outside (mobile network) -- to be sure my IM clients are connected to the network properly. Turning connections off/on with Manage Connections is simply quicker than signing out of my IM programs and signing back in. I do the same thing when I come home - turn on wifi and when it connects, turn off all connections and restore them. Whatever needs to connect properly is refreshed and does so. I turn connections off/on to ensure instant messenger reliability, not to save battery. Not sure if this helps, but it coincides with what you wrote about gmail.
    07-10-13 03:02 PM
    TR,
    Something in the envrionment is causing this grief. It would be good to narrow this down.
    i.e.
    if you reboot your device, and things are working again, when do they stop working?
    can you leave your house (walk out of coverage) and walk back into coverage and reproduce the failure?
    or does it take a drive to work to reporduce this failure?
    or does it just take a "random" amount of time?
    have you tried buygin/borrowing a different access point or router to see if that resolves?
    what access point are you using? (make/model)
    08-28-13 10:22 AM
32 12