Hi all,

Last week I purchased my first Blackberry device (AT&T) and have been very happy with it.

Unfortunately, I am a bit concerned about the battery life I have been experiencing. Something doesn't seem right, but I wanted to confirm with the rest of you who have a Z10.

My battery basically does not last past 6 pm any day. On many of these days, I am hardly using the device throughout the day. Maybe a few texts, but that's about it. In fact, it's 4 pm now and it is reporting 1% battery.

Are any of you experiencing this? Is this perhaps just a defective phone? I thought the early battery issues had been resolved. For reference, I am currently running Blackberry 10 OS version 10.0.10.88. What is strange is it always reports that an OS update is available...for the exact same OS version I already have installed. Installing the new update doesn't seem to fix anything.

Any insight would be appreciated.
    03-27-13 06:03 PM
    Honestly there must be 100 threads on the battery subject lol please try a search.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    03-27-13 06:04 PM
    On the 2nd subject. If you un install apps that came with the phone, you will get updates of a small size to re install them.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    03-27-13 06:07 PM
    Regarding battery life, there are many threads on this, but using the device would help sort this out (as the device archives files, learns your habits etc). Once it goes through these cycles, it gets better in time. Also, seeing as you updated to a new version, this should help.

You can try lowering the brightness of your display (30%), turning of LTE if your coverage is spotty (also connections, NFC, Bluetooth when not in use). Run a search, there are many tips users suggest, those are just a few i listed.

Regarding the prompts to update to the same OS you have currently installed this is due to you deleting and carrier apps (bloatware) or core apps tied to the OS. They will be pushed back to you as an update. Suggest putting them in a folder to avoid the update notifications!
    03-27-13 06:13 PM
    LTE cannot be turned off on AT&T.
    03-27-13 06:22 PM
    I noticed the same thing the first day I got it. I had to recharge it twice. Since then, it's gotten progressively better. AT&T has, unfortunately, locked down the option to toggle LTE so we're going to have to deal with that. Still, it is getting better.
    03-27-13 06:28 PM
    LTE cannot be turned off on AT&T.
    Can someone explain me why is it going?
    That is the most stupid idea a carrier could have : the phone comes with the option and they looked it? Why the best is that helpful for their customers?

I'm really starting to get that at&t is not doing anything to sell this phone.

For the OP : the phone will learn how to use the battery with time, after a week or so you'll see improvement. I'm on with lte i get 14-16 hours, without i get 20-24 hours, so your carrier doesn't help you getting the best out of your choice of device AT ALL!

It's outrageous and i feel sorry for my fellow bb users on AT&T

Posted via CB10
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    03-27-13 06:32 PM
    Never let your battery to fully drain, it hurts her.
    03-27-13 06:33 PM
    Can someone explain me why is it going?
    That is the most stupid idea a carrier could have : the phone comes with the option and they looked it? Why the best is that helpful for their customers?

I'm really starting to get that at&t is not doing anything to sell this phone.

For the OP : the phone will learn how to use the battery with time, after a week or so you'll see improvement. I'm on with lte i get 14-16 hours, without i get 20-24 hours, so your carrier doesn't help you getting the best out of your choice of device AT ALL!

It's outrageous and i feel sorry for my fellow bb users on AT&T

Posted via CB10
    It's locked so that users can burn through their data limits more quickly (I assume). It's the same reason that BlackBerry Bridge and BBM Video Chat are locked down as well. Everything is about the money. It's not just BlackBerry, though. I believe that they removed this option from most of their Android-based devices as well and have even started charging for FaceTime on iOS. Still, you're absolutely right! Removing that option does cut down the functionality of our devices!
    03-27-13 06:37 PM
    I'm sure it's about data consumption but don't feel sorry for me, I have great coverage and Wifi most places I go. Just have to be smart.
    03-27-13 06:44 PM