Hello fellow elitist BB lovers!

I got my Z10 for 2 weeks now and tried to dive deeper into all the possibilities which are here to explore, but i got lost because i can�t find information i seek concentrated into one big summary!
    I hope i can ask this here without getting bashed with rude comments.

At first i updated my BB today from 10.1.0.237 to x.x.x.2312, but i can�t find a changelog for that! I�ve read that the UI and Battery-Runtime should be better but that can be a placebo-effect too because it feels a bit more fluid...

First question, what�s an "Hybrid OS" and what do the "Radio Files" do (i saw a Hybrid OS with Radio Files addition)?
    Second question, does the "STL100-2" i have something to do with a Limited Edition or is that just a Number for the different Network modes?
    Third question, Where can i find a list of all BB OS 10 releases and a Changelog?
    06-10-13 03:59 PM
    Hey welcome to CB!

STL100-2 is the version you have (normally sold in the UK/Europe)

There are 4 Versions STL100-1/2/3/4 (-1 is for Non LTE markets (e.g India, Middle Eastern countries), -2 UK/Europe, -3 is the North American version, -4 is the verizon wireless version (CDMA version)).

Hybrid OS is basically an OS which has been compiled using "best parts/files" of recent and previous OS versions (customized so to speak to get smoother, faster and better all round performance).

Radio files you can add to your device to get better reception, download speeds, battery life even as these would dictate batter performance. Many threads are out there with various radio files and user reports of which radio files gives them best results on certain OS versions. Radio files in this case don't affect the OS but installs over the previous file)
    Last edited by Cap_172R; 06-10-13 at 04:38 PM.
    06-10-13 04:06 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your CB profile to include your device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

From Hub or home screens, swipe down from top and select Settings.
    Select About at top of list. You will see your Model Number a few down.

Also, in any virtually text field on your Z10, you could type myver then a space to see your model number and current OS version.

BBRY doesn't necessarily release change logs, and some of the OS's you can find available here have not officially released, hence neither has their change log.
    06-10-13 04:57 PM
    Thanks for the warm welcome too!

I have the myver-result: Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354

So we never know what an update brings with it until someone finds it?
    That's quite lame...I wanna know if my version is the one with better battery runtime then my previous one

I updated my profile too!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 05:05 PM
    By all accounts, that version has relatively good battery life. This is based on anecdotal info provided by some users I know.

And I don't know what your previous version was...
    06-10-13 05:07 PM
    I posted it in the first post! The 7xx was it.

So the best thing is to just read much threads here and get a better overall-knowledge?
    I'd like to pimp my z10 as long as it's stable, the hybrid thingy sounds like mashing up things and without the source code of os10 this can't be a clean thingy, or am I wrong here?

Battery life maximization is my main goal, then I'd focus on other things, but when you say this version is good I'm gonna test that before saying I still need to get better performance.

Thanks for your reply!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 05:16 PM
    Ok I see that now.
    You probably meant 10.1.0.273, not 237 as post #1 says. Who knows maybe there was a 237 too!

Confusingly, each OS has a Software Release number and an OS Version number.
    Ex. Release 10.1.0.273 is OS 10.1.0.1720.

Nice job updating your profile too. Like that Error avatar!

Every OS version will likely have one main thread for you to read. Please note: some of them will be loooooong. You've been warned!
    From there, depends on your comfort zone. Please note, any OS-monkeying-around is at your own risk!
    06-10-13 05:27 PM
    Thanks for the warm welcome too!

I have the myver-result: Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354

So we never know what an update brings with it until someone finds it?
    That's quite lame...I wanna know if my version is the one with better battery runtime then my previous one

I updated my profile too!

Posted via CB10
    Since BlackBerry doesn't post change logs often except for larger updates like 10.0 to 10.1, the best thing to do is come here to crackberry. There is always a thread about an OS update and it doesn't take very long for people to post what has changed and what's new. Hope this helps.

Ps. Welcome to crackberry

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-10-13 05:40 PM
    Ok I see that now.
    You probably meant 10.1.0.273, not 237 as post #1 says. Who knows maybe there was a 237 too!

Confusingly, each OS has a Software Release number and an OS Version number.
    Ex. Release 10.1.0.273 is OS 10.1.0.1720.

Nice job updating your profile too. Like that Error avatar!

Every OS version will likely have one main thread for you to read. Please note: some of them will be loooooong. You've been warned!
    From there, depends on your comfort zone. Please note, any OS-monkeying-around is at your own risk!
    Yeah, maybe I've mistyped it, happens here and there, I hate numbers xD
    The Version number and OS number thingy I already found out, pretty confusing like you said!

Since BlackBerry doesn't post change logs often except for larger updates like 10.0 to 10.1, the best thing to do is come here to crackberry. There is always a thread about an OS update and it doesn't take very long for people to post what has changed and what's new. Hope this helps.

Ps. Welcome to crackberry

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    I'll do that, thanks a lot, I try to help to find new stuff too, I have an eye for such things if the moment is right.

Was the "tones" selection already there? Can't remember because I never changed my SMS sound tho! (look at screeny)

Posted via CB10

Attachment 170516
    06-10-13 05:49 PM