How to set up a Personal VPN on a BlackBerry Z10

This step by step guide will help you through the process of setting up a Personal VPN on your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.
    The first thing you're going to need to do is purchase a subscription from a VPN provider service. For this guide, I have used VPNReactor(dot)com.

(NOTE: I am not affiliated with VPNReactor(dot)com, I only mention it here because it is the service that I use, and I am 100% sure it will work with the Z10. I cannot guarantee that other VPN services will work on your Z10.)
    (NOTE #2: OpenVPN, PPTP, IPSEC/L2TP gateways are NOT compatible with the Blackberry Z10. The only gateway type I have tried on my Z10 is the "Microsoft IKEv2 VPN Server".)

Step 1: Download the necessary Security Certificate and unzip it to your PC. The certificate can be found here: vpnreactor(dot)com/sstp/ca_cert.zip

Step 2: On your Z10, open Settings and go to "Storage and Access".

Find "Access using Wi-Fi" and turn that setting ON. It will prompt you to enter a password, enter your desired password and tap OK. Be sure that your PC and Z10 are connected to the same WiFi Network.

Step 3: Locate your IPv4 Address. On your Z10, go to Settings > About. Under the Category drop-down menu, select 'Network'. Write down the IPv4 address listed under the Mobile Network column. You will need this address to install the Security Certificate from your PC.

Step 4: On your PC, open Windows Explorer and type "\\your.z10.ip" (your.z10.ip being the IPv4 address you just wrote down). You should now see two folders, "certs" and "media".

Step 5: Open the "certs" folder and copy the Security Certificate you previously unzipped to your PC into this folder.

Step 6: Import Security Certificate. On your Z10, go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Certificates. In the bottom bar, tap 'Import'. Under 'Select certificate stores to import into" select "VPN" and tap Next. Once in the Import Certificates screen, select "ca_cert" and tap 'Import'.

Now return to the Certificates screen and be sure "All Certificates" is selected in the drop-down menu. Scroll down until you see "sstp.vpnreactor.com". If you see it in the list, that means you have successfully imported the Security Certificate and you may now proceed to set up your VPN!

Z10 VPN Setup

Step 1) Go to Settings > Network Connections > VPN. In the bottom bar, tap "Add".

Step 2) Enter the following VPN Settings. Make sure you enter them EXACTLY as they're listed here:

Profile Name: vpnreactor
    Server Address: sstp.vpnreactor.net
    Gateway Type: Microsoft IKEv2 VPN Server
    Authentication Type: EAP-MSCHAPv2
    Authentication ID Type: Fully Qualified Domain Name
    Authentication ID: your VPNReactor username
    MSCHAPv2 Password: your VPNReactor password
    Gateway Auth Type: PKI
    Gateway Auth ID Type: Identity Certificate Distinguished Name
    Gateway CA Certificate: sstp.vpnreactor.com

When done click 'Connect'.

You're done! You should now be back in the VPN Settings screen. To the left of your VPN profile, you should now see either a green WiFi logo or a set of green signal bars. If you're seeing green, Congratulations! You now have an active VPN connection!
    Last edited by Kyle27; 02-28-13 at 04:23 PM.
    limh5, ealvnv, raw_dog and 2 others like this.
    02-14-13 12:21 AM
    This is AWESOME! Thanks!
    02-14-13 01:00 AM
    Do you know is SSTP works? If not, do you know of a VPN service that works with NBA LEAGUE PASS/Game time
    02-14-13 03:00 AM
    Its really odd I use VPNReactor and have setup on my PB fine all working, yet when I do exactly the same thing on my Z10 it doesnt connect constantly get a timeout error despite the PB being fine on same Wi-Fi connection? Anyone have any ideas Im on the latest 10.1.
    05-29-13 05:06 PM
    How to setup a VPN on blackberry z10

Setup & Use IPSEC VPN
    Click on settings
    Go to network connections
    Click on VPN
    Fill in the required setting:
    Click ADD NEW VPN PROFILE
    Name the profile
    Input a gateway/server location
    Gateway type: Cisco Secure PIX Firewall VPN
    Authentication Type: XAUTH-PSK
    Group Username: ipsec
    Group Password: ipsec
    Hard Token: leave unchecked
    Enter your VPN username
    Enter your VPN password
    Save and Connect
    GUIDE: How to set up a Personal VPN on a BlackBerry Z10-z10.jpg
    08-14-13 10:44 PM
    I got it working on my Netgear 318g vpn router.

Set both my PlayBook and Z 10. Now I can remote desktop in from anywhere

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:48 PM
    I got it working on my Netgear 318g vpn router.

Set both my PlayBook and Z 10. Now I can remote desktop in from anywhere

Posted via CB10
    Presumably you are not using a residential ISP.
    08-15-13 01:09 AM
    Ipsec gateways work according to Karl denninger. He?s posted a guide at market-ticker.com. And you really need to create your own vpn server for real security.. using a third party defeats the purpose!
    08-15-13 09:36 AM
    Ipsec gateways work according to Karl denninger. He?s posted a guide at market-ticker.com. And you really need to create your own vpn server for real security.. using a third party defeats the purpose!
    i also posted a howto takes about 30 minutes to create your own ipsec ikev2 vpn using strongswan. you can read it here

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...30-q10-862588/
    10-21-13 09:00 AM
    This works well. I purchased a very fast, highly secure VPN for use on my Z10 some time ago which works well. It's unfortunate that it does not work for BB World. Not sure if they (BB World/ payment server) are using the GPS or AGPS or what - but, I can see applications that are available outside my region, but it will not let me purchase them.
    10-21-13 09:05 AM
    This works well. I purchased a very fast, highly secure VPN for use on my Z10 some time ago which works well. It's unfortunate that it does not work for BB World. Not sure if they (BB World/ payment server) are using the GPS or AGPS or what - but, I can see applications that are available outside my region, but it will not let me purchase them.
    i just through i would try something. I am from Canada and I recently went for a wedding in the states. while I was down there I picked up a tmobile pay as you go sim. its good for 30 days. I still have it here. When I got back to canada I put back in my Bell sim. I tried getting abc player which is an american app off bb world and it wouldn't work with the bell sim. it showed me the app but said it was not available for my device. so I shut off my phone took out the bell sim and put in the tmobile. it wasn't able to get on a network consistently (on and off with rogers) but I was on wifi, connected to my american vpn. i went to bb world searched for abc player and it showed available. I uninstalled it off my phone, and reinstalled it with no issue with tmobile sim and my american vpn on while on wifi.

i then though to try the phone without a sim but connected to wifi and american vpn. I went to bb world and it showed abc player still available. I uinstalled it and reinstalled it without an issue. it also works great streaming content from abc to my phone.

I then put my bell sim back in and connected to wifi with american vpn. it would not allow me to see the app. I turned off data services from my cell network and it still would not let me get the app. i disabled the entire cell network and it allowed me to get the app. this was after a min or two so the settings could reset app world. so I learned a few things.

If you want to fool bb app world into thinking your from the region of your vpn you need to ensure mobile network is disabled while your on wifi and connected to your vpn. you can also remove your sim and connect to wifi and your vpn and do it that way. using another sim from another country may also help but you will need to be on wifi and connected to the vpn still.

put simply, disconnect your mobile network, while connected to wifi and your vpn, wait a few minutes, then get the app from the specific region you are looking for.
    10-21-13 10:03 AM
    there isn t any certs folder in run window just media folder exist, what is the problem/
    11-21-13 03:52 PM