Someone should write an app that allows you to sideload Netflix... you load the app, then when you run the app, it connects to a Web server or torrent of the signed Netflix .bar and sucks it onto your device. That would simplify it enough that most people could use Netflix on their BB10s. I wonder if such a thing is even possible.
    Unfortunately that is not possible. BlackBerry removed the ability for you to sideload an app from the device (on the Playbook and presumably this rule has propagated over to BB10). Basically you need either have another device/computer, or a proxy to reroute your network so the BB10 sends a signal through your network and bounces it back to itself. No way to sideload from just the device. BUT it is presumably possible to have a server set up to push the sideload to your phone, but thats rather complicated and would probably cause legal action against whom ever sets up that server.
    03-06-13 10:24 PM
    Nice to hear!.

The apps i want is Shazam, BBM Music & Skype. Nothing else. I hope most apps that are missing get released within the next couple of weeks!
    Agreen on Shazam. A must have on a phone like this. I have like 5 different streaming and radio apps, so Shazam has to be there to compliment.
    03-06-13 10:26 PM
    I'm i the only one who miss blackberry traffic?

Posted via CB10
    I use BlackBerry maps. I find it works well and I really don't miss BlackBerry traffic. What features is the Z10 App missing?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 10:30 PM
    Well Skype no surprise there they said it'd be out. BB Travel, same, I think we can expect all BB built apps to be moved over eventually.

Jabber and Instagram are good news. At any rate, as long as this thing keeps selling in reasonable numbers, the apps will come.

-------

edit: I bet we'll see a lot more news on apps and stuff prior to the US launch. Like WhatsApp / Skype etc.
    03-06-13 10:32 PM
    About time I say, keep this ball rolling
    03-06-13 10:55 PM
    wooohooo BBRY is in the house!! Yay, bring it on: Skype, BB Travel & Instagram!
    03-06-13 11:20 PM
    Now all I'm looking for is watchespn and the the new fox sports 1 app (sometime in Aug/sept.) Ugh. This ticking clock is driving me mad
    03-06-13 11:25 PM
    Yes I know. lame people over there.
    You can sideload it.
    03-06-13 11:34 PM
    Shazaam will be available in q3. They are already working on it. The senior of BlackBerry told me on CeBIT.

Posted via CB10
    blakobecwa likes this.
    03-06-13 11:35 PM
    Great! Inside hope instagram make it clear already
    03-07-13 12:10 AM
    Agreed but here in Canada Netflix is useless with the data caps we have & Netflix Canada being **** lol. Americans have it better!.
    You better go visit your ISP's website ASAP. Both Rogers and Bell internet are running a promo to allow you to remove your data cap but I think it's over soon.
    03-07-13 12:23 AM
    Skype will be an Android port but I think the rest are supposed to be native.

CB10- z10
    03-07-13 12:28 AM
    Shazaam will be available in q3. They are already working on it. The senior of BlackBerry told me on CeBIT.

Posted via CB10
    I was just about to post that Shazam is confirmed as coming. They were on that big screen of app icons on Jan 30th too.

The Q3 part is news to me and mildly annoying.
    With experience making apps on BBOS, iOS, and Android, plus a year of lead time, I really don't understand why a dev like this wasn't ready.

Posted via CB10
    RIMperator, G-bone and ibby-berry like this.
    03-07-13 12:31 AM
    Hi there,

am a newbie and was wondering if this was posted using a Z10 on CB10 ?

If yes, please tell me how it's done. I don't know how to post using Z10 via CB10.

Thanks mate.
    03-07-13 12:39 AM
    Great post, and I'm glad those apps are on their way.

But it's the following posts that left me disappointed.. No Shazam and no BlackBerry Traffic? Now's about the time I'd say the F-word. I have used those apps nearly everyday since they became available to BlackBerry users. They work, and they work incredibly well. I am so happy to see that BlackBerry's app wooing efforts are paying off, but they shouldn't forget the ones that we longtime BlackBerry users have had for a while. (I'm also annoyed that Chase Bank is now unavailable for new users, and totally unusable for us after sometime in late April). I think banking apps are majorly important, especially on a BlackBerry, of all devices.
    03-07-13 12:57 AM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    great post!! Great news for Blackberry!!! ... March is going to be awesome .. USA launch! ... Z10 rocks!!
    G-bone likes this.
    03-07-13 12:59 AM
    Hi there,

am a newbie and was wondering if this was posted using a Z10 on CB10 ?

If yes, please tell me how it's done. I don't know how to post using Z10 via CB10.

Thanks mate.
    Hi Winston, and welcome to CrackBerry!

There are a couple different ways to post that I'll explain quickly.
    But you have another issue. You're probably not logged in. From most pages in Forums section, swipe down from top and select Accounts on left. It takes several seconds for next screen to load usually. Log in if you're not already.
    Due to a bug in CB10 v1.1, every time you first open the app you'll have to open your Accounts page for it to log you in. Version 1.2 is coming out tomorrow probably and should fix this.

Once you're logged in, at the bottom of any thread in Forums you should see Reply to Thread in the action bar.

Or long-press any post and select the speech bubble icon with the ... in it to quote that post in a new post of your own.

Posted via CB10
    charliechan likes this.
    03-07-13 01:09 AM
    We KNOW Skype will be there; they've said as much themselves and it's been confirmed repeatedly.

I, too, am waiting for Shazam, or some reasonable substitute. I love Shazam. At this point, it's the one thing about my 9900 that I'm really missing. Well, that and BBM Music, and I've heard rumblings to the effect that BBM Music is NOT coming. I'll maintain my subscription for another month, but if this turns out to be true I'll be sad.
    I thought I was the only one missing shazam as I haven't heard it brought up. I use that app often. Yellow pages would be nice too.
    03-07-13 02:17 AM
    Great post, and I'm glad those apps are on their way.

But it's the following posts that left me disappointed.. No Shazam and no BlackBerry Traffic? Now's about the time I'd say the F-word. I have used those apps nearly everyday since they became available to BlackBerry users. They work, and they work incredibly well. I am so happy to see that BlackBerry's app wooing efforts are paying off, but they shouldn't forget the ones that we longtime BlackBerry users have had for a while. (I'm also annoyed that Chase Bank is now unavailable for new users, and totally unusable for us after sometime in late April). I think banking apps are majorly important, especially on a BlackBerry, of all devices.
    Blackberry traffic is part of BlackBerry Maps now.
    03-07-13 02:42 AM
    I need the Official NBA Game Time app (I dont want any rip off NBA apps).
    03-07-13 03:20 AM
    Those BlackBerry folks have all the cool stuff.. holding out..........Jerks. Heh.

03-07-13 03:35 AM
    Thanks for the scoop, man!
    All I really need are Kindle, Kobo, and CrackBerry.
    But any big additions are good additions!!

#BB10FTW
    03-07-13 03:39 AM
    Those BlackBerry folks have all the cool stuff.. holding out..........Jerks. Heh.

http://i.imgur.com/7vVOP6r.jpg
    Is it lame that I thought the coolest thing about that photo was the watermark?

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys and Toodeurep like this.
    03-07-13 04:47 AM
    Is it lame that I thought the coolest thing about that photo was the watermark?

Posted via CB10
    eeeehhh... NO...Not lame!!
    HAHAHHAHAA ROFLMAO!
    03-07-13 04:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    mmmmmmm

''‏@ShazamSupport
    @edcoleridge We're always considering new platforms for Shazam. No current ETA for BB10. Thank you for voicing your support!''

I know that doesn't mean no, but it does mean not in the next month or so. Hopefully Shazam and SoundHound will realise that the first to market will gain traction............
    03-07-13 04:53 AM
156 ... 23456 ...