I'm i the only one who miss blackberry traffic?

Posted via CB10
    I think so. The BlackBerry maps that come with bb10 have turn by turn nav built in very nicely. Also side loaded android versions of Google maps work very well.
    NightSlayer likes this.
    03-06-13 04:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nope your not the only one at all
    03-06-13 04:51 PM
    I think so. The BlackBerry maps that come with bb10 have turn by turn nav built in very nicely. Also side loaded android versions of Google maps work very well.
    Yea it has turn by turn but traffic still had more features I'm sure we will get those back soon enough but it's still slightly missed
    BlackStormRising and DocDRM like this.
    03-06-13 04:54 PM
    Glad I got mine early, the excitement of waiting for apps is way better than waiting for a phone.....

Posted via CB10
    Snap51, leafnstion44 and alan510 like this.
    03-06-13 04:55 PM
    We KNOW Skype will be there; they've said as much themselves and it's been confirmed repeatedly.
    I, too, am waiting for Shazam, or some reasonable substitute. I love Shazam. At this point, it's the one thing about my 9900 that I'm really missing. Well, that and BBM Music, and I've heard rumblings to the effect that BBM Music is NOT coming. I'll maintain my subscription for another month, but if this turns out to be true I'll be sad.
    I emailed the authors of SoundHound a few weeks back and they replied that they are currently working on a BB10 app. No idea if native or a port. I can cut and paste the original email if you'd like. Not Shazam, but same territory so hopefully that helps. AND, if SoundHound releases on BB10, I'm guessing Shazam wouldn't want to be left out, so they'll follow shortly after?

EDIT: Here it is, from February 7, 2013

Hi PJ Wilson,

Thank you for reaching out to the SoundHound support team.

Last week we announced that we are currently working on putting our application on the new Blackberry 10 OS. We're not sure when it will be available, but we're working on it!

Best,
    Dustin

For anyone who is pleased by this, please reach out politely to the SoundHound team and encourage them!

Email: [email protected]
    03-06-13 05:05 PM
    Yea it has turn by turn but traffic still had more features I'm sure we will get those back soon enough but it's still slightly missed
    Agreed. BB10 Maps is adequate for now, but I can't wait for the full functionality of BB Traffic to be integrated - I hope!
    03-06-13 05:09 PM
    Does anyone know if Skype for BB10 since it's an Android port will be available for the PB as well?
    03-06-13 05:15 PM
    Well, that and BBM Music, and I've heard rumblings to the effect that BBM Music is NOT coming. I'll maintain my subscription for another month, but if this turns out to be true I'll be sad.
    Time to be sad, I'm afraid.

This has been mentioned by various blogger-types on Crackberry and elsewhere, and I didn't really want to believe it, but:

https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/s...35528009998337

I'm pretty sad too. BBM Music has some issues, but its also a really cool service. I really think if BB tweaked it a bit and put together a nice slick app on BB10, they could turn it into a hit, but I guess they don't agree. Too bad.
    03-06-13 05:17 PM
    Sounds good! bring on the APPS! lol... skype would be a good addition to the BB platform...
    03-06-13 05:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely not. I can't wait for it to come back (I hope) That and BlackBerry Travel.

Posted via CB10
    I was rewatching the launch keynote, and if you pay close attention to Andrew Bocking's phone (used for demo of BBM screen share), he has Skype and Whatsapp on it...
    Skype would be cool for sure.

BB Travel as well.

Instagram well i never use it although i have an account.

As for Jabber i assume its an IM program, well lots of them out there.
    03-06-13 05:27 PM
    I was rewatching the launch keynote, and if you pay close attention to Andrew Bocking's phone (used for demo of BBM screen share), he has Skype and Whatsapp on it...
    I saw this as well & to be honest, I am sure they have most of the apps on their phones WAY before we get them.
    rickkel likes this.
    03-06-13 05:29 PM
    So what the **** happened to WhatsApp then? I thought this was a highly requested app to be seen this month as well.
    rickkel likes this.
    03-06-13 05:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I need it badly too. I loved the simplicity of it.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 05:46 PM
    Whaaaaaaatttttts Appppppppp pleeeeeease!!!!!
    03-06-13 05:49 PM
    So what the **** happened to WhatsApp then? I thought this was a highly requested app to be seen this month as well.
    It will be. Be patient & it will come out. They are most likely waiting for the US release to happen.
    03-06-13 05:52 PM
    It will be. Be patient & it will come out. They are most likely waiting for the US release to happen.
    No what I meant was WhatsApp wasn't on the list already while BB Travel is?!
    03-06-13 05:58 PM
    Agreed but here in Canada Netflix is useless with the data caps we have & Netflix Canada being **** lol. Americans have it better!.
    How about Netflix on WIFI?
    03-06-13 06:01 PM
    How about Netflix on WIFI?
    Still tho. Check Rogers site. We have data caps on home internet as well. 60GB / 80GB/ 100GB a few others. Mind you i have seen MANY complain about how the have used up 80GB in a week on Netflix alone. NetFlix Canada is ****. No new movies or anything that the US has.
    03-06-13 06:04 PM
    Isn't it mostly integrated into the maps app?
    03-06-13 06:10 PM
    My brother hooked BB Traffic to my bluetooth in my car for directions and I hated it. I like to actually see the road I am on. I just use a regular Garmin GPS. I hate phone ones. I like it chillin at my window.
    03-06-13 06:23 PM
    Obviously setting it up for the US release.
    03-06-13 06:25 PM
    I emailed the authors of SoundHound a few weeks back and they replied that they are currently working on a BB10 app. No idea if native or a port. I can cut and paste the original email if you'd like. Not Shazam, but same territory so hopefully that helps. AND, if SoundHound releases on BB10, I'm guessing Shazam wouldn't want to be left out, so they'll follow shortly after?

EDIT: Here it is, from February 7, 2013

Hi PJ Wilson,

Thank you for reaching out to the SoundHound support team.

Last week we announced that we are currently working on putting our application on the new Blackberry 10 OS. We're not sure when it will be available, but we're working on it!

Best,
    Dustin

For anyone who is pleased by this, please reach out politely to the SoundHound team and encourage them!

Email: [email protected]
    Sound Hound is far better than Shazam in my opinion. This is great news!

Posted via CB10
    web99 and EsJayDee like this.
    03-06-13 06:37 PM
    Still tho. Check Rogers site. We have data caps on home internet as well. 60GB / 80GB/ 100GB a few others. Mind you i have seen MANY complain about how the have used up 80GB in a week on Netflix alone. NetFlix Canada is ****. No new movies or anything that the US has.
    FYI Robbers ah-hem i mean Rogers has a promo on now till end of march that gives unlimited bandwith for $10/month if you have 2 services with them or $30 if you just have 1 service with them
    bbquincar likes this.
    03-06-13 06:39 PM
156 1234 ...