Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2559bd34
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Gripes with the Z10

A great big hello to all..

I've recently jumped from my BlackBerry 9900 to the z10 while also using an ip4 and now 5 for a second phone although it pretty much became my primary after my 9900 started self destructing. I jumped at the z10 the moment it came out. Part brand loyalty, part curiosity.

I have a few gripes with the OS or the phone that if solved would really really improve my experience. Don't get me wrong. I love the phone though.

1. Recent call list. I find the call management system abit laggy. When you load up your recent call list, there is visible lag. Its not instantaneous. Infact you may sometimes see a list full of just numbers and the names will slowly show up to replace the numbers bit by bit.

If for some reason, you're in the missed call section of your recent calls, you tap on ALL and it's a good 8-10 seconds wait before you get the all list.

Is this the case with everyone too?

2. Calling on speakerphone

Sometimes when calling someone, ive previously read that the phone emits the highest amount of radiation or something to that effect during the ringing. So I've made it a habit to ring people and put it on speaker till they pick up.

Problem is the screen then times out and blanks. When i press the top button, it brings me back to my lock screen.

If i swipe up from below, it works but sometimes I have to then manually go to the phone function.

Can it be by default like the ios?

3. New words into dictionary.

When there are words not in the dictionary, i swipe up on my keyboard to use that word. But it doesn't get stored in my dictionary or custom words. To add words I have to manually go to settings. Is there a way to store these words on the fly as i go along typing my messages?

Thanks once again for all the help in advance and this community has made the ownership of BlackBerry devices a real treat..

Posted via CB10
    Best Regards,
    Kenny
    CrackBerry User

For the second concern, I find if I just tip the phone, it comes back where I can see the screen and use the dial pad, etc. My Z10 lags too loading the call log...

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    6,483 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

I'd also look at extending your screen timeout. I have run into this myself, though, and just swiped up (NOT hitting the top button) to clear the lock screen.

And agreed on the laggy call log.

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

--Mark Twain
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by k3nny View Post
    A great big hello to all..

I've recently jumped from my BlackBerry 9900 to the z10 while also using an ip4 and now 5 for a second phone although it pretty much became my primary after my 9900 started self destructing. I jumped at the z10 the moment it came out. Part brand loyalty, part curiosity.

I have a few gripes with the OS or the phone that if solved would really really improve my experience. Don't get me wrong. I love the phone though.

1. Recent call list. I find the call management system abit laggy. When you load up your recent call list, there is visible lag. Its not instantaneous. Infact you may sometimes see a list full of just numbers and the names will slowly show up to replace the numbers bit by bit.

If for some reason, you're in the missed call section of your recent calls, you tap on ALL and it's a good 8-10 seconds wait before you get the all list.

Is this the case with everyone too?

2. Calling on speakerphone

Sometimes when calling someone, ive previously read that the phone emits the highest amount of radiation or something to that effect during the ringing. So I've made it a habit to ring people and put it on speaker till they pick up.

Problem is the screen then times out and blanks. When i press the top button, it brings me back to my lock screen.

If i swipe up from below, it works but sometimes I have to then manually go to the phone function.

Can it be by default like the ios?

3. New words into dictionary.

When there are words not in the dictionary, i swipe up on my keyboard to use that word. But it doesn't get stored in my dictionary or custom words. To add words I have to manually go to settings. Is there a way to store these words on the fly as i go along typing my messages?

Thanks once again for all the help in advance and this community has made the ownership of BlackBerry devices a real treat..

Posted via CB10
    1. Yes the lag seems to be universal and gets annoying at times when I am trying to make a quick call.

2. When you out your call on speaker phone do you put it next to you ear? The proximity sensor will turn the screen off. Otherwise follow the suggestions posted by the other two.

3. I do believe that you can only add them manually, but those words I have used manually enough to the point where they don't get auto-corrected to something else, or a typo will auto-correct to that word.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

To solve number three you can tap on a misspelled word in your text box and a pop up will appear with word suggestions and the ability to add to dictionary
    Gripes with the Z10-img_00000290.png

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2559bd34
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I really hope BlackBerry will take notice and sort out the laggy call log issue. Being a heavy phone user as i am in sales and get a lot of phone calls, sometimes multiple calls at the same time, means alot of frustration for me when the call log lags up.

I almost typed RIM too up there in place of the current blackberry corporate name. Haha

The tip to add to dictionary is really helpful though. Much thanks for that Tyler!

I think that all in all, the bb10 platform has come a long long way and has a strong fight in its hands. Iron out these little issues and we have here an amazing phone.

Not to mention tremendous brand loyalty that the BlackBerry name carries.

I for 1 refuse to give up just by virtue of having an awesome experience in the past and believe it's still possible now. I also tote an iPhone 5 though. Haha

Posted via CB10
    Best Regards,
    Kenny
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,331 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

I find the phone app in general to be a little unresponsive at times. Nothing over the top. Just a little laggy.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts

I find the phone app in general to be a little unresponsive at times. Nothing over the top. Just a little laggy.
    It seems that under 10.1.x.x. the whole phone is laggy and I tried almost every ota and leak out there. I have now decided to only use ota updates.

They would of been smart if they used a faster processor and less worries about squeezing every penny for profit.

-jeff
    Jeff