Hey guys,

After the first couple of reboots, I started taking more precautions when using the phone. I know, I know it's "2013 and these shouldn't Happen" blah blHblah. But honestly even with the reboots, the Z10 is the best phone on the market. The gestures are money, and I can do/ whip up anything faster than any other mobile OS. The button pressing on the iPhone is ridiculous, and all of the clutter on the Android platform just sucks.. I always get lost on my friends GS3.

So in an attempt to mitigate lost productivity with the reboots, I save every email I am working on as I'm typing it out. This takes literally a couple of seconds.. just press Cancel and then save. Tap back into the email and continue on!

Other than reboots in the middle of emails, I don't see any reason for me to switch or return the device. It boots up so quickly now as compared to previous blackberry's that I just put it in my pocket for a second and the next time I look at it its ready to go.

And one side benefit of the reboots is that it reminds me to focus on my REAL life.. I see so many iPhone users who go to restaurants or sporting events but never stop to smell the roses because they're glued to their phones. Get out there and enjoy life!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:04 PM
    Wow, you should work for Blackberry's marketing department. "Your phone will reboot randomly allowing you to enjoy life more while it restarts itself."

You are kidding yourself if you think that your phone rebooting is ok. I've heard of fanboys, but this is taking it to a new level.
    04-11-13 12:09 PM
    Lol yeah maybe you're right... haha

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:58 AM
    Great! We should always look at glass half-full. Helps us live longer!
    04-12-13 01:54 AM
    I applaud your enthusiasm, but maybe you should consider taking your device for repair. I do too experience occasionally reboots, but what you have described goes beyond anything acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 02:18 AM
    Take your device back. Your experience will be all the more sweeter if you do. Hold BlackBerry accountable for the 200 bucks you spent purchasing the device. You deserve your money's worth.
    04-12-13 02:33 AM
    Please get your device fixed under the manufacturer warranty. Short and sweet which will make you a lot happier

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:19 AM
    Have you tried reading the OS? Besides an SD being a potential culprit, this seems to have the mist promise of resolving the issue for people and if it does not, then take the warranty route.

I do agree with the sentiment that one should take a step back from 24/7 connectivity every now and then and indeed a reboot tells you to stop and think, however I think we should learn to this by ourselves rather than have a device remind us. Then again, some people need some extra persuasion.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:23 AM
    Hey guys,

After the first couple of reboots, I started taking more precautions when using the phone. I know, I know it's "2013 and these shouldn't Happen" blah blHblah. But honestly even with the reboots, the Z10 is the best phone on the market. The gestures are money, and I can do/ whip up anything faster than any other mobile OS. The button pressing on the iPhone is ridiculous, and all of the clutter on the Android platform just sucks.. I always get lost on my friends GS3.

So in an attempt to mitigate lost productivity with the reboots, I save every email I am working on as I'm typing it out. This takes literally a couple of seconds.. just press Cancel and then save. Tap back into the email and continue on!

Other than reboots in the middle of emails, I don't see any reason for me to switch or return the device. It boots up so quickly now as compared to previous blackberry's that I just put it in my pocket for a second and the next time I look at it its ready to go.

And one side benefit of the reboots is that it reminds me to focus on my REAL life.. I see so many iPhone users who go to restaurants or sporting events but never stop to smell the roses because they're glued to their phones. Get out there and enjoy life!

Posted via CB10
    How is this helping either you or BlackBerry?

A phone should not act this way so why not invest the time with either your carriers customer services or BlackBerry themselves?

On another note, I'm willing to lay odds on this being an app issue. I think this partly because I've had it a couple of times myself after installing the horrible ebay port. It took dental lagoon and a hard reset to rectify.

The threads started on here about this issue at the sane time as the eBay app was released. Coincidence? Maybe

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:37 AM
    Sorry but there is no phone that I would put up with constant reboots. My phone is a very important to me and my business and I would never put up with it rebooting, not even for a Blackberry.

Do you work for a living?
    04-12-13 04:12 AM