And its fantastic, great solid feel, good weight, anti-slip material on the bottom, very professional look. I also like that the dock takes a full size HDMI in the back so the dock will eliminate the need for a micro HDMI cable. But the dock is worth every penny just for a great platform for bedside mode.

Another note, I remember someone mentioning on a thread a long time ago that you might be able to use this dock with the transform case, this is not the case (no pun intended).

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 11:51 PM
    Where did you manage to score one of those?

I gave up an bought an aftermarket dock on eBay last year. It works well though. And hard to complain for 5 bucks.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 12:04 AM
    There was a guy in the CB Market selling them not too long ago! I almost bought one, but he was only doing package deals, you had to buy the dock and a bunch of other stuff!
    04-24-14 12:11 AM
    The multimedia dock is awesome. I got one off Ebay and my LE z10 is now my new alarm clock (since I moved onto the Z30). I'm trying to figure out a way of making it work with the Z30....It's reasonably priced too, at about 20 bucks.
    04-24-14 12:25 AM
    Where did you manage to score one of those?

I gave up an bought an aftermarket dock on eBay last year. It works well though. And hard to complain for 5 bucks.

Posted via CB10
    Got mine on ebay $14 NIB. They are also on Amazon now for $22. Dont know why they are coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden. Hopefully CB will add some to their store soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 12:31 AM
    After 11years, I've never known any product for blackberry to come out on time except the leather wallet that came in the box. It was even impossible to get a reasonable Z10 case for the first few months after release.

Posted via a mess called CB10
    04-24-14 07:16 AM
    The issue is that the Z10 (Z30???) does not respect Landscape Orientation on the Home screen.
    04-24-14 08:57 AM
    Ordered mine from Amazon (USA). Also, if I want to run in landscape -- beside opening calendar etc.-- I use an Android launcher with a home screen that will rotate.
    04-24-14 10:51 AM
    Link?

Posted via CB10
    howarmat likes this.
    04-24-14 10:55 AM
    Ordered mine from Amazon (USA). Also, if I want to run in landscape -- beside opening calendar etc.-- I use an Android launcher with a home screen that will rotate.
    I saw your mention of an Android Launcher the other day. But now I get prompted:

"Complete action using"

And I have to chose either Apex Launcher or the QNX-app Launcher.

So, an extra step. Is there some setting to tweak to avoid that step? (I remember having the same issue on the Playbook when I had a launcher installed and finally deleted it to avoid that step).
    04-24-14 12:20 PM
    I saw your mention of an Android Launcher the other day. But now I get prompted:

"Complete action using"

And I have to chose either Apex Launcher or the QNX-app Launcher.

So, an extra step. Is there some setting to tweak to avoid that step? (I remember having the same issue on the Playbook when I had a launcher installed and finally deleted it to avoid that step).
    Link for dock: http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-BlackB...UvbUpU10279418

In so far as the Apex Launcher goes: when I installed it, it never asked me to chose between launchers. (I'm on .2228, BTW). But later in the day I noticed all apps had stopped rotating to landscape. so I did a restart and then it started prompting me to chose launchers. Honestly since is was more bling than function, I ended up deleting it.
    donmateo and FF22 like this.
    04-24-14 12:48 PM
    Link for dock: http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-BlackB...UvbUpU10279899

In so far as the Apex Launcher goes: when I installed it, it never asked me to chose between launchers. (I'm on .2228, BTW). But later in the day I noticed all apps had stopped rotating to landscape. so I did a restart and then it started prompting me to chose launchers. Honestly since is was more bling than function, I ended up deleting it.
    It would be nice if BB finally implemented a full option for Landscape. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why THE DOCK was never formally released - shows up that Landscape limitation on the home screen (and in other apps).
    04-24-14 03:40 PM
    It would be nice if BB finally implemented a full option for Landscape. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why THE DOCK was never formally released - shows up that Landscape limitation on the home screen (and in other apps).
    True, but there are a couple of apps that are naturals for landscape in the Dock, like calendar. world clock etc. Plus I would usually be using Room Tunes which will work in landscape mode. NY Times would be easier to "page" through in landscape, etc. Texts and email would also be fine, just have to see if my BT keyboard works.

EDIT: it does work!
    04-24-14 04:44 PM
    I just ordered one from Amazon, estimated delivery is May 21st.

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    04-24-14 10:01 PM
    The issue is that the Z10 (Z30???) does not respect Landscape Orientation on the Home screen.
    RESPECT...

Posted via a mess called CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-25-14 06:56 AM
    Another note, I remember someone mentioning on a thread a long time ago that you might be able to use this dock with the transform case, this is not the case (no pun intended).

Posted via CB10
    It does work with the transform case. You just have to flip up one side ( like you would for the kick stand) and it works with the dock. You don't need to remove the the whole case.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 07:06 AM
    Got mine. Nice, heavy solid piece of gear with a full size HDMI port. Quite cool.

Oh, yeah... Room Tunes works great in Dock -- landscape, swipe through selections, rockers work for volume.
    04-29-14 12:05 PM