I'm really not happy with the Maps app that comes with the phone. I've read that people are happy just using the browser and going to maps.google.com. I would do that, except I don't see my location displayed on the screen. I see the map and it appears to be the right area, but there is no icon for my location. So, it woudn't be suitable for navigation. Anyone else have this issue or have a workaround?

I tried to load Magellan Compass and it seemed full of features but would hang.

For my upcoming roadrip, I'm thinking of just using my z10 wifi hotspot and connecting to google maps through the app on my disconnected droid.

Thanks
    Jamie
    07-31-13 07:44 AM
    I'm really not happy with the Maps app that comes with the phone. I've read that people are happy just using the browser and going to maps.google.com. I would do that, except I don't see my location displayed on the screen. I see the map and it appears to be the right area, but there is no icon for my location. So, it woudn't be suitable for navigation. Anyone else have this issue or have a workaround?

I tried to load Magellan Compass and it seemed full of features but would hang.

For my upcoming roadrip, I'm thinking of just using my z10 wifi hotspot and connecting to google maps through the app on my disconnected droid.

Thanks
    Jamie
    Buy BeMaps10
    07-31-13 07:54 AM
    You can side load google maps to your BB10. It works like native app in mine.

Google Maps on Z10-img_00000719.png

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 08:41 AM
    Agree with above - BeMaps 10 Pro (full Google Maps features with voice navigation integration to BlackBerry Maps GPS.)

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 187775
    07-31-13 08:43 AM
    Both solutions above works well, I personally use BlackBerry Maps most of the time and a sideloaded Google Maps for the rest. I was using the Google Maps website before, and could see my location without problems. Did you press the pinpoint button at the top of the page?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 08:45 AM
    I have the native app, sideloaded Google Maps (which works fine, including turn-by-turn nav) and Mireo "Don't Panic."

The latter is fully offline which has certain advantages and works well.

I find that I usually use the native app however. I like it better than the sideloaded Google one -- for driving. It doesn't do the job for alternative means of transportation though where Google's does.
    pgg101 likes this.
    07-31-13 09:54 AM
    Both solutions above works well, I personally use BlackBerry Maps most of the time and a sideloaded Google Maps for the rest. I was using the Google Maps website before, and could see my location without problems. Did you press the pinpoint button at the top of the page?

Posted via CB10
    I'm the exact same as above. Just side load Google maps it works fine. I mainly use BlackBerry Maps but it's nice to have Google Maps as a backup.
    pgg101 likes this.
    07-31-13 10:42 AM
    Log in capability for access to stored Maps / My Places? I not, is there anything else out there? Can view it on my PlayBook, but no navigation. Would love to be able to access this on the road, with navigation:

Google Maps on Z10-googmapslasites.png
    07-31-13 10:47 AM
    I have the native app, sideloaded Google Maps (which works fine, including turn-by-turn nav) and Mireo "Don't Panic."

The latter is fully offline which has certain advantages and works well.

I find that I usually use the native app however. I like it better than the sideloaded Google one -- for driving. It doesn't do the job for alternative means of transportation though where Google's does.
    I have Mireo as well....very good offline maps voice navigation app. IDEAL Would be to use BeMaps 10 and choose Mireo as the voice navigation option!

The issue with side load Google maps is you have reselect map view every time you minimize the app.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:01 PM
    Agree with above - BeMaps 10 Pro (full Google Maps features with voice navigation integration to BlackBerry Maps GPS.)

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 187775
    I need a clarification here. Is there turn by turn voice navigation in BeMaps 10 Pro, or not?

One of the recent reviewers of this app in BB World says there is no turn by turn navigation.
    Last edited by KenV54; 07-31-13 at 02:07 PM.
    07-31-13 01:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I pressed the pinpoint button. Here is a screenshot. it zooms to the right location, just no indicator of my actual location.Google Maps on Z10-maps.png
    07-31-13 02:17 PM
    I need a clarification here. Is there turn by turn voice navigation in BeMaps 10 Pro, or not?

One of the recent reviewers of this app in BB World says there is no turn by turn navigation.
    If you choose turn by turn voice in bemaps 10 pro then it opens BB maps for that functionality.
    KenV54 likes this.
    07-31-13 02:32 PM
    Has anybody tried the other offerings on bb world?

I'd love to hear experiences which may help me make a decision.

Black is best Z10!
    07-31-13 02:42 PM

Like I mention above it integrates with the BlackBerry Maps for the voice navigation piece. (it launches BlackBerry Maps if turn by turn is what you want.)

Posted via CB10
    KenV54 likes this.
    08-01-13 06:28 AM
    Mireo Don't panic is really great ! It's offlines and you have all the maps offlines !

I have a wallet for my Z10 and it give me a support and I place it on my dash and way to go i'am secure with my Mireo DON'T PANIC Gps!

The Z10 is the device that I prefer for everythings !

I have an iPhone and a Samsung Galaxy S3 but Z10 is the one that I prefer !

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-01-13 06:55 AM
    Just to follow up incase someone looks for this in the future. I found that when I go outside and get a good gps signal, my location shows up fine on google maps. BBRY Maps locates me fine even when inside. Google seems to locate me, but doesn't show the icon for my location unless I'm outside.
    08-02-13 06:07 PM
    Yeah buy bemaps pro it's awesome works much more reliably and more feature filled than the google maps mobile service.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    08-02-13 06:17 PM
    In any mobile phone make sure you set the GPS to on. Also set the options for allow the software to see the location.

Load Google Maps from maps.google.com In the 3 dot menu on the right side, select to Add Link to Desktop. Close the Maps link. Go to the desktop and locate the new icon for Google Maps. Open with that icon. On the upper right menu selection you will see a pull down menu. Log in.

This should work.
    08-02-13 06:19 PM
    I still find waze works great for all my needs

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 06:49 PM
    Can someone please link me to a good copy of Google Maps to sideload?
    08-03-13 01:02 PM
    Mireo Don't panic is really great ! It's offlines and you have all the maps offlines !

I have a wallet for my Z10 and it give me a support and I place it on my dash and way to go i'am secure with my Mireo DON'T PANIC Gps!

The Z10 is the device that I prefer for everythings !

I have an iPhone and a Samsung Galaxy S3 but Z10 is the one that I prefer !

Posted via CB10
    Is Mireo accurate and dependable even when data is turned off?

Black is best Z10!
    08-08-13 03:12 PM
    Just put OS 10.2 and side load Google maps 7.0 works just like Android version of Google Maps.

Toronto Maple Leafs Channel C0001D318
    08-08-13 03:35 PM