TL;DR Sony Z3C is the natural successor of the BlackBerry Z10. Improved processor, battery life and camera. No Hub, not as good a keyboard, but incredible software integration. Think about it, especially now that there is no clear Z10 successor.

I've been afraid this day would come ever since Skype was launched on the BB10 platform. Microsoft was said to have promised us a native Skype platform and all was looking pretty rosy for the #3 platform. But then that native version never materialised. And as much as the almost-native, Android versions of software went a long way to bridge the gap, using any Android port always left me feeling a little unsatisfied. Sure, I had Google Maps, but I couldn't log in. And using it was slow and cumbersome and incredibly taxing on the poor battery. Sure, I had Audible, but it would take about a minute to open and the controls were jittery at best. The same can be said for Soundcloud, Uber, and a whole host of apps that are becoming such integral parts of the mobile landscape that anything other than full support is, well, just not good enough.

Then the roadmap for upcoming BB10 phones was laid out. BlackBerry Classic, a copy of the Bold of yesteryear. BlackBerry Passport, a phone so odd that it actually got some media coverage, but mostly because nobody could understand who would want it, BlackBerry Z3, a phone aimed at the developing world. Where was the update to the soon two year old Z10? To the posterboy of the BB10 platform? So now I was not only stuck with a phone that was not good enough, there were no viable prospects to replace it either. Wait and see, maybe in 2015, was the best the forums could muster.

Then I see the Sony Z3C. A phone, the same size as the Z10, except so much more powerful. So much better battery life. So much better camera. But wait, it's not a BlackBerry. Am I ready to leave my beloved platform of so many years? Am I ready to leave the Hub? The notification lights? The swiftkey keyboard? BBM?

Turns out, most of the apps I was using on the BlackBerry were already Android apps. Turns out the Z3C does have a notification light, in different colours depending on the app. Turns out Androids also have a swiftkey keyboard. And BBM. What was left? Not enough to keep me. Goodbye, BlackBerry. You served me well, but it's time to move on. There are better alternatives, even for diehards like you and I. And now, almost a month in with my Z3C, there isn't much I miss from my beloved Z10. The Hub is one, and the keyboard details another, but otherwise, that's it. Do I recommend the switch? I hate to say it, but yes, come on over, there is room for all of us. You'll like it on the other side, turns out the grass is greener.
    MFej205 likes this.
    10-29-14 05:22 PM
    Enjoy

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-29-14 05:25 PM
    The grass might be greener for you, and it's great you've found a new phone that meet your needs. But I'm not switching to android, no way.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:28 PM
    Good luck, bro. I would've gotten the full sized Z3, don't like the compact version of anything.
    10-29-14 05:31 PM
    Have fun. We don't care.

Posted via CB10
    Jahtruth likes this.
    10-29-14 05:51 PM
    Z30?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:55 PM
    Find it hard to believe that in the five years you been on CB you did no see this.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...thread-260887/
    der_mit, Jahtruth and SlcCorrado like this.
    10-29-14 05:56 PM
    I thought it was a typo at first and you meant Z30 but I guess not.

Enjoy

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:57 PM
    10-29-14 06:01 PM
    As noted, please post here: If you're leaving for another device/OS, please leave your comments here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

Remember that your Mobile Nations Passport will also give you access to the Android Central Forum. Hope you'll join the discussion there!
    der_mit likes this.
    10-29-14 06:19 PM