I have tried everything... read every tutorial (and I'm not a newbie!!!).
    I am finally trying to sync my itunes folders (using sync my itunes 1.6) but even just doing it through the latest BB Link NOTHING HAPPENS!
    Using Link it just says "preparing to sync"

On my Z10 I have USB Mass Storage OFF, USB Connection - Connect to Windows (I have Windows 7), Link is turned on and so is file sharing.

On Link I have Wireless turned off. It does recognize my Z10 and will perform a backup or install updates but I can't get Explorer to show the Z and Y drives or sync media???

Have tried multiple cables on different USB jacks and it's a relatively new and powerful desktop not a laptop.

Any help would be really appreciated....

Thanks
    02-14-14 01:48 AM
    This same thing happened to me when it couldn't find my computer that I had set up for remote access with blackberry link. It would sit on the preparing to sync screen with the circle just rotating around over and over. I finally solved the problem by units talking blackberry link, then reconnecting the phone to the computer and reinstalling it. Then it worked. Try that maybe? Not the most technical answer but it worked for me!

Z30 10.2.1.537
    02-14-14 02:48 AM
    The same thing DIDN'T Happen to me. I just plugged my Z10 into my W7 laptop and voila there it is. Connected to BlackBerry Link and and and... the Y & Z drives both open in separate explorer windows.

Make sure you have all the W7 updates, the latest version of Link and OS 10.2.1. Then it will all work fine!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 03:04 AM
    I also have wifi sharing set to on. You may have to reload Link. It was just updated a day or so ago so worthwhile seeing if you have the latest version.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 07:14 AM
    Doesn't USB mass storage need to be on to use it as a drive?
    02-14-14 07:46 AM
    Doesn't USB mass storage need to be on to use it as a drive?
    If Mass Storage mode is on, then the SD card is treated as a removable disk. If not, then BlackBerry Device Manager should detect the phone and map the device memory to one network drive and the SD card to another.

OP, have you tried to restart the BlackBerry Device Manager service?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 07:48 AM
    Here's a couple other ideas.

Option B:
    Set a device name and password in the z10's wifi storage section (storage and access).
    Make sure they're both in the same MS homegroup.
    On the computer's file browser (My computer) select network and when the z10 shows up give the name and password.

Option C:
    Map the network drive
    On your windows file browser select map network drive
    Choose an unused drive letter, not y or z
    for the sdcard use \\192.168.xx.xx\Removable_SDCARD
    for the device use \\192.168.xx.xx\media
    These assume your router will always assign the same IP to your device.
    02-14-14 08:29 AM
    I get that problem too from time to time,
    It shows the device trying to connect but nothing shows up. what I do is just restart windows, try again then retry in all three USB ports if nothing restart phone and try again, after like the fifteenth try it shows.

That's the only way it works for me sometime it works on the first try, sometimes it takes a million tries don't know why it does that

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 10:01 AM
    I get that problem too from time to time,
    It shows the device trying to connect but nothing shows up. what I do is just restart windows, try again then retry in all three USB ports if nothing restart phone and try again, after like the fifteenth try it shows.

That's the only way it works for me sometime it works on the first try, sometimes it takes a million tries don't know why it does that.
    "A million tries"? Really???

If it doesn't work on the first or second try, maybe try some troubleshooting instead of another 999,998 attempts. I notice that it takes my W7 Acer laptop from 2008 about 60-90 seconds to recognize the Y & Z drives, and sometimes a little longer if it's been a while since I restarted the laptop.

Like I said above, if you're on W7, make sure you have all the new updates installed: updates for W7, updates for your phone & updates for Link. Once those are done, it should work fine, unless you have a hardware issue.

Remember, one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Or is that the definition of something else...?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 07:56 AM
    Try going to phone Settings - BlackBerry Link - tap and hold on your computer and delete. Plug phone into computer and run BlackBerry Link. That should re-pair the phone and computer. Also, make sure in Storage and Access the USB connection is set to Windows (or Mac, as appropriate).

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-17-14 12:50 PM
    Unplug device from computer, make sure your card is formatted, and reboot completely your PC and BlackBerry separately. This should clear the problem up. It did for me.
    02-04-15 11:15 PM