I've never seen something so clunky. BlackBerry used to pride themselves on email management and this is ridiculous. So I just learned when I delete emails on the Z10, they're archived to my "All Mail" folder in my Gmail account...WHY???? When I say delete I mean delete, as in trash it, not store in my archives. Soooo...that said, is it even possible to actually delete emails from Z10?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-30-13 11:55 AM
    It doesn't really delete even if you "Delete" inside your Gmail, so why would you think BlackBerry would override that feature that is gmail's?
    03-30-13 12:01 PM
    I don't think Gmail really deletes email... a while back... they actually stated that with the growing storage capacity they don't see why people would need to delete emails

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:04 PM
    I have used Android and iOS for the past few years, and both of them always did the same thing. This is no different.
    03-30-13 12:04 PM
    I believe you just have to enable it on Google's side.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:05 PM
    I've never seen something so clunky. BlackBerry used to pride themselves on email management and this is ridiculous. So I just learned when I delete emails on the Z10, they're archived to my "All Mail" folder in my Gmail account...WHY???? When I say delete I mean delete, as in trash it, not store in my archives. Soooo...that said, is it even possible to actually delete emails from Z10?

Posted via CB10
    This is a function of gmail.. it has nothing to do with the z10.

Archive is the default behavior for Gmail, but if you prefer to have it actually delete (though I'm not sure why you would) you can go into Gmail settings from the bowser and set it to "Expunge when deleted from imap"

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:05 PM
    This is a Gmail issue not within the control of Blackberry. Rant at them and stop posting negative reviews that have zilch to do with Blackberry. It's the same for every Gmail account on every phone. Sheeeeesh
    03-30-13 12:07 PM
    I keep seeing all these threads about how bad Gmail is, and I've just not had that experience, in fact, it's been a very pleasing experience for me.

Also everyone here is right that Gmail, by default does not actually delete mail. It sends it to the All Mail folder.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:07 PM
    In gmail on the Web I select a message, click on the little trash icon and it goes to the trash just like I want it to. So simple nobody can screw that up, right? Wrong. BlackBerry screwed it up. When I select a message in the hub and click on the little trash icon it archives it in my Gmail, rather than throwing it in the trash. Wtf is a trash icon used if it doesn't go to the trash?????

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:08 PM
    Iphone can either Delete or Archive Gmail.

BB could have incorporated the option.

Maybe 10.1?
    03-30-13 12:09 PM
    Happy now OP?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:10 PM
    Dunno about iphone but my android handled it pretty well.. Click the trash icon, it goes to the trash...How original.

Posted via CB10
    shadwellal likes this.
    03-30-13 12:12 PM
    Iphone can either Delete or Archive Gmail.

BB could have incorporated the option.

Maybe 10.1?
    Iphone only deleted with exchange. With imap, which is the only way Gmail can be added now, you can only archive by default.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:12 PM
    So now, in order to keep and archive only pertinent emails I wish to save, I have to delete it from the hub on my BlackBerry then physically go into Gmail via mobile Web browser or on a desktop and sift through the ones I want to delete, select them individually and delete them AGAIN. WTF?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:14 PM
    So now, in order to keep and archive only pertinent emails I wish to save, I have to delete it from the hub on my BlackBerry then physically go into Gmail via mobile Web browser or on a desktop and sift through the ones I want to delete, select them individually and delete them AGAIN. WTF?

Posted via CB10
    Stop ranting and find a way to fix it.

You need to go into that screen and enable "delete as".

GMAIL on Z10...killing me-photo-1-.png

Problem is, Google doesn't let you get in that screen easily now. Still trying to find a way to do it.
    gritsinct likes this.
    03-30-13 12:16 PM
    That's for an ipod.. How do you make it work for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:17 PM
    I have used Android and iOS for the past few years, and both of them always did the same thing. This is no different.
    I tried it on my Android just now. Hit delete on the phone. Checked it via the web page, and it was in Trash. That's using the Gmail app though...
    03-30-13 12:22 PM
    That's for an ipod.. How do you make it work for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    It works on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 too. I managed to get on that screen, but no sign of my Z10.
    I still haven't figured it out. Hopefully a solution comes up.
    I tried it on my Android just now. Hit delete on the phone. Checked it via the web page, and it was in Trash. That's using the Gmail app though...
    That's because Gmail and Android are both by Google , so the integration is really tight.
    dhahn likes this.
    03-30-13 12:27 PM
    Iphone only deleted with exchange. With imap, which is the only way Gmail can be added now, you can only archive by default.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm... My iphone and my wifes / ipad must be grandfathered.

Can do it on all three devices.
    03-30-13 12:30 PM
    Hmmm... My iphone and my wifes / ipad must be grandfathered.

Can do it on all three devices.
    I might be wrong.

Anyway, the Blackberry team is aware of us not being able to delete emails.

KB33533-Deleting email from Gmail account in BlackBerry Hub does not actually delete the email

Gray likes this.
    03-30-13 12:32 PM
    How annoying.. not only does the trash icon not send messages to the trash, a notification pops up to confirm if you really want to delete it. Why would it do that when it's not deleting it its just putting it in an archive folder..

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:33 PM
    How annoying.. not only does the trash icon not send messages to the trash, a notification pops up to confirm if you really want to delete it. Why would it do that when it's not deleting it its just putting it in an archive folder..

Posted via CB10
    If Gmail is super important to you, then you can't beat Gmail on Android.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:37 PM
    SOLVED

make sure these two options are selected in Gmail settings

Auto-Expunge off - Wait for the client to update the server.
    Immediately delete the message forever
    03-30-13 12:40 PM
    It is annoying as ****...I have a couple more weeks to test the phone out and still exchange it if I want. This issue is a huge problem for me as I send receive tons of emails daily. I need a single step function to archive and delete emails. Put plainly...it just has to work.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:46 PM
    Your issue has been addressed.

Ya, I am an unabashed BB supporter. Don't like that? Then put me on ignore.
    03-30-13 12:49 PM
103 123 ...