Does anyone know how to change the download Window on email accounts like Gmail or icloud? It looks like I'm only getting mail from the last few days on my device. I'd like to be able to download the last 30 days just like through exchange.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 11:43 PM
    In the Gmail accounts setting
    Scroll all the way down

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:58 AM
    Makaveli86, thanks for the info but I'm not seeing anywhere in the settings to adjust the download window. I see where you can change the interval if push is not available. Can you send me a screen shot of what you are referring to?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:14 AM
    Makaveli86, thanks for the info but I'm not seeing anywhere in the settings to adjust the download window. I see where you can change the interval if push is not available. Can you send me a screen shot of what you are referring to?
    Same here. I'm only seeing two day's worth of gmail, and no setting to change it. Obviously I'm not looking in the right place, but I've run out of ideas.
    03-27-13 01:37 PM
    Settings->Accounts->Advanced(at bottom of screen)->Gmail

The Advanced account setup will allow you to set the interval and retrieval window..
    03-27-13 01:54 PM
    Since we are on this topic about Gmail on the Z10, I had a quick question. I notice that if I delete an email on my Z10, after it syncs with the Gmail server, the deleted mail does not go to the "Trash" folder. In fact, when I open the Gmail website it is nowhere to be found. I don't have this issue when using hotmail, I can always find my deleted email in the Trash folder on the Hotmail website.

Has anybody else noticed this? Is there a way to change this? If not, I guess I would rather not delete Gmail messages on my Z10.
    Arock10 likes this.
    03-27-13 02:07 PM
    Since we are on this topic about Gmail on the Z10, I had a quick question. I notice that if I delete an email on my Z10, after it syncs with the Gmail server, the deleted mail does not go to the "Trash" folder. In fact, when I open the Gmail website it is nowhere to be found. I don't have this issue when using hotmail, I can always find my deleted email in the Trash folder on the Hotmail website.

Has anybody else noticed this? Is there a way to change this? If not, I guess I would rather not delete Gmail messages on my Z10.
    Going to test this right now.

Posted via CB10 (BlackBerry Z10)
    03-27-13 02:09 PM
    Settings->Accounts->Advanced(at bottom of screen)->Gmail

The Advanced account setup will allow you to set the interval and retrieval window..
    Thanks for your reply.

On my Z10 there is no "Advanced" button in the Settings>Accounts screen. It's OS 10.0.10.85.

I also note that although there is a setting for "Conversation View" of gmail, it doesn't actually do anything. So each time a new message in a conversation comes in, it displays all messages in that conversation individually.
    03-27-13 02:12 PM

I've noticed it. There's another thread on it too. The answer is, the deleted mail goes into Gmail's "all mail" category, rather than into Trash. As far as I know, there's no fix for this. "All mail" is Gmail's unique way of archiving mail, so everything you delete is in fact archived, as far as Gmail is concerned. I don't know if this will be corrected in the future but that's the way it is now.
    AjaxMilanBarcaSC likes this.
    03-27-13 02:17 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

On my Z10 there is no "Advanced" button in the Settings>Accounts screen. It's OS 10.0.10.85.

I also note that although there is a setting for "Conversation View" of gmail, it doesn't actually do anything. So each time a new message in a conversation comes in, it displays all messages in that conversation individually.
    I think he means you have to setup your Gmail account again. If you click add account at the bottom, then click advanced, then click Gmail, then go to the bottom of that screen you will see something labelled "Initial Retrieval Amount". You can change this to up to 30 days.

I do agree on the "Conversation View", it is kind of funky. Some emails are together and some are not.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    03-27-13 02:20 PM
    I've noticed it. There's another thread on it too. The answer is, the deleted mail goes into Gmail's "all mail" category, rather than into Trash. As far as I know, there's no fix for this. "All mail" is Gmail's unique way of archiving mail, so everything you delete is in fact archived, as far as Gmail is concerned. I don't know if this will be corrected in the future but that's the way it is now.
    On other OSs there's a setting built in to choose between archiving and deleting on that stuff. My guess is BB will add that at some point in the future if it isn't there already.
    AjaxMilanBarcaSC likes this.
    03-27-13 02:21 PM
    Thanks! You are correct that is where this is found. Pretty dumb if you ask me. I have never had to go to this "All Mail" category before, I thought it was pretty useless. So does this category still count towards my mailbox size? It's not a big deal but it's annoying, would rather it go to Trash directly and then delete after 30 days automatically.
    03-27-13 02:24 PM
    I think he means you have to setup your Gmail account again. If you click add account at the bottom, then click advanced, then click Gmail, then go to the bottom of that screen you will see something labelled "Initial Retrieval Amount". You can change this to up to 30 days.

I do agree on the "Conversation View", it is kind of funky. Some emails are together and some are not.
    Ah, thank you. I didn't realize I had to delete the Gmail account and start over. I did that, and at least now I have a week's worth, not 30 days. But that's better than two days, so progress is being made.

The conversation view issue is acute with these CB notifications.
    03-27-13 02:28 PM

I have discovered this about setting up GMail on my z10, I have had the device 3 weeks and finally I can see my email back to 30 days. I had to set up my GMail Email account separately from my GMail Calendar and Contacts. Here is how I did it and is very simular to the method I used on my iPhone 5 using MS Active Sync:

1.Goto "settings", then "accounts" and select "add account" at the bottom of the screen
    2.Select the "advanced" button at the bottom of the screen
    3.Select "GMail", then type in your display name, username and pw, then scroll down to the bottom and select "initial retrieval amount" and it will have 7, 15 and 30 days. You can also set the sync interval by selecting the "sync interval" button at the bottom of the screen.
    4.Once you have configured everything hit "done" at the top of the scree, and it will connect to the google server and if everything is correct, your done with the GMail (EMail) portion.

Now it's time for GMail Contacts and GMail Calendar (if your using it)

1.Goto "settings", then "accounts" and select "add account" at the bottom of the screen
    2.Select the "email, calendar and contacts" at the top of the screen
    3.Type in your GMail address and select "next" and it will ask for your password on the next screen, type in your pw and hit "next"
    4.Once it's verified, you will have three switches available, turn the email switch to "off" and leave the "calendar" and "contacts" switches to "on",then select "done" and it will now configure your Google Calendar and Contacts

I sounds like a redundant process by having to set up my GMail accounts this way, but this is what has worked for me and I am happy camper, I hope it works for you.
    Last edited by Ronald Bak; 03-27-13 at 03:35 PM.
    03-27-13 03:23 PM
    Question: Does it allow you to choose which email protocol to use for Gmail? i.e. IMAP vs POP3? I would think if you can set it up as IMAP then you would be able to see ALL email and folders with 2 way sync.
    03-27-13 03:39 PM
    Question: Does it allow you to choose which email protocol to use for Gmail? i.e. IMAP vs POP3? I would think if you can set it up as IMAP then you would be able to see ALL email and folders with 2 way sync.
    Yes, you set it up as IMAP and you select which folders to sync, but you only get 30 days maximum on the device.

There's another detail that's important to keep in mind. There's a lot of talk about "push", by which most people mean near-instant email delivery (although that's not what it actually means). I'm finding that email delivery on my Z10, from my Gmail account, is very fast--as close to instantaneous as I care about. But folder sync is not instantaneous. That is, when you delete or move mail on either the web app or the device, it can take a few minutes for the change to show at the other end.

This, I take it, is why even when you turn on "push, when available" in settings, you still set a sync interval. The "push" is for incoming mail only. Other mail actions are synced at fixed intervals.

I'm sure this has been pointed out multiple times in the many threads about Gmail on the Z10, but since it caused me some confusion at first I thought it was worth repeating here. It's an easy mistake to expect that if email delivery is instant, deletions etc. will be instantly synced too. They're not.
    03-28-13 07:41 AM