Dear Blackberry,

I know that when I Delete Mail on my handset it is sent to "All Mail" on my Gmail account, (I realised this after clicking All Mail recently and seeing 8643 emails *sigh*)
    I have read posts here that people like this aspect and that persons see the idea of never deleting your email as a good thing, personally I really dont see you would need to keep emails such as:

Amazon.com :One Day Only | 45% Off New Balance Running Shoes

I, however would like to see either the old "Delete from Mailbox as well?" option ala my Bold 9900 or Ideally, I would love to see an "Archive" option along with the delete option with the delete option actually sending the mail to "trash" of course.

Your kind attention to this matter would be appreciated,

Sincerely,
    David
    11-18-13 10:54 AM
    Hopefully BlackBerry reads the Crackberry forums and reads your question. As from the info I've been reading lately your question will be partially addressed in the next OS update to 10.2.1. There will be an option to delete mail from phone and server simultaneously ala the old BBOS way. Not sure about the archive options.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:27 AM
    Dear David,

Your wish is our command.

We are working hard on the next update to BlackBerry and will soon be releasing BB10.2.1.xxx to our carrier partners for testing and review. This latest upgrade to BB10 will allow you to delete emails from both your device and the server.

Sincerely,

BlackBerry
    11-18-13 11:30 AM
    Dear Blackberry,

I know that when I Delete Mail on my handset it is sent to "All Mail" on my Gmail account, (I realised this after clicking All Mail recently and seeing 8643 emails *sigh*)
    I have read posts here that people like this aspect and that persons see the idea of never deleting your email as a good thing, personally I really dont see you would need to keep emails such as:

Amazon.com :One Day Only | 45% Off New Balance Running Shoes

I, however would like to see either the old "Delete from Mailbox as well?" option ala my Bold 9900 or Ideally, I would love to see an "Archive" option along with the delete option with the delete option actually sending the mail to "trash" of course.

Your kind attention to this matter would be appreciated,

Sincerely,
    David
    Hi David

A couple of things...

First, the leaked OS 10.2.1.1055 does return the "delete on device" option. So, it will almost certainly be showing up officially at some point.

Deleting: Take a look at this link: How to prevent deleted Gmail messages from archiving when synced using IMAP | CrackBerry.com. This allows you to delete to the Gmail "Trash". I can vouch for the process -- it works. Here's another article, for reference: How to set up Gmail on your BlackBerry 10 device using IMAP, CalDav and CardDav | CrackBerry.com. From my personal perspective, once identifying how Gmail/IMAP works within BB10, I'm happier than I ever was on OS7.x.

Hope this helps.
    11-18-13 12:30 PM