Here is my issue:

I know that you can't use MS Active Sync anymore for free GMail accounts, even though I have a paid apps account with google for the last five years, I still get the "403 Error" every time I try and use Active Sync to set up my GMail, so I have given up on that method.

I went ahead and set-up my gmail, calendars and contacts by going to the settings/accounts/add account/ and selected the email,contacts and calendar option, typed in my GMail address and PW and it set up my GMail account fine (GMail/Contacts/Calendar). I went into the GMail setting and noticed it set up the account using IMAP.

My issue is that I have no option in my GMail settings now to select how many days I want to sync i.e. 30? That only option is only available when using the Active Sync method which will not work? The only option using the IMAP method is the push option and how many minutes.

Now it only displays what I have recently synced and I need the option so I can sync all my folders and inbox for the past 30 days. All my folders show up fine but most are empty because I haven't moved anything to them in the past couple of days. I live by GMail and this definitely sucks.

I had no such issues using my iphone 5 and MS Active Sync, so I am confused, especially when I HAVE A PAID GOOGLE APPS ACCOUNT, I am almost to the point of porting my stuff over to MS Online or Yahoo which I know doesn't have the issue with Active sync and tell google to go climb up a rope.

I am new to OS10 and maybe I am not finding the proper setting to enable this function, any Help would be appreciated.
    03-11-13 01:18 PM
    I've been moving my accounts registered to my gmail over to a new outlook.com account. I set up forwarding in Gmail to the new email.

If Google are going to be like that then forget them!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 01:33 PM