- CrackBerry Master
- 1,088 Posts
Gmail SYNC HELP - possible new question
OK, I've searched and used all the tips I have found here on the site to help me get my active sync and gmail working but still no avail.
I was able to get all my gmail accounts working on my new BB10 using the IMAP (easy install) way but now I want to try using active sync. I deleted one of my accounts and tried to re-install using the ACTIVE SYNC method. I fill in all the required info as shown on the site and upon hitting next, I get the following error....
"Service for account (firstname.lastname@example.org) is not available. Access should be available soon. [error code:403]"
Now what is this???!!!
- 02-13-2013, 08:20 PM #2
Active Sync is no longer supported on free gmail accounts.. that's why you are getting this message. If you want to use active sync, you need to purchase a domain, and sign up for google apps. Otherwise, go back to the IMAP option and it should work fine.
- 02-20-2013, 06:06 AM #8
- By pointman in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 6Last Post: 06-16-2011, 08:22 PM
- By v0va in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 11-23-2008, 10:29 PM
- By jfrorie in forum IntroductionsReplies: 9Last Post: 06-28-2008, 02:49 PM
- By kingmk in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 06-27-2008, 10:08 PM
- By chrisc728 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 0Last Post: 10-11-2007, 10:15 PM