Seems like Google is slowly giving the shaft to everyone that doesnt use those android phones.

Gmail would be a lot better on this phone if you could go through Active Sync. Since Google discontinued the service it seems like the only way to get your gmail email on this phone is to go through the normal procedure and get it 15 mins later. I am currently using the trick where you forward the email to yourself (create a filter using "in:inbox" ), but it doesn't seem to always pick up instantly.

What are the rest of the Z10 users out there doing as far as gmail is concerned? I would love to know if there is a step or two that I am missing.

Thanks
    04-05-13 08:49 AM
    Mine comes right in when the mail is sent.
    04-05-13 09:00 AM
    Me too... I just did a test from my work email to my Gmail and it showed up on my Z10 no more than 5 seconds later... Pretty good if you ask me!
    04-05-13 09:03 AM
    Same here, no need to use Exchange to get push Gmail.
    04-05-13 09:03 AM
    Setup Gmail using IMAP... in advanced settings, toggle use push notification if available, .... Push setting works for gmail in IMAP... enjoy.
    BB12MX likes this.
    04-05-13 09:11 AM
    That is interesting because my gmail account is the fastest one out of the three I have on my phone. Gmail = fastest, comcast and the slowest is my active snyc account for work email.
    /quadcells
    04-05-13 09:12 AM
    Setup Gmail using IMAP... in advanced settings, toggle use push notification if available, .... Push setting works for gmail in IMAP... enjoy.

Worked for me.. thanks!
    04-05-13 09:14 AM
    I was lucky to get in while ActiveSync was still available and can say that the Z10 is not dependable at all when it comes to email. It just isn't.
    Shame.
    04-05-13 09:14 AM
    One of the main reasons I went back to my nexus 4..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-05-13 09:19 AM
    What are the rest of the Z10 users out there doing as far as gmail is concerned? I would love to know if there is a step or two that I am missing.

Thanks
    Switched my account to Outlook and created a new @live.com account lol
    04-05-13 09:33 AM
    I was lucky to get in while ActiveSync was still available and can say that the Z10 is not dependable at all when it comes to email. It just isn't.
    Shame.
    So if I get my GMail e-mail within seconds of sending it from my work account, and most of that delay is probably the fact that the work mail scrubbers are slow, then how is that not dependable?
    04-05-13 09:56 AM
    so there was no filters that anybody had to set up to get instant email? Just configure Gmail for IMAP?
    04-05-13 10:10 AM
    I've had gmail on my Z10 since day one, and it's been great. Receive emails within seconds of when it is sent. No issues at all for me
    04-05-13 10:15 AM
    so there was no filters that anybody had to set up to get instant email? Just configure Gmail for IMAP?
    I just went in through the account setup, put in my e-mail and password, and the BlackBerry did the rest and it works.
    04-05-13 10:24 AM
    I just went in through the account setup, put in my e-mail and password, and the BlackBerry did the rest and it works.
    You just chose gmail as the email option in the email set up on the Z10? Thats it?
    04-05-13 10:33 AM
    Same worked just fine.
    04-05-13 10:34 AM
    Well, I am had my z10 for three and a half weeks now and I have changed the GMAIL account setup three times and I have had the duplication of my contacts, ghost notification issues and some other BlackBerry OS10 quirks to go along with it. I have also wiped the device twice and reloaded all my data.

So far I have been patient about these issues, but I depend on my device for accurate data being delivered and displayed properly.

I know this is a new OS and I understand all that jazz, my issue is the fact that I left the BlackBerry platform three years ago because of issues with GMAIL syncing and such and I came back because of the z10.

So far I haven't seen any fixes to issues I had three years ago, just my observation based on what's happend so far?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:35 AM
    Well, I am had my z10 for three and a half weeks now and I have changed the GMAIL account setup three times and I have had the duplication of my contacts, ghost notification issues and some other BlackBerry OS10 quirks to go along with it. I have also wiped the device twice and reloaded all my data.

So far I have been patient about these issues, but I depend on my device for accurate data being delivered and displayed properly.

I know this is a new OS and I understand all that jazz, my issue is the fact that I left the BlackBerry platform three years ago because of issues with GMAIL syncing and such and I came back because of the z10.

So far I haven't seen any fixes to issues I had three years ago, just my observation based on what's happend so far?

Posted via CB10
    Here is a post to the "fun" GMAIL stuff you mentioned: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...wed-up-790376/
    04-05-13 10:37 AM
    I got mine on 3/22 from AT&T. I set up a few Gmail accounts I use and work fast on my Z10. The only problem I started having a few days ago was duplicate contacts from Gmail. The server has only one entry per contact, but when synced with my phone I show two for each even though all other contact accounts (local, SIM, Twitter, etc.) are turned off.

Therefore, I opened an Outlook.com account for testing and my contacts now display correctly (mail delivery is also fast). So, I am considering closing my Gmail all together and stick with Outlook instead.
    04-05-13 10:40 AM
    Here is another good tidbit, today my GMail contacts are fine, no duplicates?

Now I am getting ghost notification email icons showing I have email and nothing is showing up in the Hub or my Desktop Gmail account? You have to love it? Where is an update??????

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:41 AM
    Without getting into the arcana of what counts as "push" email, I just set up the account with my Gmail address and let the OS do the rest, and I receive mail within seconds. This is a free IMAP-based Gmail account.

Other synced operations, such as deleting or moving mail, are subject to the sync interval. Depending on what interval you've set, and when the next sync is due, you might not see the changes synced for a few minutes.
    BB12MX likes this.
    04-05-13 10:56 AM
    I don't use gmail to sync contacts so I cannot speak on that, but I have 2 gmail accounts and 3 live/hotmail accounts set up on my Z10 and a test e-mail from a 6th account comes through pretty much instantly on all 5 accounts. The gmail and the hotmail accounts are free accounts and two live accounts are supplied by my ISP.

All were set up using the simple method (add account, enter email address, enter password)
    04-05-13 11:42 AM
    That is interesting because my gmail account is the fastest one out of the three I have on my phone. Gmail = fastest, comcast and the slowest is my active snyc account for work email.
    /quadcells
    Same here, O am not having any issues with my gmail account
    04-05-13 11:45 AM
    I re set everything back up and everything seems to be working correctly.

Thanks for the help.

I really appreciate it!
    04-05-13 05:37 PM