SO this is my GMAIL issue... and it is the 2nd time that it has happened to me.

I have a Z10... and everything will be working fine with Gmail, and then for a reason which is unknown to me and apparently to the Googlers over on their site... I stop getting e-mails, or get really weird e-mails (spam stuff) and all my actual e-mails AUTOMATICALLY route into my GMAIL trash... Whether they are starred, tagged or otherwise important... if I look in gmail I typically find some random e-mail in my folder which basically is tantamount to new instructions for GMAIL sent as a message from my Blackberry.

Again this is the 2nd time that it has happened on 2 different Z10s... First time it happened I switched to Outlook, but Outlook is also super quirky and won't send e-mails to some clients for unknown reasons, correct addresses and all, but I digress.

My main problem is what the hell is going on with my Gmail on my Z10? Does anyone have any ideas? Similar stories?

Thank you!
    sid89 likes this.
    04-19-15 10:08 PM
    I've used Gmail since bb10 launch day (Feb 2013) without ever seeing that issue. Hard to imagine anything on the device side could cause that.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    04-19-15 10:21 PM
    If it hadn't happened twice I wouldn't believe it myself. The weird part is the mail routing in the inbox. New unread messages straight to trash... even if I star the message on Google or white list the email senders address. Still trash...

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 10:46 PM
    Had similar problem with yahoo mail.
    The problem wasn't phone.
    My email account had been hacked.
    Emails were being intercepted and rerouted elsewhere . Had to contact yahoo and they took care of it. ( took about 4 - 5 hours to get fixed)
    04-20-15 03:14 AM
    If you had trouble with both Gmail and outlook it only tells me you messed the things up. They both work fine if you know what your doing.
    Or you could be hacked into which is also your fault. Don't blame the phone.

Open completely new email account and set it up. See how it works for you. If it gives same issues then there is something definitely wrong on your side.
    der_mit likes this.
    04-20-15 04:01 AM
    OK, real long shot... I see you have been a member since 2009. So, did you have a pre-series 10 bberry phone? If so, is it possible that AT&T kept your previous BIS account active? Because a 10 will not work properly on BIS. Like I say, a long shot...
    04-20-15 10:00 AM
    So the real trouble is Gmail only on this issue...

Outlook works fine, somewhere in outlook though it won't send to certain email addresses (like a do not fly list, even if the address isn't on the list, if it close enough the email will not fly)... at least that's what I have observed from Outlooks forums not a common problem, but not an ID10T issue either.

It may indeed be a "hack" but not sure to what end... other than to aggravate me, there are no obvious signs of "phishing" emails from my account and none of my actual contacts have gotten a hold of me to tell my account spammed them.

The last time this happened the useless folks over at Gmail help said, disconnect all remote access devices and let the problem resolve itself... which I did and then I decided things had been working well (over a year) and I decided to connect up again...

If I find the "instruction" email like I had seen the last time, I will post to see if anyone can make sense of it.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 12:14 PM