I can download gif pictures from the browser and they work will saved on the phone. But when I send them to people through MMS they don't work for them. Their phone supports gifs too.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 05:39 PM
    I can download gif pictures from the browser and they work will saved on the phone. But when I send them to people through MMS they don't work for them. Their phone supports gifs too.

Posted via CB10
    Hi!
    Are you talking about animated gifs?
    I don't think they work unless you view them at the website where they are located. I never was able to save an animated gif and have it in motion on my BlackBerry.
    If I'm mistake, I hope someone will help you with a workaround.
    07-06-13 05:45 PM
    Yeah the animated ones. They work in the browser, even when I download them to the device they work. When I send them the animation stops.
    07-06-13 05:49 PM
    It's weird, this only happens on .gifs that I download tabs save through the browser. The ones saved earlier from my sd card, do work even when I send them through MMS.
    07-06-13 06:05 PM
    I actually was surprised to receive an animated (working) GIF to my email the other day. The actualy GIF, not the link to it.
    07-07-13 08:42 AM
    I have a similar issue, but it's not exactly the same as your's. My gifs, when saved off to SD card work only if the BBM recipient requests a higher quality image.

However, if I try to send one to my legacy 9930 or my friend's 9900, the GIFs do not work regardless of what I do. Also when I try to txt my friends the GIF, they don't go through. My friends are using iOS and Android.

Here's the thread describing in detail what I'm experiencing:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...fs-bbm-844138/
    09-05-13 04:06 PM
    I have a similar issue, but it's not exactly the same as your's. My gifs, when saved off to SD card work only if the BBM recipient requests a higher quality image.

However, if I try to send one to my legacy 9930 or my friend's 9900, the GIFs do not work regardless of what I do. Also when I try to txt my friends the GIF, they don't go through. My friends are using iOS and Android.

Here's the thread describing in detail what I'm experiencing:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...fs-bbm-844138/
    BBM is set to reduce sizes automatically. Try sending with normal text app.

Trusted Member
    09-05-13 06:10 PM
    BBM is set to reduce sizes automatically. Try sending with normal text app.

Trusted Member

Yes, I'm aware that it automatically reduces the sizes. That's why my friends have to request a higher quality image. However, that's not the issue. The issue is that when I try to send specifically to my 9930 and a friend's 9900, the GIFs will not work. They always come through as static pictures. Even after requesting higher quality, they're still just static pictures and not animated GIFs as they should be.

Even still, I was able to click on "Share" and send them via BBM to friends on Z10, and legacy devices before, without having to go through any "request higher quality". But now they have to request in order to see the GIFs.
    09-10-13 08:47 AM
    Same here. This is unacceptable. The only time I can resend a gif is when I receive it from someone else on a Mms. Cannot send one I have downloaded from the net. I love my blackberry but these little issues are adding up and getting annoying

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 10:53 AM
    I had the similar problem. When I would send a gif the other person would get a jpg. Ended up sending the link. Really wish I could have just sent the gif to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 11:29 AM
    I've been trying to do this since February. All my friends sends gifs to me, yet I can't send them back...

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 02:54 PM
    I have the same problem. Very rarely does the gif work when I send it, if ever. Id like to find a way to make it work consistently, because its annoying at this point. I should be able to send a file and have it delivered properly to the recipient.
    05-04-14 12:20 AM