Hi - can anyone recommend an outside provider which is compatible with the Z10? I had all my contacts/calendar etc on gmail, and that didn't sync properly, so moved them all on to my hotmail account. That seemed to work for a short time and now I have found that I have duplicate/triplicate entries - worse, it seems to have deleted some addresses whilst keeping other contacts details. There must be an answer to this, I just don't know what it is! Help!!
    04-14-13 03:49 AM
    04-14-13 03:58 AM
    Duplicate Gmail Contacts appear on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
    Article ID: KB34047

Type: Support Content

Last Modified: 04-10-2013

PrintEmail Document Bookmark
    Product(s) Affected:

BlackBerry 10
    Z10

Search the knowledge base:

Visit BlackBerry Community Support Forums Follow us on Twitter� @BlackBerryHelp Collapse all | Expand all Jump to: Environment | Overview | Cause | Workaround
    Environment

BlackBerry 10 OS
    DT 7037784
    PR 319057

Overview

In some cases users may experience duplicate Gmail Contacts when integrated via CardDAV on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Cause

This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Workaround

To remove and re-add the Gmail Contacts on the smartphone, complete the following:

Remove Gmail Contacts:

Swipe down from the top bezel.
    Select Settings.
    Select Accounts.
    Select Gmail Contacts.
    Select Delete at the bottom.

Re-add Gmail Contacts:

Select Add Account at bottom of the Accounts screen
    Select Advanced.
    Scroll down and select CardDAV.
    Enter the Gmail email address as the Username.
    Type the Gmail email address as the Email Address.
    For Server Address type google.com
    Set the Sync Interval as needed.
    Tap Done.
    04-14-13 05:05 AM
    Yep, done all of that. Then the duplicates start happening again. They get synced back to Gmail and messes everything up. Grr.
    Tracey Delaney likes this.
    04-14-13 06:24 AM
    Use outlook for the time being if you can, i did it last week and so far havent had any of my contacts duplicated or anything. Everything synchs well with my z10 and outlook ie adding a contact on my z10 synchs over to outlook and vice versa.
    Tracey Delaney likes this.
    04-14-13 06:32 AM
    Thanks for that, and I realise that you can't cater for everyone's problems, but as I already said, I gave up on gmail and went to Hotmail and the problem keeps on coming. Perhaps I should manually input them all on to the sim card? I know I won't get any sync-ing to my laptop, but I am so irritated right now, I'd be prepared to make two entries...
    04-14-13 07:52 AM
    Well, I'll give the 'link' thing a go and see how I get on, but I'm not optimistic. Thanks anyway
    04-14-13 07:52 AM
    I moved all my Gmail contacts into outlook and mine are fine now.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:55 AM
    I added all my contacts to my SIM card then deleted gmail and yahoo contacts from phone.... Just kept gmail calendar and its been good ever since.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    04-14-13 08:16 AM
    Tracey,
    yes you will have 3 set of contact 1 for local, 1 for sim and one fro hotmai. You can link them together by going in you contact book tap on 1 then look at the bottom you'll see link tap on it and link them so only one name will appear
    04-14-13 08:17 AM
    This is weird because I have multiple accounts including Gmail and Outlook.com and haven't had an issue with this.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:20 AM