We (my wife and I) have been BB users since the beginning. We really like the way BB works compared to the Android setup. I dislike the Android so much I would rather use WIN8 phone. Good-ol Sprint did not even offer the BB phone this new contract time around. We have been thinking about just purchasing our new phones directly from BB. The thing is the Z30 sells for 499$ and the Z10 sells for 299$. I wanted a Z30 but the price ice seriously high, especially if we get 2 devices. The only difference I can find in the Z10 to the Z30 is the screen size.(4.2 versu 5). I could use some Expert Advise on selecting a good model. We figure it will be many years before we purchase a newer BB phone( If they still exist in the future)and we want to get a good model. So let the advise pour in Please..
    05-08-14 09:35 AM
    I have both the Z10 and Z30. Aside from the screen size, the biggest advantage of the '30 is the battery! I was constantly challenged by the Z10 battery. I'm now getting through the day with the Z30.

The signal is also better with the Z30 (Paratek antenna) than the Z10 in the same location with the same carrier.

I find the Z30 to be a classier looking/feeling device than the Z10.

With an OTG adaper, you can access a flash drive on the Z30.

The Z10 is already a year old.

Some of these may not make a difference to you.

IMHO, if you plan to keep the devices for a few years, I'd go for the Z30.

FYI -- The case selection is not as good for the Z30, but is getting a bit better.
    05-08-14 09:43 AM
    It's all about personal preference. Me personally I love the Z10. It is the perfect size for me. I do not need the extra screen real estate.

Also, the Z10 has not given me any trouble or problems the year and a half I have had it.

The only thing I could see getting the Z30 over the Z10 for would be battery life.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 09:45 AM
    The Z30 just feels classier. It's build quality makes it feel like the premium-priced product it is. Of course, the battery life is a big + point also, but, as has been said, the Z10 does have the option of having removable power, so it could go on for ages, but from experience, you'd need 2 spares to compete with the Z30's battery life (and you can of course buy the MP2100 battery pack anyway if you wanted a Z30 back-up).

Having said all that, I enjoyed the Z10. It's not a 'classy' as the 30, but never did it feel cheap to me. I just got the Z30 as there was a deal on at the time. If I had to shell out many hundreds of ��� for it, I'd have probably happily stuck with the 10.
    05-08-14 09:50 AM
    We (my wife and I) have been BB users since the beginning. We really like the way BB works compared to the Android setup. I dislike the Android so much I would rather use WIN8 phone. Good-ol Sprint did not even offer the BB phone this new contract time around. We have been thinking about just purchasing our new phones directly from BB. The thing is the Z30 sells for 499$ and the Z10 sells for 299$. I wanted a Z30 but the price ice seriously high, especially if we get 2 devices. The only difference I can find in the Z10 to the Z30 is the screen size.(4.2 versu 5). I could use some Expert Advise on selecting a good model. We figure it will be many years before we purchase a newer BB phone( If they still exist in the future)and we want to get a good model. So let the advise pour in Please..
    I have had the Z10 and Z30 in use for several month- my decision: Z30!

these are the pro�s for the Z10 (in comparison to the Z30):
    lightweight,
    smaller and handier,
    sharper and lighter display
    removeable battery.

Pro�s for the Z30 (in comparision to the Z10)
    larger display,
    more intense colors and deeper black,
    more economical display,
    muuuuch better battery life,
    better performance by better CPU/GPU (video, surfing, downloading, etc....)
    much better gaming experience (by better GPU, larger display, impressing sound and better haptic)
    much better typing experience by larger tabs
    muuuuch better sound of speakers (awesome!)
    supports USB/flash drives on-the-go
    better clarity of representations (hub, texting, surfing...)
    better screen size compability to common standards (720x1280px conforms to 1080x1920px),
    much more noble workmanship and look and feel,
    technologic more topical,
    supports radio,
    awesome wallpaperthread by me for the Z30: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hanced-888051/ :-)

I prefer prefer prefer my Z30!!!!
    05-08-14 09:56 AM
    The Z10 is smaller, significantly more inexpensive and has an inferior battery compared to the Z30.
    If you don't mind the size of the Z30 and cost isn't an issue, then it's a no-brainer to go with the Z30
    05-08-14 09:57 AM
    with an extended battery on the z10 you wont have battery problems and doesnt make your phone all that bulky
    05-08-14 09:59 AM
    I had both the z30 and z10. Sold my z30 and opted to stick with this z10. Its my back up phone so i dont need to much battery usage. I prefer the screen display of this z10 over tbe z30. Amoled looks dimmer.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:07 AM
    I prefer the screen display of this z10 over tbe z30. Amoled looks dimmer.

Posted via CB10
    This is true to an extent, but I had to have the brightness so low on my Z10 to stop the battery dying after 5 minutes
    05-08-14 10:15 AM
    This is true to an extent, but I had to have the brightness so low on my Z10 to stop the battery dying after 5 minutes
    Yup. This right here. Switched from the 10 to the 30 and wouldn't look back just on this point of battery life alone. All of the reasons here for one phone or the other are largely on point however. Can't beat the USB OTG of the 30. I am one who prefers the larger screen of the 30 to the 10, but the lightweight and size of the 10 was a nice to have in some situations. Due to the aforementioned battery issues, the screen difference has zero influence on my choice. Never got to take advantage of the 10 on full brightness anyway. Oh and the speakers on the 30 are a wonder to hear - no inkling of competition from the 10 on that front. Super premium build feel on the 30 compared to the 10 as well. And after ALL that? They are both good phones and you should be happy with either!
    05-08-14 10:31 AM
    Me and my wife both got z10 in release day.
    I upgraded to a z30 and wouldn't go back.

She has small hands so she stayed with the z10.

But do a bit or looking in the forums there are a lot of subtle differences between both

Posted on a Post-It!
    05-08-14 10:31 AM
    My next question is, Does anyone know of a safe vendor so I can get a Z30 for less than $499, That is a lot of money to spend ,especially
    for 2 phone at once.
    05-08-14 10:33 AM
    Maybe wait for the new devices and if you don't like them z10 and z30 both will be cheaper...
    05-08-14 10:34 AM
    for definite, I would get the Z30. Most people think its just a bigger screen and battery. So much more then that. USB OTG is just one.
    I have all the BB10 devices, deployed 15 Z10 (loved the battery life on the bold and curve, but not the actual device, guess cant please them all the time, before the upgrade of the fleet) everyone loves them but HATE the battery life. Only thing stopping me using the Q10
    is the screen size for browsing the web which i do alot on the BB now thanks to the new OS.
    If price is your gripe, shop arround, I am sure I saw Z30 for $260 or something on crackberry today.
    Or maybe even the Z3 if it gets rekeased where ever you live?
    Last edited by BergerKing; 05-08-14 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Link removed by moderator. Not a legit site.
    05-08-14 10:51 AM
    If I had a choice right now (meaning if I didn't already have and love my Z10), I'd still go with the Z10 - I prefer the screen size and feel in the hand to the Z30. Z30 has advantages for sure (larger battery, larger screen (not an advantage for me, but for some), paratek antenna, etc.), but as my day-to-day, there's a heck of a lot of bang for your buck on a $200 Z10, and I've never had any issues with it (battery is fine for me now, 12-16 hours regular use - I had the charging bundle to get me through the first 6 months, but no real issues since 10.2.1). I think there's a coupon code (for the Canadian store at least) for $100 off the Z10, Q5 or Q10. Doesn't apply to the Z30.
    Good luck with your endeavour!
    I'm seriously considering picking up the Z10 for my wife, all she does is complain about the 6-hour battery life she gets on her iPhone 4S and how it lags on her constantly. . .but that still might be a tough sell.
    haringfish likes this.
    05-08-14 11:17 AM
    unlocked on ebay is the best bet
    Centerman66 likes this.
    05-08-14 11:25 AM
    Hello, for me it is very simple.
    If you are a power user lots of texting, apps, web browsing, pictures, etc you should buy a Z30. You will need the extra battery live to have no problems all day long.
    If you are a normal user the Z10 will be ok.
    You can see it is all up to you and how you use your phone.

Best Regards
    05-08-14 11:35 AM
    Z30, especially for battery

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Z10 Official 10.2.1
    05-08-14 11:38 AM
    I say.."go big or go home! " z30!

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    05-08-14 11:39 AM
    My next question is, Does anyone know of a safe vendor so I can get a Z30 for less than $499, That is a lot of money to spend ,especially
    for 2 phone at once.
    Are you planning to leave Sprint? If not, you can't use the BlackBerry devices purchased directly from BlackBerry on Sprint. Your choice would be limited to the Q10.
    05-08-14 11:48 AM
    I have a Z10 but recently switched to a 30. Not looking back. I don't find it too big for my hands, thinner than a Z10 as well. Longer battery, louder and clearer speakers, brighter screen. I have to put my brightness down because it is so bright.
    FM radio, USB OTG, wireless charging (on VZW) what's not to like?
    Stwutter and revtech like this.
    05-08-14 11:55 AM
    Crap that totally SUXS ,, I just got off the phone with Sprint they said the only BB phone I can use is the Q10 (which is the only 1 they sell)) This Totally SUXS.
    05-08-14 12:19 PM
    Z30 it's a no brainer. Plus you'll hate the battery life on the z10..

Z10 is already showing it's age..
    05-08-14 12:34 PM
    I upgraded myself from the Z10 (which my wife now owns) to the Z30 because I just couldn't stand it any longer! They're mostly the same w/the following added bonuses on the Z30:

- Larger screen (5" vs. 4.2")
    - Faster processor (arguably not a noticeable difference as Z10 is fast)
    - FM antenna built in (VERY handy for saving on data consumption. I listen to local talk radio & stopped streaming it)
    - USB OTG - Allows you to connect a variety of USB devices, including thumb drives, USB keyboard & mouse, etc.
    - Miricast - Allows you to connect your BB screen to a HDTV (that supports miracast) without using the HDMI cord. Useful for watching movies, browsing, etc. For TV's that don't support miracast, you can buy a receiver that plugs into the HDMI port of the TV to add this capability.
    - Wifi direct - Allows device to device wifi connection without the need of a router. Need a supported device

All in all, the Z30 has some pretty cool advantages over the Z10. I ran a presentation recently off of my Z30 rather than the laptop during a meeting and everyone was IMPRESSED! The Z10 could do it too but only w/the HDMI cable.
    05-08-14 01:04 PM
    Crap that totally SUXS ,, I just got off the phone with Sprint they said the only BB phone I can use is the Q10 (which is the only 1 they sell)) This Totally SUXS.
    If you plan on staying with Sprint, here is a link to their website for the Q10 for $0.00 as an upgrade.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop...abId=dt_phones

Hope this helps - I have a Z10 on VZW (and really wouldn't want to upgrade to the 30 even though I am a heavy user - just keep multiple charging cables with me ) but I also have a 9330 on Sprint and my backup phone. I have been eligible for an upgrade for a while, just haven't had the time to go get the Q!!
    05-08-14 01:21 PM
34 12