View Poll Results: Is your Z10 rebooting randomly? (leave a comment as to how often)

Voters
728. You may not vote on this poll
  • No [Verizon]

43 5.91%
  • No [Non-Verizon, Up-to-date OS (10.0.10.85+)]

276 37.91%
  • No [Non-Verizon, Older OS (less than 10.0.10.85)]

14 1.92%
  • Yes [Verizon]

169 23.21%
  • Yes [Non-Verizon, Up-to-date OS (10.0.10.85+)]

206 28.30%
  • Yes [Non-Verizon, Older OS (less than 10.0.10.85)]

20 2.75%
    Well for the past three nights at 3 my phone has rebooted. This morning it happened at 3am and again at 8am. I am starting to get fed up. Luckily I do not use my phone for the alarm otherwise I would probably sleep in moat days because the phone decided to reboot at that time. So a such as I love this phone and would hate to have to give it up, I cannot justify keeping it when it reboots so much as of late.
    I really hope they release an update to fix the issue very, very soon... Especially for Telus.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    Doesn't the phone keep the alarm time, so even if the phone restarts, the alarm is still saved and will still go off?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 12:56 PM
    Just load the new 10.2.
    Since .2390 hasn't been released to carriers yet, I am going to have to. If I wait for it to be released to carriers, tested by Verizon, and then deployed I might do something rash and switch platforms. It would look bad for me if I switched platforms so soon after telling all my users how good the Z10 was and how we were sticking with BlackBerry.

Normally I wouldn't be so gun shy about leaks, but I'm in the middle of coaching my son's baseball team and a working phone is an absolute must. How did coaches ever live without live animated weather radar and text messaging?

Or format it with phone. And not reload all the crap backup stuff u had in it.
    Yeah I did that after I exchanged my phone. Mine even reboots with no SD card.

Thanks for the info!

Now for the tough decision...load Kris's 10.2 "Alpha" or wait for the "Hybrid".
    06-13-13 01:02 PM
    Since .2390 hasn't been released to carriers yet, I am going to have to. If I wait for it to be released to carriers, tested by Verizon, and then deployed I might do something rash and switch platforms. It would look bad for me if I switched platforms so soon after telling all my users how good the Z10 was and how we were sticking with BlackBerry.

Normally I wouldn't be so gun shy about leaks, but I'm in the middle of coaching my son's baseball team and a working phone is an absolute must. How did coaches ever live without live animated weather radar and text messaging?

Yeah I did that after I exchanged my phone. Mine even reboots with no SD card.

Thanks for the info!

Now for the tough decision...load Kris's 10.2 "Alpha" or wait for the "Hybrid".
    If I was u. I'd prob wait for hybrid party. As it will be same os. Just with android runtime for jelly bean 4.2 installed as well. . Or. Alternatively. Load kris's leak now. And then grab the Android runtime bar and load that with sachibar. U have to load the app world that way anyway. Then bam. U already have the updated hybrid. All done. All those files are available on that thread in ops post

I have been on 10.2 with Kris for a while. And love it. Very fast. And runs great. Many changes.

Posted from my awesome Z10 via cb10. My Channel pin http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    jedwards73 likes this.
    06-13-13 01:19 PM
    Just load the new 10.2. And reboot fixed. Btw. I never said that the earlier releases never could have fixed it. Yes. Some people had some luck with it. Most likely due to just having a diff radio file loaded that worked better with their carrier. But 2390 was the one that actually officially got a fix built in. And subsequent versions.

You're making things up.

Not to mention ignoring the fact that probably somewhere between 95-99% of the people that installed .2354 (either the leaked or official versions which have been released by various carriers now) had their previous self-reboot problem disappear. And that doesn't seem to depend on which radio file they installed.
    06-13-13 02:35 PM
    You're making things up.

Not to mention ignoring the fact that probably somewhere between 95-99% of the people that installed .2354 (either the leaked or official versions which have been released by various carriers now) had their previous self-reboot problem disappear. And that doesn't seem to depend on which radio file they installed.
    Think what u like. This came from my source dev at BlackBerry as well as my own experience. I just wasn't allowed to say till leaks started coming out with versions higher than 2390. So think what u like. I don't care

I also said. That sometimes the reload of a fresh os did fix some. Or did u miss that part.

Posted from my awesome Z10 via cb10. My Channel pin http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    06-13-13 03:06 PM
    Just so u know. It's out now. On leaks anyway. Any version from 2390 and on had this fix built in. And no. Not on 2354 or earlier. Btw. 10.2 is out now too. By leak

If .2006 doesn't contain a reboot fix then why is T mobile specifically stating that it in the improvement section and why did they seem to assure this was THE maintenance release that would address it?

My reboot issue so far has gone away since 6/10 morning.

~STV
    06-13-13 04:16 PM
    Hey dudes, t mobile user here, had stock os two days ago, now have 10.1.0.2006

Never got a reboot before, but today I tried to play a specific podcast as accessed through some kind of audio player loaded through the browser. It reboots every time after 30sec to 1 minute. I have been testing it with the power connected and drawing about 2.4 amps.

The podcast as loaded through its rss feed is working fine. It?s only through the browser that it leads to reboots. Try it and let me know if it happens to you.
    This isn't my site btw! Go here and click the play button on the player:
    http://www.kunstlercast.com
    06-13-13 09:02 PM
    Hey dudes, t mobile user here, had stock os two days ago, now have 10.1.0.2006

Never got a reboot before, but today I tried to play a specific podcast as accessed through some kind of audio player loaded through the browser. It reboots every time after 30sec to 1 minute. I have been testing it with the power connected and drawing about 2.4 amps.

The podcast as loaded through its rss feed is working fine. It?s only through the browser that it leads to reboots. Try it and let me know if it happens to you.
    This isn't my site btw! Go here and click the play button on the player:
    http://www.kunstlercast.com
    This sounds, to me, like a completely different isolated incident all together.

Interesting find! I'd still call Tmo, report it as a reboot issue though it frankly doesn't sound like the random reboots since it follows consistently with a specific action the user, you, performs.

~STV
    06-13-13 10:17 PM
    Wow, the first time I hear a user able to replicate the problem lol. Wonder if your reboot was at all related to the ones being complained about here.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 10:23 PM
    I am happy to report that I have successfully logged over 100 hours with no random reboots!

This is achieved after installing the leaked OS: Z10STL100-3 / 10.1.0.2354

As discussed elsewhere on CB 10.1 includes several other improvements and enhancements. They have improved my Z10 usability and experience.

Why AT&T is not pushing this out to all Z10 users asap is a mystery to me.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 11:53 AM
    Yup my reboots are completely gone after updating to 10.1 o. T-Mobile

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 05:45 PM
    Yup my reboots are completely gone after updating to 10.1 o. T-Mobile

Posted via CB10
    Me 2 lol

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 02:41 PM
987 ... 383940