I live in a border town with the U.S. and travel there often mostly for shopping.
    With roaming activating every time I cross the border I was wondering if it would be worthy just to get a sim card with an American carrier? Now the million dollar question is which one?
    I don't want a plan because I'm not there all the time, so I was wondering about a prepay or pay as you go. Has anyone done this?

I'm currently with Telus and got an unlock code so I'm free from the chains of my carrier... XD

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nelsonpml; 04-09-13 at 04:07 PM.
    04-09-13 02:42 PM
    how do you use your phone? lots of calls or data and texts?
    04-09-13 02:49 PM
    It would be helpful if you narrowed down where you are located a bit more. Reception near the Michigan border will probably be different than reception near the border with Washington State.
    04-09-13 02:50 PM
    I unlocked my 9900 and all my families also. I just went with AT&T it was easy and pay as you go was convenient. We use the phones in Florida and when we go over to Michigan as we live very close to there. I am planning to unlock the Z10 and get a sim for it and transfer my US number over to it. IMHO it is well worth it considering what we get dinged with for roaming etc from Canadian carriers.
    04-09-13 03:37 PM
    I rarely use voice on my phone. It's mostly text and data...I would say more data than anything.

I'm on the border with Michigan, Sarnia-Pt.Huron.

If I stay close to the bridge I can fool the phone and doesn't do roaming but a few blocks away usually turns to AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:56 PM
    Look into the $30 prepay with the t mobile. Unlimited text and data with 100 minutes. Best deal in town if you will get good enough coverage
    04-09-13 04:01 PM