I'm wishing to participate in this discussion (without all the insults, name-calling and one-up comments please) but I also don't see any fall for Samsung anytime soon. You are basing the decrease of Samsung smartphones on the fact that they have introduced nothing new (actually they have introduced many new software and hardware features but likely you deem those as not new enough). I'm in marketing and I can tell you that you are not factoring in the one main component to longevity of any product.

Brand Recognition.

It is the thing that has propelled Apple to take the lead (also the thing that kept Blackberry going during the past two years) and the thing that will likely further enhance Samsung's position. People stick with what they know (no question that some people will leave for other new products and switch platforms) but given the huge Samsung brand recognition it is unlikely we will see an exodus away. Samsung is following a similar strategy to Apple by evolving their flagship phone with incremental innovative new features. The iPhone 5(s)/6 will do the same. A bump on specs, some new software features etc and bingo it will sell like crazy. So too will the GS4.
    Blackberry also has a valuable brand, as many associate their brand with security and efficiency, which I think will push them past WinPhone. Microsoft has been struggling to obtain that brand recognition in the mobile space in part because they are simply known for the desktop software and not their mobile products. The lack the halo effect that Samsung and Apple have obtained.

In the short term that battle for brand recognition is what will drive product innovation and we all win, Samsung fans and Blackberry fans alike. Let's hope neither company "falls".
    Agreed, I did not factor in the marketing and brand recognition, but from the very beginning I have maintained that it is what I feel and not what I am predicting. and being a BlackBerry fan boy I am supposed to be a bit biased towards BlackBerry, no ;-)? Also I never said that Samsung will not sell, but that there may be a decrease in the market share of Samsung due to the innovative BlackBerry 10 os. Anyways, I totally agree with what ur saying, and gs4 is definitely gonna sell hot, And I have never refuted this fact. But BlackBerry as it is now with the fresh approach is also slated to rise. And even I don't want any of these companies to 'fall' as that will surely put a brake on innovation.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:09 AM
    The Samsung product is an excellent quality device. I will not deny that. The other major competitor (I don't want to mention the name), is by far not as good a quality product from a hardware point of view. It is made as low cost as possible for the greatest profit margin.

There are some major advantages of the Blackberry product over the rest. The first is security, then there is the personalized support that is available. The Blackberry product is well engineered, and the best possible quality components and construction is employed. The Blackberry phone is Canadian designed and it is not built using low cost slave labor services.

Android and the others do offer many more available software, but something like 95% of this is not really useful. The other major issue with open source programs and open source operating systems is the risk for ID and information theft.

As long as Blackberry is around I will be sticking with them for my phones and tablets.
    03-17-13 10:16 AM
    There's a white AT&T compatible Z10 on Expansys right now.
    Yup...nearly 700 bucks.
    03-17-13 10:28 AM
    Agreed, I did not factor in the marketing and brand recognition, but from the very beginning I have maintained that it is what I feel and not what I am predicting. and being a BlackBerry fan boy I am supposed to be a bit biased towards BlackBerry, no ;-)? Also I never said that Samsung will not sell, but that there may be a decrease in the market share of Samsung due to the innovative BlackBerry 10 os. Anyways, I totally agree with what ur saying, and gs4 is definitely gonna sell hot, And I have never refuted this fact. But BlackBerry as it is now with the fresh approach is also slated to rise. And even I don't want any of these companies to 'fall' as that will surely put a brake on innovation.

Posted via CB10
    Here is my prediction: Blackberry will be the 3rd major platform. The Z10 line of phones will do the same thing for Blackberry that the Galaxy line has done for Samsung. The other smartphone makers (android, winphone) will struggle and continue to battle for market share. I give it 2 years before we see a 3 horse race with Blackberry hot on the heals of both Apple and Sammy
    Amit Oberoi likes this.
    03-17-13 10:30 AM
    Here is my prediction: Blackberry will be the 3rd major platform. The Z10 line of phones will do the same thing for Blackberry that the Galaxy line has done for Samsung. The other smartphone makers (android, winphone) will struggle and continue to battle for market share. I give it 2 years before we see a 3 horse race with Blackberry hot on the heals of both Apple and Sammy
    Exactly, this is what I feel and wanted to say that BlackBerry will grow.
    Thanks man.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:36 AM
    Btw s4 has also a work and private option ...thiefs

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
    I wonder how that works if IT doesn't support Android. I suppose it is the same for BlackBerry if IT doesn't support BB10. Still a better chance right now that BlackBerry is supported.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:42 AM
    I'm wishing to participate in this discussion (without all the insults, name-calling and one-up comments please) but I also don't see any fall for Samsung anytime soon. You are basing the decrease of Samsung smartphones on the fact that they have introduced nothing new (actually they have introduced many new software and hardware features but likely you deem those as not new enough). I'm in marketing and I can tell you that you are not factoring in the one main component to longevity of any product.

Brand Recognition.

It is the thing that has propelled Apple to take the lead (also the thing that kept Blackberry going during the past two years) and the thing that will likely further enhance Samsung's position. People stick with what they know (no question that some people will leave for other new products and switch platforms) but given the huge Samsung brand recognition it is unlikely we will see an exodus away. Samsung is following a similar strategy to Apple by evolving their flagship phone with incremental innovative new features. The iPhone 5(s)/6 will do the same. A bump on specs, some new software features etc and bingo it will sell like crazy. So too will the GS4.
    Blackberry also has a valuable brand, as many associate their brand with security and efficiency, which I think will push them past WinPhone. Microsoft has been struggling to obtain that brand recognition in the mobile space in part because they are simply known for the desktop software and not their mobile products. The lack the halo effect that Samsung and Apple have obtained.

In the short term that battle for brand recognition is what will drive product innovation and we all win, Samsung fans and Blackberry fans alike. Let's hope neither company "falls".
    Amit finds this hard to understand. He feels Samsung hasn't introduced "anything new". Tried as hard as I could to help him understand. All good. Thanks for input
    03-17-13 11:16 AM
    Nothing against the S-series phones, but I don't like the plasticky whitish look and particularly not how it feels holding that. I don't like the texture, because it makes it feel cheap to me.
    That is the reason why when I got my 9810, that came with that awful feeling and looking battery door, I immediately ordered a 9800 battery door and swapped it out.
    I totally hated the feel of that. It also completely disturbed the look of the phone. It looked like that door did not belong on that phone at all. Althoug it did have a cross hatched texture to it, it still felt weird.
    I held other phones similar to the S3 and S4 and they felt even worse in my hand.
    I could not get happy with a phone like that just for the feel of it, no matter how good it is. The battery door of the 9800 made the 9810 feel like a completely different phone. My hands tend to get sweaty easily, that's perhaps why I don't like the cheap feeling plastic backs.
    03-17-13 11:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    I thought I would chime in. I agree that we are now about to witness the decline in popularity for Samsung. It comes down to the consumer and when you walk into a store and you see the new GS4, it will be beside phones that look and feel nicer and have the same Android OS. You will also see the iPhone, BlackBerry, WP8.

The iPhone 5 looked too much like the same old thing and Samsung benefitted. Now it is Samsung's turn to repeat that mistake. BlackBerry lost its consumer appeal for a similar reason: picture a consumer walking into a store and seeing the same old BlackBerry beside an iPhone or GS2. Samsung is trying to be Apple, but that just will never happen again in this industry.

Posted via CB10
    Amit Oberoi likes this.
    03-17-13 11:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    lol You were telling me that after S4 launch "samsung was on the fall" but you forgot to factor in MARKETING AND BRAND RECOGNITION. SMH That's maybe why you find it hard to understand why your rants don't make sense.
    03-17-13 11:22 AM
    I would love to try borrow s4 but would rather not pay for it or keep it. I prefer iPhone or z10 or Sony z

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 11:29 AM
    lol You were telling me that after S4 launch "samsung was on the fall" but you forgot to factor in MARKETING AND BRAND RECOGNITION. SMH That's maybe why you find it hard to understand why your rants don't make sense.
    Loll Man u really really gotta have the last word don't u. Once again u have shown the heights of ur understanding and taken the first sentence of my post and started attacking and very conveniently ignored the rest of the post.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 11:33 AM
    I thought I would chime in. I agree that we are now about to witness the decline in popularity for Samsung. It comes down to the consumer and when you walk into a store and you see the new GS4, it will be beside phones that look and feel nicer and have the same Android OS. You will also see the iPhone, BlackBerry, WP8.

The iPhone 5 looked too much like the same old thing and Samsung benefitted. Now it is Samsung's turn to repeat that mistake. BlackBerry lost its consumer appeal for a similar reason: picture a consumer walking into a store and seeing the same old BlackBerry beside an iPhone or GS2. Samsung is trying to be Apple, but that just will never happen again in this industry.

Posted via CB10
    First off thanks for your input. You stated "BlackBerry lost its consumer appeal for a similar reason". This is not true. Blackberry came out with not a single phone for about 2 years. Samsung has been releasing premium and relevant devices that have been selling very well. Saying the GS4 " will be beside phones that look and feel nicer and have the same Android OS." is all opinion is all based on preference. It's funny. When people say the Z10 looks like a iphone or droid x replica you get "the os is the only thing that matters". "And a slab will be a slab". But for some reason when it comes to the S4 people in this thread tend to feel do to it being "plastic" and "too big" it will lead to decline in sales. Even though the S3 has sold in droves. Only time will tell
    03-17-13 11:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    True. This us what I have been saying but some ppl just don't wanna understand.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 11:41 AM
    Loll Man u really really gotta have the last word don't u. Once again u have shown the heights of ur understanding and taken the first sentence of my post and started attacking and very conveniently ignored the rest of the post.

Posted via CB10
    I want to get the last word?? You mean when you said "You don't want to talk today" after you sent me a reply...but yet here you are. The rest of the post you said NOTHING. You said since you "and being a BlackBerry fan boy I am supposed to be a bit biased towards BlackBerry". Answer is NO. Not when you trying to justify a fall of a company and having a discussion. That is the rest of your post I ignored. My heights of understanding is when you talk about a fall of a company the person with the pointless rants at least figured in little things like marketing and brand recognition lol
    03-17-13 11:45 AM
    I believe there comes a point where a thread has run its course and the best thing to do us to put it out of its misery.

I wonder if we're there yet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    03-17-13 11:52 AM
    I believe there comes a point where a thread has run its course and the best thing to do us to put it out of its misery.

I wonder if the mods can just close this thread down as its already run its course. Its time we just close it down as its already on page 15 & all i see is arguments & users bashing others.
    03-17-13 11:55 AM

I think we are definitively there.....
    03-17-13 11:56 AM
    An obsticle to a sucessful BB Z10 launch in the US
    Last edited by toujours_frais; 03-17-13 at 12:13 PM.
    03-17-13 12:01 PM
    Works for me! Thread closed!
    Amit Oberoi likes this.
    03-17-13 12:26 PM
370 ... 131415