With my Torch, I can make a telephone call hands free without an internet connection, using my Bluetooth headset. Can the Z10 (or other BB10 devices) do this?

Also, is the resynch with Outlook as transparent and complete as it is with the Torch?
    07-28-14 03:57 PM
    No, you don't need an internet connection to make phone calls.

All BB10 phones have blue tooth.

CDN
    07-28-14 05:08 PM
    With my Torch, I can make a telephone call hands free without an internet connection, using my Bluetooth headset. Can the Z10 (or other BB10 devices) do this?

Also, is the resynch with Outlook as transparent and complete as it is with the Torch?
    Perhaps you should take a basic 101 course on current technologies.

Bluetooth hands-free compatible phones have been around since the early 2000's. Doesn't require access to an internet connection to work either. The Z10 would walk circles around a old Torch any day of the week.

**Look! It's Zedzilla!**
    Sean Fanelli likes this.
    07-28-14 06:23 PM
    Perhaps you should take a basic 101 course on current technologies.
    Perhaps you should take a basic course in manners, followed by a course in reading comprehension, then do more research on the subject.

I know from personal experience that the Samsung S-4's voice control uses online software to translate voice commands. This didn't particularly surprise me, since I know how much computer power is required to perform speech translation. What appalled me is that they did not have a limited on-board capability to handle telephone functions.

As a result, the S-4 is useless in many rural environments, and the time lag on those rare occasions that it does work are extremely annoying. Some of my research suggests that BB!0 technology may share the same weakness.

You obviously assume thatinternet access is universal. It is not. In the course of my day, I often travel into areas where phone service is available, but the internet is not. The difference can be as simple as walking into a building or which side of a mesa that the road goes on. As a result, I need standalone capability.

I know from my research that BB!0 initially dropped the ball by not including a standalone capability to synchronize with Outlook, and that their support for that ability has been lukewarm at best. What I don't know is the current status of that effort.
    07-28-14 08:42 PM

No issues with Outlook resync, for both consumer and EAS accounts, but I only sync email and contacts for those accounts. Came from a 9810.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-28-14 08:53 PM
    Perhaps you should take a basic course in manners, followed by a course in reading comprehension, then do more research on the subject.
    Upon reading my post a second time I did come across quite douchie......my bad!

No need to get your panties in a bunch over it however. You didn't like what I said, ignore me! It obviously wasn't valued information for you so what's the point of firing back?

Anyway, lots of great folks on here willing to give you a hand and help out, so I hope you find the answers to your questions.

Cheers,

**Look! It's Zedzilla!**
    der_mit likes this.
    07-28-14 09:33 PM

I don't know if you can edit your initial message with only 7 posts but if you can, you can edit it and explain as you do further down what you intended. Which is whether Voice Commands work directly on the phone or if they must be processed using data and a data connection. Explaining that there are times and places where the phone is available but data is unavailable. I don't use the function so really don't know.
    07-28-14 09:53 PM
    In BB10, voice dialing works without internet connectivity. If you choose "Full Voice Recognition," it will not. Choose the "Voice Dialing Only" option under "Voice Control" and you will be able to dial handsfree without an internet connection.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-14 10:14 AM
    Phughes and deltact,

Thank you for the useful information. I appreciate it.
    08-11-14 06:57 PM