So being broke as ****, but wanting the new Blackberry, I've been entering contest to high heaven to win this phone. I was really super duper intimidated by the entries on CB past contest for the Storm, so I didn't think I'd enter it. I had the most genius idea last night, and I submitted it before I could change my mind and hit delete. Clearly, I can't say what it is I submitted yet, but how fun is it that Blackberry is creating devices again that make folks so super happy and want to do fun and silly things. I've come a long way from being excited about getting a Palm Treo. lol

So like the z10, what are some past phones you've been just as excited for and why? What feature did they have at the time? Anything you wish the z10 will do that have been lost since the days of Sanyo flip phones? LOL I thought this would be a fun way to reminisce and also reflect on how far we've come with phones. For instance, a feature I miss from my first phone [a Nokia] is the battery life. I remember being 17 and not having to charge that sucker for 3 days it seemed like lol. Come, share your thoughts. Let's have fun!
    01-10-13 12:16 PM
    I'm off to Panama tomorrow... I've already submitted a bunch of ideas that will be crazy... hopefully crazy enough to win. Since I won't be contactable while down there, I will be doing videos and pics all week long and I will check my inbox when I get home next week (the 18th) and if I get the go to submit, I will gladly submit!

I was extremely giddy and excited about the PlayBook when it came out. And TBH, this is the first phone that I've been completely crazy for. All the other BB's I've had, was a lot more nonchalant about. read the reviews and go in. The BB10 Z10 that I have played with already, has me wanting it more and more every second that passes!!
    01-10-13 12:30 PM
    So like the z10, what are some past phones you've been just as excited for and why? What feature did they have at the time? Anything you wish the z10 will do that have been lost since the days of Sanyo flip phones?
    I'd have to say that I did love my Sidekick in the days before my transition to BlackBerry. That was the first phone I owned that had any "smartphone" features. I was also so excited to get my BB 8320 with Wi-Fi calling capability. Being on an unlimited data plan but with limited minutes, this feature was intriguing and a money-saver for me. Turned out that the call quality and reliability was mediocre at best but I was certainly excited before I got it. LOL Come on BB10!! I am ready to be wowwed again!
    01-10-13 12:39 PM
    I'd have to say that I did love my Sidekick in the days before my transition to BlackBerry. That was the first phone I owned that had any "smartphone" features. I was also so excited to get my BB 8320 with Wi-Fi calling capability. Being on an unlimited data plan but with limited minutes, this feature was intriguing and a money-saver for me. Turned out that the call quality and reliability was mediocre at best but I was certainly excited before I got it. LOL Come on BB10!! I am ready to be wowwed again!
    OMG! I remember wanting a sidekick!!!!!!!! LOL I thought those things were so damn fancy! That flip screen is iconic and a part of pop culture. The latest sidekick they dropped was really nice actually. Ever since my Treo, I've had to have Touch Screen on my phone. I was so ahead of my time. Who knew it would get this far tech wise? The Z-10 has done some amazing things on paper. Ready for the next step.
    01-10-13 01:06 PM
    I'm off to Panama tomorrow... I've already submitted a bunch of ideas that will be crazy... hopefully crazy enough to win. Since I won't be contactable while down there, I will be doing videos and pics all week long and I will check my inbox when I get home next week (the 18th) and if I get the go to submit, I will gladly submit!

Well don't you have to receive the call as part of the win? Will you be able to do that out of the country? Either way...GOOD LUCK!

I was extremely giddy and excited about the PlayBook when it came out. And TBH, this is the first phone that I've been completely crazy for. All the other BB's I've had, was a lot more nonchalant about. read the reviews and go in. The BB10 Z10 that I have played with already, has me wanting it more and more every second that passes!!

I was excited about the 9900 when it came out, because I had a great experience with my Tour, and wanted an awesome upgrade. The Playbook, you would've sworn I was a RIM rep. I was going on and on and on about it! LOL The Z-10 is in another realm though. Can't wait to have a phone that is on par with what'son the market. We, and RIM, deserve that.
    01-10-13 01:13 PM
    last phone i was this excited for was the ericsson T29

A Fun Post Amongst All The Seriousness And Trolling-pic2.jpg

possibly the sexiest phone i ever owned

They dont make them like they used to
    01-10-13 04:41 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic2.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	130874

That's beautiful...
    01-10-13 05:10 PM
    That's beautiful...
    haha the T29 was my third phone i ever owned, and the first one i paid for outright by myself. since then phones have just been tools.

i think the 9810 could have got me excited, but the knowledge of bb10 around the corner blunted it a lot
    01-10-13 05:31 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic2.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	130874

You could use that to protect yourself at night too, huh? LOL I like the black one...lol
    01-10-13 06:34 PM
    You could use that to protect yourself at night too, huh? LOL I like the black one...lol
    hey that thing was slim at the time! could make calls no matter what hand you hold it in! thats better then some smart phones today!
    01-10-13 06:40 PM
    hey that thing was slim at the time! could make calls no matter what hand you hold it in! thats better then some smart phones today!
    Ugh. *looks at my 9930* That was an acknowledge flaw with Sprint. You couldn't tilt the phone a certain way...or you'd break up reception wise. Hopefully this phone won't have that problem.
    01-10-13 07:37 PM
    Ugh. *looks at my 9930* That was an acknowledge flaw with Sprint. You couldn't tilt the phone a certain way...or you'd break up reception wise. Hopefully this phone won't have that problem.
    they seem to be testing more extensively.
    i know the carrier testing is standard, but i hear they are testing with businesses as well which should provide more thorough feedback

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-11-13 06:00 AM
    they seem to be testing more extensively.
    i know the carrier testing is standard, but i hear they are testing with businesses as well which should provide more thorough feedback

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    So do you think they will release later than the other carriers?
    01-11-13 01:09 PM