Familiar story, but I couldn't resist.

He said, "I heard it was delayed again in the US.". "I heard its really buggy." "I heard its not very good."

Of course I countered with the early sellouts, positive feedback, launch in several new countries and that I used one last week and thought it was great.

I'm guessing there hasn't been any training yet, so we may still be many weeks away here it the US (I hope not... I don't know how early training is typically rolled out). As most of you know, they sell for most of the major carriers there (e.g. AT&T, VZW, etc).

Just an fyi... I'm really hopefully the US launch is accompanied by strong training and equiping the sales people with a compelling value propsition (and that we don't have to wait too much longer).
    02-24-13 11:14 AM
    You should actually alert Best Buy USA to this along with the sales rep name or what they look like. Best Buy and other companies are always interested in what their employees say about the products or future products they carry.

It's funny though I have a friend who works for EMC and if they have been known to sue their own employees for bad mouthing them in public. I doubt Best Buy would do that but certainly they would send a memo out telling everyone to cut it out or risk being canned.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-24-13 11:20 AM
    Familiar story, but I couldn't resist.

He said, "I heard it was delayed again in the US.". "I heard its really buggy." "I heard its not very good."

Of course I countered with the early sellouts, positive feedback, launch in several new countries and that I used one last week and thought it was great.

I'm guessing there hasn't been any training yet, so we may still be many weeks away here it the US (I hope not... I don't know how early training is typically rolled out). As most of you know, they sell for most of the major carriers there (e.g. AT&T, VZW, etc).

Just an fyi... I'm really hopefully the US launch is accompanied by strong training and equiping the sales people with a compelling value propsition (and that we don't have to wait too much longer).
    Agreed. BlackBerry should provide very strong training. Maybe they should hold BlackBerry 10 Conferences for sales-reps/store-staff.

All smartphone sales-rep get to attend for free, [U]get to play with device through out the day[/U, while somebody demo's different features at different times through out the day. At the end of the day, they get some sort of quiz and some sort of certificate of attendance or something.

Do this in say, 30-40 major cities, simultaneously. Let each store (BestBuy, Carrier Stores) know that they can send upto 2-3 reps to the event/conference. If there are 125 medium to big-sized stores in the city (incl big stores), that should easily get you ~500 sales-rep in attendance.

BlackBerry is already doing this for enterprise folks. I attended BlackBerry Experience Forum in Toronto (on Feb 5th). There was a huge attendance. Probably over 500 people were in attendance. They should do this for Sales/Store-Staff with content of presentation geared towards "how cool the phone is", "what you can do with this", "how productive it is", "how to setup a new customer's device" (with email, phone etc.), how to teach basic gestures to new customers.

I bet after attending 1 day event and playing with the device throughout the day, when the staff goes back and picks-up their iOS or Android device, they'd be trying to use gestures on those devices and getting frustrated that they've to press stupid buttons! lol
    spike12 likes this.
    02-24-13 11:22 AM
    It is a bit disheartening to see how negative the a prioris are against BlackBerry when everything about Apple products (less and less it should be noted) is positive.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 12:53 PM
    I find this hilarious, as an employee of best buy, I know blackberry does not have a huge presence in my store. Being one of two people who still carry a blackberry in my store, I kind of became the unofficial "expert," to the point where our mobile reps hunt me down if someone ever mentions the word blackberry.
    02-24-13 01:30 PM
    Best Buy is a joke. Most of the people who work there know nothing and live in their mom's basement. Seriously, never talk to anyone there.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 02:04 PM