I was in NY so I dropped in to the main apple store. One of the sales people noticed I had a BlackBerry z10. So we started chatting a bit. He was really snobby and didn't even want to look at the Z10 (that could be a store policy) so I decided to have some fun. Handling the iphone, I asked him for some help with something I couldn't figure out. Told him that I teach every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 2pm, and asked him to show me how to schedule that repeating 3-day event on my calendar. He went to do it, but soon found out that there is no way to specify days on a recurring event! (only work around on the device is to schedule three separate recurring events, one for each weekday) Of course I knew that, but it was fun to see him stammering about it, saying that it will likely be added in an update - to which I pointed out that this was a 5th generation device over 6 years and the feature has always been on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    sirk25, djmm2, pttptppt and 85 others like this.
    05-28-13 09:59 AM
    Well done sir!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:01 AM
    Nicely done!
    05-28-13 10:02 AM
    That was not nice! (But i love it, LOL)
    diegonei likes this.
    05-28-13 10:04 AM
    I was in NY so I dropped in to the main apple store. One of the sales people noticed I had a BlackBerry z10. So we started chatting a bit. He was really snobby and didn't even want to look at the Z10 (that could be a store policy) so I decided to have some fun. Handling the iphone, I asked him for some help with something I couldn't figure out. Told him that I teach every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 2pm, and asked him to show me how to schedule that repeating 3-day event on my calendar. He went to do it, but soon found out that there is no way to specify days on a recurring event! (only work around on the device is to schedule three separate recurring events, one for each weekday) Of course I knew that, but it was fun to see him stammering about it, saying that it will likely be added in an update - to which I pointed out that this was a 5th generation device over 6 years and the feature has always been on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    You could have had so much more fun than just calendar entry. Why just stop the trolling there? What about the timeshift camera, the gaming experience/graphics, HDMI out, social media integration into contacts, etc. I do something similar with my Iphone friends when they try to get on their high horse. It is amazing how many of them are genuinely interested in the Z10 and are willing to openly admit it.
    05-28-13 10:06 AM
    You're a sneaky devil, HB.

Oh, and kudos on the routers, y'all make great products.
    LOL! Standard BlackBerry fanboy response given by an Apple employee, love it!
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    Lol trolling. Almost as good as the guy who loaded up the BlackBerry experience website on all the Macbooks in the store.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-28-13 10:07 AM
    Touch�. Like all devices, iPhones have limits.
    Djlatino likes this.
    05-28-13 10:08 AM
    That was trolling at it's finest. lol. i have nothing against iPhone or whatever, but I can't stand phone snobs. Everybody always wants to believe theirs is the best. good job OP.
    05-28-13 10:13 AM
    I can only imagine that HALF the fun was hitting the arrogance that came spewing ahead of time from this ipro. I love it when a plan comes together.

I must say, I went into an apple store once, with my niece around XMAS... She was looking at ipods, or whatever those music players are. The snootiness was just oozing from every corner....it was a turn-off for me, personally. But, at that moment, it wasn't about me, it was about what she wanted, so, I just observed and laughed at it all (inside).

istore or not, niece smiling and happy = success and fun.... lol
    05-28-13 10:24 AM
    I really didn't go in there to troll, I was just annoyed by his snobbiness, like why would I buy a BlackBerry when there as an iphone? All of my kids use iphones.

On another note, while I was there I tried to show one of my iphone sons the z10 but he wasn't interested in looking. You know how kids (he's 25) won't listen to anything their parents have to say? one night he tells me that a good friend of his showed him his Z10 , and he was so impressed that he said he would choose it over an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:31 AM
    Ya, but you can't Instagram your teaching sessions I swear, people keep going on and on about apps, apps, apps on ios and android and I ask which ones??? Everything is impractical. I got an iPad 4 (reward from work...would never pay that price for a tablet) and I struggle to find things to do with it. I find I just download a bunch of free games just so I can use it. Docs to Go on apple is $10!! Standard (free) on BlackBerry. All the iPad is is a device designed to waste your time and when you are done...you didn't really get anything out of it.
    05-28-13 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Check and Mate!

That deserves a BOO - YAH!!!!!!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    sidds18, Enyigma and Bobcat665 like this.
    05-28-13 10:34 AM
    Lucky he didn't say look a 31 day email on my iPhone. How come bbry 10 can't even do what every other smartphone in then world can do. You were lucky you dealt with the typical apple store *****. Most techies would make us z10 owners run away in shame

Posted via CB10
    rupam95 and Berry_Pink like this.
    05-28-13 10:36 AM
    Lol trolling. Almost as good as the guy who loaded up the BlackBerry experience website on all the Macbooks in the store.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Oh wow! I would have lots to see that in person. Guy cones in like a ninja and changes all the screens in an apple store! SICK!

sidds18 likes this.
    05-28-13 10:37 AM
    Lucky he didn't say look a 31 day email on my iPhone. How come bbry 10 can't even do what every other smartphone in then world can do. You were lucky you dealt with the typical apple store *****. Most techies would make us z10 owners run away in shame

Posted via CB10
    Fun at an Apple store-img_00000221.png

What are you saying?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:39 AM
    But is netflix available on BB10 yet or is there a Blackberry store to walk into for random reboot troubleshooting?

There have to be more constructive ways to spend one's time.
    Residing, 21stNow and Etios like this.
    05-28-13 10:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Guess you haven't taken an update as of late. 30 day email isn't an issue an of OS10.1.

05-28-13 10:41 AM
    Touch. Dammit it says touch e but when I post just says touch.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:43 AM

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Whaaat? Lol that's amazing! I can certainly do this when I leave the hospital later today and stop by Toronto's busiest Apple store!

Lol what's the Web address to do this?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:45 AM
    Touch. Dammit it says touch e but when I post just says touch.

Posted via CB10
    Did you see post #9 above? On the Z10, you can long press the e and slide over to the � while it is displayed.
    revtech and Bobcat665 like this.
    05-28-13 10:45 AM
    Brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:55 AM
    Every so often, I read posts here in the forum about someone who whips out their Z10, only to be harassed by an iPhone user; name calling, ridicule, and sometimes threats. I’ve always chalked these up to fantasy. Fiction. I haven’t been able to bring myself to believe that any iPhone user would even bother to raise an eyebrow, let alone criticize another only for their phone choice. It just makes no sense.

In fact, I called BS on such a post just yesterday.

But now, reading OP’s post, I realize that perhaps I was mistaken. It seems (assuming OP’s story is real) that there are “cell phone bullies”, who have nothing better to do than to criticize others for their choice of cell phone. Which is sad, considering that one of the most reasoned, unbiased threads I’ve read here in a long time, concerning which is the “best phone”, generated a flurry of responses, a surprising number of which leaned towards “there is no best phone, only what’s best for a particular individual”. That thread is here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-today-811456/

But I digress…the point is, I’ve been proven wrong. There are cell phone bullies. And they come in all stripes, it seems. But I’m left with some questions, which perhaps OP can help out with.

1. What was the point? Why bother? I have to imagine the iPhone employee who was subject to this “lesson” is there for a paycheck…nothing more. Do you imagine he’s now curled up in the fetal position, rocking back and forth and wondering why the “bad man was so mean to his phone”? Is it hoped that he’s now working at Apple, wearing his Apple t-shirt and his Apple nametag, but pushing Blackberry? What was the endgame here?
    2. What’s gone wrong that you find yourself in NYC, and the best activity you can think of is to wander in to a cell phone store and stir up trouble? Do you not have cable? Was there some sort of quarantine in effect? Do you suffer from some mobility limitations?
    3. Do you recognize the possibility that somewhere, there’s an Apple employee posting on an Apple forum about this experience he had with a Blackberry user? Do you suppose that he’s getting responses like “yeah…BB users are so arrogant and full of themselves”? Would they be right?
    4. And finally, how is it there are so many posters here that actually thought that this act was somehow clever?

Please help answer some of these questions; clearly I’m missing something.
    05-28-13 11:01 AM
    LOL nice one OP
    05-28-13 11:05 AM
35 12