Yea, these posts were really helpful. Makes one really want to to reach out for help....

"Yeah, your friend doesn't know how to use it, get a new friend."

"quite complaining and use the phone for more than 15 minutes. most of your complaints are baseless"

"People are intimidated and even offended when presented with new things that don't readily fit into what they are familiar with. That's why grandparents are always so bitter at them darn whippersnappers and their fancy new 'gadgets', and will quickly latch on to whatever shortcommings they initially perceive to defend their disregard for the 'new', regardless of how minor they are relative to the advantages/utility."

"I came, I read, I left. And forgot I was ever here. "

"Overall too picky in what he wants and thinks he can find it in one of the big three. Good luck, may have icons but freezes, may have email, but no hub. Will never get it all. The email icons could probably be saved on the home screen if he wanted to but who wants a junky hit icon to jump in jump out setup.

Tell him to sell it and get some pieced together android os"
    Now that 'get a new friend' comment, I literally laughed out loud at that. I would be willing to bet that was a joke.

Again, I don't believe that the poster was looking for help for his friend, his friend is trashing the phone, complaining about things that have been fixed, and while we've all read various people that have had these various problems, I for one have never read anyone that had all those problems. So yes, I think people were giving their opinion, which is what the op asked. He even thanked people for the input. I bet after reading all this, he probably feels a little better about his purchase since he now knows that most people do not have the all or even any of the problems his friend is claiming to have.

My opinion? I bet his friend didn't have all these problems. I bet he came to a site like this, saw all the complaints in the threads and just assumed he would have them all. Just like someone reading the side effects of a medicine and assuming they will experience all those side effects.

You and I obviously see the tone of this thread differently. One of us is wrong. I read this as a lighthearted thread where the op was wondering if others had the same experience as his friend and read some humorous responses, and others gave honest opinions. Lighthearted and informative until someone showed up calling everyone jerks. That's how I read it. Hope I was the right one here.

Posted via CB10
    mediadavid and laketrout73 like this.
    07-22-13 01:30 AM
    you were...
    bradu1 likes this.
    07-22-13 07:20 AM
    My first suggestion would be to switch carriers...

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    Most people are more likely to switch devices before they switch carriers. In some areas coverage maybe just fine with which ever carrier you want to choose - even T-Mobile and Sprint. For me Verizon is the ONLY carrier that has pretty much full coverage - and the only one that works at my home.

As to the OP's comment...

Software update will help. I can see that with several updates under our belt that BB10 will be a very solid platform.

But I will agree about the HUB. Would like to see maybe a time out built into it that defaults back to the top level after a period of time.

If I open an email or facebook and go to another app and forget about what I had opened. But go back an hour later, it takes time and too may "steps" to find the newest message I've received.

Never mind the fact that, I seem to miss more notifications now. If I go away from my desk and come back in fifteen minutes... I might miss a notification, and my red light has stopped blinking. And it seems that if you ignore one notification, you don't get anymore....
    07-22-13 07:51 AM
    Verizon will not release the latest BB update.

Because really, that's all I could read.
    07-22-13 08:19 AM
    Your friend also posted this as a review on the verizon website - he must be really proud of it...

5 hour battery life - maybe if he's playing angry birds all day. Everyone likes to exaggerate their experience (good or bad). Most people I know are happy with the phone.

I do miss the custom email notifications, but i certainly wouldn't get rid of my phone over it.
    Last edited by tmf06; 07-22-13 at 09:50 AM.
    07-22-13 08:32 AM
55 123