Had mine for over 30 days, and returned it back to my IT department.... Just wasn't there yet. As a matter of fact, our IT department is not going to offer the Z10(I am in IT and was testing the Device), which is funny because we have components in the phone. We might however offer the Q10, but I will not be testing that devices

Oh well
    04-11-13 02:56 PM
    He returned his Z10 because he said it was too complicated and he couldn't figure it out.
    wow, is he 80 year old or something ? young people are usually quick to learn new technology.
    04-11-13 02:57 PM
    The z10 is not dumbed down enough for the technology illiterate I guess.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-11-13 02:57 PM
    Hmmmm, I'm 47 and have never owned a full touch phone before, after about 2 days I had 90% of the phone cased, and am slowly finding the gems of the other 10 %

I see this in my work all the time, it has nothing to do with age I has to do with being open minded to new ideas and accepting of new concepts. That and a curiosity of figuring out how things work, some people go through life with horse blinders on while others embrace the whole world around them. It has little to do with age and more to do with whom they are, is it frustrating? Very much so, but it's who they are, if he's happy with whatever he came from then let him be happy there.

From the Zed of Rockivy
    R Field, angieberry10 and stwolf like this.
    04-11-13 03:13 PM
    Sorry to say this but this appears to be the problem with Americans only. I didn't hear about steep learning curve for using z10 before it got released in the states. I had heard of Americans being dumb but seriously, are they that dumb?
    Don't.
    j_the_p and stwolf like this.
    04-11-13 03:20 PM
    Hmmmm, I'm 47 and have never owned a full touch phone before, after about 2 days I had 90% of the phone cased, and am slowly finding the gems of the other 10 %

I see this in my work all the time, it has nothing to do with age I has to do with being open minded to new ideas and accepting of new concepts. That and a curiosity of figuring out how things work, some people go through life with horse blinders on while others embrace the whole world around them. It has little to do with age and more to do with whom they are, is it frustrating? Very much so, but it's who they are, if he's happy with whatever he came from then let him be happy there.

From the Zed of Rockivy
    Thank you for posting this. That is the truth. It doesn't take being a rocket scientist to operate this device. Just an open mind and not minding having the learn.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-11-13 03:26 PM
    Sorry to say this but this appears to be the problem with Americans only. I didn't hear about steep learning curve for using z10 before it got released in the states. I had heard of Americans being dumb but seriously, are they that dumb?
    they're not dumb, they're just squares, exactly like the last comment on page 1 says "if it aint got a button, it's broken" lol, sadly a true story
    stwolf likes this.
    04-11-13 03:32 PM
    He had a s3 and can't figure out four swipe gestures? Lol...

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    my immediate thought!
    04-11-13 03:34 PM
    Here's my experience: When I picked up my Z10 from Best Buy Mobile, the person at the store helping me had no clue as to what he was doing. In fact, the two employees working there were busy cracking jokes on how "complicated" and "confusing" the UI was to them. If I hadn't known how to use the phone and was a new smartphone user, that experience could have given me second thoughts about the purchase.

Nevertheless, I think that BlackBerry has done a good job with innovating a great product that's different and unique. That's why I'm sticking with it. I only hope that retailers do the product good service by being knowledgeable about the Z10. Anyway, glad to hear your friend returned.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 04:41 PM
    He had a s3 and can't figure out four swipe gestures? Lol...

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    if he set the s3 up to suit him, then i can see why the Z10 would be seen as complicated.
    If you put the time in to really shape an Android device around you, there arent many devices that can compare.

Of course if he was one of the many people on Android who just uses it without really setting it up then i am at a loss too
    04-11-13 05:11 PM
    Unfriend

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 05:12 PM
    Is it just me or are the few of us who use this phone and can figure it out the smartest people on Earth?

Posted via CB10
    Thank you, its about time someone noticed o_O lol jp.
    ray689 likes this.
    04-11-13 06:36 PM
    This UI on the Z10 without question, takes a little getting use to.
    This is my 7th BB. I was using a GS3 for 8 months before I got the Z10 on launch day from AT&T. After 2 two I thought to myself "I'm not quite sure about this". After day 4, I thought "this is hands down the most natural way of maneuvering around a device".
    I still use my GS3 for an alarm clock, and the 1st thing I do when I pick it up is swipe up to unlock it.
    When a dock gets released for the Z10, & the native alarm clock gets a "tweak" or two, the GS3 will just be around for backup.
    04-11-13 07:52 PM
    This is the most logical answer to me. I am motivated to use the BB and not the android or the iphone. This Z10 is a whole lot easier to learn than all of the menu items in my Nikon D7000. I am motivated to learn both.
    04-11-13 07:53 PM
    Had mine for over 30 days, and returned it back to my IT department.... Just wasn't there yet. As a matter of fact, our IT department is not going to offer the Z10(I am in IT and was testing the Device), which is funny because we have components in the phone. We might however offer the Q10, but I will not be testing that devices

Oh well
    Just curious as to why it's not there yet?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:53 PM
    It took me an hour at the most to get used to mine. Had an iPhone 5 And note 2 previously before my Z10. Loving it still a week later.

Sounds like he just didn't like the change, so he went back to what he already liked. Everyone is different with their tastes.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:58 PM
    I don't think the swipe up is what people find complicated. I think there is too many menus and such within applications. The OS needs more continuity.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:39 PM
    I don't think the swipe up is what people find complicated. I think there is too many menus and such within applications. The OS needs more continuity.

Posted via CB10
    Continuity was the last thing it needed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-11-13 08:58 PM
43 12