Noticed a funny glitch on my Z10 last night. I really love using the Z10 voice control. I find it is remarkably accurate, and I'm quite particular about trying to keep typos to a minimum.

I noticed that when I use the voice control "Viki", it isn't possible to manually edit her text if something was misunderstood. (Try saying "this too" or "this stew".)

So I was quite tickled when I discovered that holding the dot or period on the Z10 keyboard activates voice dictation without Viki.

Problem? If the voice dictation gets it right, I just want to press send. But, if I press send, the dictated text just vanishes without being sent. Instead, if I tap inside the dictated text, maybe to add punctuation, the send button works fine.

Let me know if this is happening on yours.

How do we communicate these glitches to BB?
    02-14-13 10:25 AM
    How start the voice activation ?

would like to try / expose .
    02-14-13 10:38 AM
    Ermmm....:

"... holding the dot or period on the Z10 keyboard activates voice dictation without Viki."
    02-14-13 10:52 AM
    or press and hold the mute button as well...
    02-14-13 08:57 PM
    Why are you calling her Viki? I thought Viki was an app.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 09:01 PM
    Surely I can't be the only one who's noticed this...

02-15-13 09:50 AM
    I thought I read here on CB that when you hear the computerized voice in BB10 voice control, "Whaaaat would you like to do?", her nickname was Viki, kind of a take off on Siri...

02-15-13 09:55 AM
    I thought I read here on CB that when you hear the computerized voice in BB10 voice control, "Whaaaat would you like to do?", her nickname was Viki, kind of a take off on Siri...

This is incorrect. VIKI is a 3th party "Personal Assistant" app that thats in development. The blackberry voice control is simply that.
    02-15-13 10:07 AM
    Why are you calling her Viki? I thought Viki was an app.

Correct, a 3rd party personal assistant app. Not released yet.
    02-15-13 10:08 AM
    OK I stand corrected.

And thanks for clarifying that. I still think she sounds like a Viki!!!

But what about the "Send" button issue I described above? Does it work that way for you?

Last edited by PatrickMJS; 02-15-13 at 06:50 PM.
    02-15-13 10:11 AM
    No. It works fine for me. After the voice command I just press send and it does just that.

02-15-13 11:53 AM
    works fine for me, after it gets the dictation correct, i hit done then i hit send
    02-15-13 06:31 PM
    works fine for me, after it gets the dictation correct, i hit done then i hit send
    Hey Draco, I'm talking about something a little different. Start in a bbm message, with the virtual keyboard up. Instead of typing though, press and hold the period button on the lower left corner of the keyboard. The mic icon pops up. Speak your message. When done speaking tap the mic icon again. Assume it gets it right. Now press send. On my Z10, this is where the message I just dictated vanishes without being sent.
    02-15-13 06:47 PM
    OK I must have been doing something wrong cuz now it is working fine.

When I read the comments from you guys above about it working fine for you, I tried it again and now it's working fine.

I guess it's the learning curve.

Thanks for the comments

02-17-13 09:56 AM
    Patrick, it may be that you are pressing the mic symbol when done dictating. When finished dictating press the Done key and then you can modify. When good to go press Send.

It's looking like this is still a work in progress. It recognizes "Period" but doesn't capitalize the next word. After using it for a while yesterday I lost my keyboard entirely. The two finger up stroke didn't work either. I had to reboot mu Z10. These types of bugs may be why it hasn't been touted in the launch or BlackBerry's promos unless I've missed something. It's pretty accurate though. Once they get it polished its gonna fly.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 10:13 AM
    i noticed a slight inconvenience in the voice control. if lets say i accidentally started voice control, and i want to hit cancel, the pop up doesnt close on its own. i have to hit cancel then hit done.
    02-17-13 10:39 AM