Does anyone know if it's possible on the Z10 to forward texts as emails? My boss used to do this on his BB Bold and it was very useful in terms of his keeping me informed of things ...

Hopefully this isn't yet another area in which the Z10 seems to be a step backwards from the Bold!
    02-27-14 09:21 AM
    Does anyone know if it's possible on the Z10 to forward texts as emails? My boss used to do this on his BB Bold and it was very useful in terms of his keeping me informed of things ...

Hopefully this isn't yet another area in which the Z10 seems to be a step backwards from the Bold!
    I don't remember doing that on my Bold 9930. But in BB10 there is the option to Copy Chat, presumably to Paste somewhere else, an email for example.
    jjlothin likes this.
    02-27-14 09:29 AM

You can copy the text and past into a word doc or email and send off. Just like the poster above describes.
    jjlothin likes this.
    02-27-14 09:36 AM
    Thanks both, but from what he says it was far simpler than that: an option to 'Forward as email' I think ...
    02-27-14 09:43 AM
    I don't do texts (no allowance) but is there a SHARE option (that y-like icon) in text app?
    jjlothin likes this.
    02-27-14 12:11 PM
    I don't do texts (no allowance) but is there a SHARE option (that y-like icon) in text app?
    No share option, but as Jaydee said there is a copy chat option and just paste it in the body of an email. I just tried it. Works great. I do seem to remember that forward as email option somewhere in the past, but it is not there now.

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    jjlothin likes this.
    02-27-14 04:05 PM
    If your boss is looking for manually forward - then the above option of "copy chat" is just a couple more clicks than what was in the older BBOS platform.

If your boss is looking for auto-forwarding of all SMS received - then SMSbyNow is a good app that can do that. I am actually using this for auto forwarding SMS via email. Only issue is that it does not allow any filtering criteria and forwards all received SMS's.

On the old platform I was using SMSxfer for the same purpose - this had filtering ability too.

Hare Krishna
    Sridhara-syama dasa
    jjlothin and JerBru like this.
    02-27-14 04:41 PM
    There used to be a forward as email from notes.

Posted via CB10
    jjlothin likes this.
    02-27-14 07:03 PM
    No share option, but as Jaydee said there is a copy chat option and just paste it in the body of an email. I just tried it. Works great. I do seem to remember that forward as email option somewhere in the past, but it is not there now.

How are you viewing the text message? If you hold down the message in the text app, Share is available on the menu that appears on the right side.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold, jjlothin and FF22 like this.
    02-27-14 11:15 PM
    How are you viewing the text message? If you hold down the message in the text app, Share is available on the menu that appears on the right side.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't see that! You're right. I just hit the overflow menu and saw copy chat. You have to be in the text message to see it , though. If you long press the message in the hub, it just has the copy chat again.

jjlothin likes this.
    02-28-14 01:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    Many thanks - you've cracked it!
    FF22 and frfghtr like this.
    02-28-14 08:06 AM
    Many thanks - you've cracked it!
    You're welcome. We're all here to help each other.

But you had me wondering if I was running a different OS than you guys.
    02-28-14 02:58 PM
    Thanks to the poster who recommended SMABYNOW.
    Just what I was looking for. Great reviews
    04-12-14 10:15 AM