I have a blackberry Z10 that I used from my previous employer. Now email account is inactive but I still access my old emails but obviously cannot forward them. I have an email with a pdf attachment that I need. I can access the email but cannot download the pdf file to my bb.

Is there a way to access that pdf file? I don't see any options to save it in my bb unless I download it first. I'm no way tech savvy... HELP
    02-12-16 01:22 PM
    That's a problem.

BBID is tied in to email account. As you've pointed out If you can't access account you won't be able to reset password.
    I don't believe there is anyway around that unless your previous employer can grant you temporary access.

This may be more of a server issue since that is where your messages are likely based and I don't believe those files can be accessed unless you get server access.

I'm going to defer to some of the geniuses around Crack Berry to clarify that for you so don't give up hope yet. There may be a way to back up files which grants you access but my thoughts are that password access is essential.Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Might be an easier way yet but can you connect phone to PC and access file through BlackBerry Blend?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 01:36 PM
    Here's my other problem to that, I don't remember my blackberry id which is connected to the inactive account therefore when I go forgot password? it sends the change password information to that account. Can I create another blackberry id without losing my emails stored in the bb?
    02-12-16 02:05 PM
    That's a problem.

BBID is tied in to email account. As you've pointed out If you can't access account you won't be able to reset password.
    I don't believe there is anyway around that unless your previous employer can grant you temporary access.

This may be more of a server issue since that is where your messages are likely based and I don't believe those files can be accessed unless you get server access.

I'm going to defer to some of the geniuses around Crack Berry to clarify that for you so don't give up hope yet. There may be a way to back up files which grants you access but my thoughts are that password access is essential.Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 02:55 PM
    Have you ever read that email attachment (PDF) before in your Z10? If so then there is a copy of that PDF file somewhere in your phone. But if you have never read that PDF then that file is only in your old employer's server and sadly you have no way of accessing that. Maybe ask your old employer for access to their servers?
    02-19-16 03:07 PM