hey i have a z10 and i did the ota update on saturday , phone worked after that but was veryy slow and freezes, this was in the morning later at night the battery was low , and i did not charge it so the phone shut off, now it wont turn on. i have tried to reload softwarewith blackberry link and it recognizes the phone to reload and when it comes to the writing to phone it disconnects light changed from green to red and i get error code A:0x00000028, so i then tried it through internet explorer, same problem then i tried autoloader it stops when its time to write to phone. i then called blackberry they didnt help much he ran a diagnostic on the phone and said a boot file is corrupt and they cant fix it because the phone is not under warranty, so i then did a wipe with sic and it wiped the phone led flashes 2 times red, so i know there is no o/s system on the phone now, tried to load software again same problems.. also i am doing this with battery removed and have tried it on 2 different laptops . flashing red light z10 stl100-3-z10.jpg this is a screen shot.... soo basically can anyone help and ideas on how to fix this or is it done dead

thanks
    matt
    04-01-15 02:06 AM
    hey i have a z10 and i did the ota update on saturday , phone worked after that but was veryy slow and freezes, this was in the morning later at night the battery was low , and i did not charge it so the phone shut off, now it wont turn on. i have tried to reload softwarewith blackberry link and it recognizes the phone to reload and when it comes to the writing to phone it disconnects light changed from green to red and i get error code A:0x00000028, so i then tried it through internet explorer, same problem then i tried autoloader it stops when its time to write to phone. i then called blackberry they didnt help much he ran a diagnostic on the phone and said a boot file is corrupt and they cant fix it because the phone is not under warranty, so i then did a wipe with sic and it wiped the phone led flashes 2 times red, so i know there is no o/s system on the phone now, tried to load software again same problems.. also i am doing this with battery removed and have tried it on 2 different laptops . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z10.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	344923 this is a screen shot.... soo basically can anyone help and ideas on how to fix this or is it done dead

thanks
    matt
    I might be completely off the mark, but I'm wondering if you should rather do it with a fully charged battery inserted. There is probably something in the bootup process that checks for the presence of adequate battery voltage, before continuing. If there is no battery, then there is no power for rebooting, because the charging and power circuits are off during the initial stages of bootup, so there is effectively nothing to power the bootup at that time. It might also be that, coincidentally, your battery has died.

That's my theory based on my own logic. Suggest charging the battery fully in another Z10 (maybe you have a friend who has one) and confirming that it accepts and holds its charge. Then try autoloader again with the full battery in your Z10. Alternatively, use a different battery that is known to be good.
    04-01-15 03:26 AM
    At this point all I can suggest is rebooting the computer(s) and trying it again and again. Also, as suggested maybe try with a fresh battery although, the phone can reload the OS without a battery. I had my initial Z10 die similarly. It took about 6 tries to get it reloaded. (I will also note that it did fail about two weeks later and was replaced under warranty)

Also, try a different Autoloader.

Good luck
    04-01-15 09:27 AM
    thanks for the replies i did reboot multiple times, also i have tried to use sachesi created an auto loader with that as well no luck,it wont even detect the phone in sachesi , and good known working auto loaders also does it have to be the latest?
    04-01-15 11:28 PM
    As long as the Autoloader matches your device model, you can use older or newer ones. Good luck with getting something to reload the OS.
    04-02-15 12:07 AM