I sometimes like to watch videos on my Z10 and they have Flash and before they even load it just starts freezing, lagging.. a sorts, is there any way to sort this out?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:55 AM
    Happens to me too on DAC 10.2, it lags a bit, even if I use wifi (haves nothing to do with the connection tho, as the video is already loaded and still lags)
    09-23-13 10:02 AM
    Don't forget once u have flash running your battery drains so fast

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:02 AM
    Funny, why is it I never see a site's name when people complain about this?

And I know for a fact Youtube, Dailymotion and all other sites that don't usually offer pirated content work just fine.

Blame it on the Z10 yeah... When even on a PC that behaviour is to be expected (from said unnamed sites).
    09-23-13 10:05 AM
    Well Youtube doesn't lag on my brother's iPhone 4S or my PC, but it does on my Blackberry
    09-23-13 10:12 AM
    I play candy crush using flash in desktop mode for the browser, it's slow and a huge battery drain I could play 5 mins of it and my battery will drop 10-20 percent.

But with no apps thats what I can do for now. And don't ask me to side load. I'll start it after we get the 10.2 update

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:29 AM
    YouTube on both my Dev Alpha C and LEZ10 is such a hot mess that I haven't used it more than a couple of times in the last few months. It is simply a bad experience. No matter what OS version I am on, it lags when first loading. Once it finishes loading, the first 15 or so seconds of a video will play, then the video skips back to the very beginning and starts playing over. All of this happens after the full screen ad that plays on almost every single video I attempt to watch. Skipping the ad after 5 seconds is a pain in the rear, because BB10 touchscreens aren't all that accurate. If you dare attempt to click the little "skip ad" box without zooming in - you'll end up clicking on a new video that is in the related videos list. So I always end up having to zoom all the way into the corner so I can skip the ad and then make the video full screen without starting a new video.

Start up the next video and it is a repeat of the same exact process. Lag, ad, zoom in to remove ad and go fullscreen, enjoy the first 15 seconds, skip backwards, enjoy the first 15 seconds a second time and finally watch some YouTube. Lol

It is a horrible experience. It always has been every since the day I first used BlackBerry 10. Those that disagree must have a magical BB10 device that I didn't get or might not be used to having an enjoyable YouTube experience period.
    09-23-13 10:35 AM
    I call BS. I've watched a ton of vids on my phone both on Wi-Fi and network. Never have I had lag. Take your trolling elsewhere.

I also never noticed a drastic amount of battery drain just because Flash is enabled. I've played Candy Crush using the browser and while it's not as good as sideloading the Android version, it's pretty good and didn't cause major drain.

Pretty sure you've done something wrong with your phone to cause these issues and of course you come here to blame the phone because there's no way it's just user error. If Flash really was the culprit then this would've been addressed shortly after the phone's launch, not nearly a year later.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    09-23-13 10:55 AM
    Mine does not have this problem and everything works very smooth

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:57 AM
    I don't have this problem...

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy, Fatoomah and n8tiveg like this.
    09-23-13 11:01 AM
    I sometimes like to watch videos on my Z10 and they have Flash and before they even load it just starts freezing, lagging.. a sorts, is there any way to sort this out?
    If you can provide a link to the website we may be able to investgate your problem further but without knowing why or what is causing Flash to freeze, I don't think any one here can help sort this out.

One assumption at the top of my head is, many of these video sites that make use of flash video also have multiple other "adverts" around the site, which are also powered by Flash.

As there is no native ad blocker, there is a small work around, but a website link would help us help you.
    09-23-13 11:05 AM
    Happens to me too on DAC 10.2, it lags a bit, even if I use wifi (haves nothing to do with the connection tho, as the video is already loaded and still lags)
    I can also confirm this to be the case. For instance, top documentaries site has a lot of linked flash videos and they all lag, a lot. This was not an issue with releases 10.2.0.1047 and earlier. It started in the later iterations of 10.2. Exactly as you posted, the videos are all already loaded and buffering is not an issue, but the lag is still there.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 11:15 AM
    I call BS. I've watched a ton of vids on my phone both on Wi-Fi and network. Never have I had lag. Take your trolling elsewhere.

I also never noticed a drastic amount of battery drain just because Flash is enabled. I've played Candy Crush using the browser and while it's not as good as sideloading the Android version, it's pretty good and didn't cause major drain.

Pretty sure you've done something wrong with your phone to cause these issues and of course you come here to blame the phone because there's no way it's just user error. If Flash really was the culprit then this would've been addressed shortly after the phone's launch, not nearly a year later.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    Oh you mean just like how they addressed the issue with email on the PlayBook, or better yet the reboot issues some ppl seem to have. Yeah I guess it's the user fault for everything and blackberry can do no wrong. You would think a phone rebooting itself would be priority to get fixed on the asap but guess not.

Why not just realize your precious company may actually be the problem instead of defending it left and right.
    Let them address the issue and improve themselves.

And If your telling me playing flash on this phone doesn't cause considerable battery drain I will laugh in your face. Besides the battery drain the phone will get hot when playing flash. Heck even if your not playing the game but leave it in the background it does some serious battery drain too.

Only thing I use flash for is candy crush, so I can't say anything about the youtube problems.

Posted via CB10
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    09-23-13 11:49 AM
    My phone doesn't get hot nor does the battery drain drastically because of Flash. Go ahead and laugh. I'm laughing back at you since you're obviously having some kind of other problem.

I also never said anything about the PlayBook or the random reboots which BlackBerry addressed and fixed. It was a software issue.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    09-23-13 12:12 PM
    I brought up the issues of playbook and reboots because it was ppl like you who blamed the users when they brought it up. Just like what your doing now with the flash issue.

And If you're telling me that the phone won't get hot when it's using a processor intensive thing like flash then either you got a thick case on your phone or you're not sensitive to heat.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 12:29 PM
    Well Youtube doesn't lag on my brother's iPhone 4S or my PC, but it does on my Blackberry
    Doesn't lag on my devices though. Network problems maybe?
    09-23-13 01:43 PM
    If you can provide a link to the website we may be able to investgate your problem further but without knowing why or what is causing Flash to freeze, I don't think any one here can help sort this out.

One assumption at the top of my head is, many of these video sites that make use of flash video also have multiple other "adverts" around the site, which are also powered by Flash.

As there is no native ad blocker, there is a small work around, but a website link would help us help you.
    Embeb stuff doesn't seem to work very well I'll give him that much. If I try to watch Talk Mobile or Live Podcasts on CrackBerry, it sucks, but if I go directly to YouTube, it's all cool.

Adding flash adds would only turn it into a hotter mess lol.

But that's about it.

Now, those questionable sites... They lag and buffer on my PC, PB, Z10... Anywhere...
    09-23-13 01:45 PM
    I just listened to an NFL football game on an Internet radio station that required flash. It was the only way to listen to the game while traveling and my z10 was the only phone in the group that could receive it.

I find that very useful.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur and dslocumb like this.
    09-23-13 02:00 PM
    What sites are you referring to??? I'm on Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1725 and streaming anything on this bad-boy is phenomenal. That's on AT&T LTE
    dslocumb likes this.
    09-23-13 02:09 PM
    No problems here! Flash in a flash!
    09-23-13 02:51 PM
    I thought the thread was about the CAMERA Flash!
    09-23-13 04:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    No issues here at all.

I watch live football from my BlackBerry Z10 and have no lagging, loading, freezing etc.

BS

Just Zeddin' It .....
    09-23-13 05:07 PM
    Google "Flash video lags" and you will see how common it is. Flash sucks but unfortunately we're stuck with it for now. Youtube works perfectly (even flash ones), and most videos are hosted there anyway.
    09-23-13 06:18 PM
    You are a funny one...rotfl...
    I thought the thread was about the CAMERA Flash!
    09-23-13 06:23 PM
    I always view movie on youtube via browser, under desktopmode.
    Because I plug my z10 to 32" LCD by micro HDMI cable. I need the option HD resolution of desktop mode to make video on LCD nester.
    10 times open, I got about 2, 3 times browser crashed.

I mean, with me, the flash player work well. My z10 still at 10.1
    09-23-13 08:31 PM
43 12