I, too, had the SMTP send issue. I could receive e-mails, but couldn't send e-mails --- always failed.

Here's what fixed it for me.

I deleted the SMTP-offending e-mail account (all of this under Settings-->Accounts)

I re-added the account, only this time, upon indicating "e-mail", I went straight into "Advanced Set-up". From there, I added the e-mail account as a POP account, with the SAME settings I used in the "automatic" (for lack of a better term) account set-up. NO DIFFERENT SETTINGS what-so-ever

The account "took" and set itself up.

I then went into the account from the hub, and sent an e-mail to myself from that account, and it sent and was received.

I then tested it by sending e-mails to 3 other accounts, all successfully, and, now all seems to be OK.

So, it seems I can now successfully send e-mail from that account via SMTP, which was not possible until I recreated it as indicated above.

Will this always work? No clue. WOuld be interested if a few folks gave it a try.

The particulars:

Carrier: TMo
    E-Mail: Time Warner Roadrunner (POP)
    Device:STL 100-3

Hope this may be of some help....
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-08-13 11:42 AM
    Were you using your Roadrunner supplied email? If so, were you on your Roadrunner connection when this worked? If not, was this a hosted email (i.e. your own domain or work domain)? If so, were you using Authenticated SMTP? Were you using SSL?

The reason I ask is that you didn't provide any info about servers, ports, security, etc.

-tom

I, too, had the SMTP send issue. I could receive e-mails, but couldn't send e-mails --- always failed.

Here's what fixed it for me.

I deleted the SMTP-offending e-mail account (all of this under Settings-->Accounts)

I re-added the account, only this time, upon indicating "e-mail", I went straight into "Advanced Set-up". From there, I added the e-mail account as a POP account, with the SAME settings I used in the "automatic" (for lack of a better term) account set-up. NO DIFFERENT SETTINGS what-so-ever

The account "took" and set itself up.

I then went into the account from the hub, and sent an e-mail to myself from that account, and it sent and was received.

I then tested it by sending e-mails to 3 other accounts, all successfully, and, now all seems to be OK.

So, it seems I can now successfully send e-mail from that account via SMTP, which was not possible until I recreated it as indicated above.

Will this always work? No clue. WOuld be interested if a few folks gave it a try.

The particulars:

Carrier: TMo
    E-Mail: Time Warner Roadrunner (POP)
    Device:STL 100-3

Hope this may be of some help....
    04-08-13 12:40 PM
    Were you using your Roadrunner supplied email? If so, were you on your Roadrunner connection when this worked? If not, was this a hosted email (i.e. your own domain or work domain)? If so,

The reason I ask is that you didn't provide any info about servers, ports, security, etc.

-tom
    Sorry....

1) Were you using your Roadrunner supplied email?

If, by this, you mean the roadrunner supplied e-mail address, then, YES

2) were you on your Roadrunner connection when this worked?

No, I did this all away from the house, meaning, on the TMo network with 4g connection. (Hope this is what you meant)

were you using Authenticated SMTP? Were you using SSL?

I did enter a password for the SMTP Server, thus authenticated. I was/am NOT using SSL.

I left the default ports that the BB threw out when in advanced set-up for POP and SMTP... and... as indicated, no SSL for SMTP (set to off)

I hope this answered your questions... if NOT, let me know and I'll try to shed more light on it.
    04-08-13 12:50 PM
    Just one more thing I think... what is the outgoing (SMTP) server name?

Thanks,

-tom

Sorry....

1) Were you using your Roadrunner supplied email?

If, by this, you mean the roadrunner supplied e-mail address, then, YES

2) were you on your Roadrunner connection when this worked?

No, I did this all away from the house, meaning, on the TMo network with 4g connection. (Hope this is what you meant)

were you using Authenticated SMTP? Were you using SSL?

I did enter a password for the SMTP Server, thus authenticated. I was/am NOT using SSL.

I left the default ports that the BB threw out when in advanced set-up for POP and SMTP... and... as indicated, no SSL for SMTP (set to off)

I hope this answered your questions... if NOT, let me know and I'll try to shed more light on it.
    04-08-13 01:37 PM
    in my case: smpt-server.cinci.rr.com
    Just one more thing I think... what is the outgoing (SMTP) server name?

Thanks,

-tom
    04-08-13 02:47 PM
    Thank you. From what you've been telling us and what I can find online, RR doesn't seem to to AUTH SMTP in the traditional manner (over port 587). Still doesn't fully explain why you can send and others can't but it is another piece to the puzzle. What port number is your setup using?

-tom

in my case: smpt-server.cinci.rr.com
    04-08-13 03:52 PM
    SMTP Port 25...

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 04:05 PM
    Ok, the plot thickens...

I can SEND via smtp over the TMO network, but not via smtp over my wifi router at home

When I turn wifi on the z10 OFF, I can again send over SMTP, via the TMo the network.

I recall an identical issue I experienced with a DROID some years back. It was never resolved on the DROID, but, then again, I went back to BlackBerry a very short time later.

Very "Interesting "......

Posted via CB10

EDIT: Yep, verified. No SMTP send via WiFi rounter, SMTP send via TMo network possible...
    Last edited by grumpyaeroguy; 04-08-13 at 04:31 PM.
    04-08-13 04:20 PM
    POP3 is erratic on T-Mo. Done the manual install, works -- doesn't work -- works... Using K9 until they sort. K9 notifications do appear on Hub.
    tceagle likes this.
    04-08-13 05:11 PM
    Didn't work for me on ATT. Can't send email on the smtp server unless I'm on a wi - fi network. Very frustrating because I need to be able to respond to students' emails wherever I am.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 05:58 PM
    This is very bizarre. Based on your settings, you should only be able to send mail via the RR network when on your home network (WiFi). You should only be able to send via the TMO network/server if you re connected via cellular data (WiFi off) but you don't have their server in the mix. "Interesting" indeed.

-tom

Ok, the plot thickens...

I can SEND via smtp over the TMO network, but not via smtp over my wifi router at home

When I turn wifi on the z10 OFF, I can again send over SMTP, via the TMo the network.

I recall an identical issue I experienced with a DROID some years back. It was never resolved on the DROID, but, then again, I went back to BlackBerry a very short time later.

Very "Interesting "......

Posted via CB10

EDIT: Yep, verified. No SMTP send via WiFi rounter, SMTP send via TMo network possible...
    04-08-13 07:38 PM
    Bizarre is one way to describe it.

I certainly am cornfused..

Posted via CB10
    tceagle likes this.
    04-08-13 08:50 PM
    Did not work for me. I have many email accounts on Web.com. I can receive but not send. I tried the advanced setup. I now use gmail smtp server to send - with the price that all my emails show up as from gmai. The can not reply as Gmail incoming pop will not work on my Z10 (AT&T).

I found the my account on attglobal.net could not work to either send or receive. I had to just not use it on the Z10.

I have not tried using the Comcast SMTP but I doubt it will work if not sent from through their cable system.

My problem exists whether on WIFI or on AT&T wireless.
    04-11-13 11:34 AM
    I just came from Verizon, they said it's a software glitch that should be fixed with the 10.1 update. I hope they're right, I can't be waiting to send my emails until I get home!

Now "when" the update is available is another issue...
    07-01-13 06:39 PM
    It may be your router that's causing the problem. You may have to open some ports.
    07-01-13 07:35 PM
    I don't want to say bad words here but the issue is not on smpt or ssl on/off or whatever...In my q10 i have changed all kind of ports ,ssl on and off and the issue is that always after 1 or 3 days again i can not send emails...
    This happens not on gmail or hotmail etc but always on private company servers..I am afraid that this is Blackberry's fault 100% and its all about connectivity with ports smtp's etc.. Vodafone in Greece has many many complains from os10 users and they can not figure out what is the solution.At the end of the day i think blackberry has to address this issue because after all its supposed to be a business phone. But without e-mail going out i cant see the use of it...
    01-06-14 10:07 AM