In seven seeks of use, my z10 restarted itself once. I can't remember what I was doing when it happened? Not really worried about it. I hope it's just a rare thing that can be fixed with an update.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 04:03 PM
    I had a white screen of death once. Only in the hub. Rest of the device was fine, and I could launch apps but the hub was just a white screen. Had to reboot.
    There is a special gesture that will restart the hub. I believe it is a diagonal stroke from the top right of the screen to the bottom left, done 5 times in succession. Or so I'm told.
    03-18-13 12:25 AM
    Random restart again tonight and ah that point I was not using the phone.
    I really hope it is something so simple as an Os update that will fix things. It is frustrating to say the least and I want BlackBerry to kill it. I do not want an Iphone and I do not want an android. I want THIS phone so I want the restarts to f**k off lol.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    03-18-13 02:15 AM
    Random restart again tonight and ah that point I was not using the phone.
    I really hope it is something so simple as an Os update that will fix things. It is frustrating to say the least and I want BlackBerry to kill it.

Did you remove the sideloaded apps yet? That is THE #1 reason I see responsible for random reboots of the Z10.

What Software release/OS version are you running?
    03-18-13 10:54 AM
    Sorry to hear your random reboots seem to happen more often than others Megan. My z10 hasn't crashed or rebooted by itself since the first post on this thread, and I know others who haven't had any. What apps do you have sideloaded?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 11:15 AM
    I haven't sideloaded any via the computer method I have only downloaded those on BlackBerry world.

Here is my list of apps apart from those that are on the device and cannot be removed.

Facebook
    Twitter
    Crackberry
    Dropbox
    Box
    TuneIn radio (native)
    Absolute radio (native)
    Nobex
    Slacker
    Photo studio
    Memo pad
    Air canada
    Flickster
    Cineplex
    Password keeper
    Barcode scanner (port)
    Angry birds star wars
    Shoot the duck
    War ships
    Open sudoku
    Super sudoku
    My Telus (port)
    TimmyMe (native)
    UFC (native)

I marked those that I know are native and ported. Some I am not completely sure about.

03-18-13 05:41 PM
    If you have random restart issues, back up, wipe the OS and restore.

I random restarts, gone since I did the above. Also gained some space by that procedure.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 04:13 AM

I random restarts, gone since I did the above. Also gained some space by that procedure.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 04:13 AM
    I haven't sideloaded any via the computer method I have only downloaded those on BlackBerry world.

Here is my list of apps apart from those that are on the device and cannot be removed.

Facebook
    Twitter
    Crackberry
    Dropbox
    Box
    TuneIn radio (native)
    Absolute radio (native)
    Nobex
    Slacker
    Photo studio
    Memo pad
    Air canada
    Flickster
    Cineplex
    Password keeper
    Barcode scanner (port)
    Angry birds star wars
    Shoot the duck
    War ships
    Open sudoku
    Super sudoku
    My Telus (port)
    TimmyMe (native)
    UFC (native)

I marked those that I know are native and ported. Some I am not completely sure about.

So you say you have only added apps via Blackberry World. That's good, that implies you do not have any "sideloaded" apps, which are a frequent source of problems.

But I'm curious about some of those. For example Dropbox. I didn't think Dropbox had a native Blackberry 10 app, especially since it is integrated directly into the Blackberry Hub. (I see there's something called "Connect to Dropbox" that was just released yesterday, is that what you're talking about? It's made by Blackberry. Not sure what it does that the OS doesn't already do.)

You list the following apps which as far as I know all come on the device by default:

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Box
    • Dropbox

Off the top of my head I don't see anything in your list of apps that I would be extremely suspicious of, though in general any streaming-media apps would probably get my attention before anything else because of how they often work in the background and/or use up significant system resources.
    03-19-13 01:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ugh. That is exactly what. I don't want to have to do! Haha. It would be such a pain in the a$$.

03-19-13 09:15 PM
    Just bought my new Z10 yesterday from Verizon. It has crashed and rebooted 4 or 5 times already. I don't have any sideloaded apps. I haven't done much except try to add an e-mail account or two to the hub. I'm hoping I didn't get a dud unit. I backed it up and am doing a security wipe right now. Hopefully that corrects the issue. Kinda bummed out.
    03-29-13 09:05 AM
    Just bought my new Z10 yesterday from Verizon. It has crashed and rebooted 4 or 5 times already. I don't have any sideloaded apps. I haven't done much except try to add an e-mail account or two to the hub. I'm hoping I didn't get a dud unit. I backed it up and am doing a security wipe right now. Hopefully that corrects the issue. Kinda bummed out.
    4-5 times in a day? That's terrible, let us know if the wipe fixes it. I hope you kept your receipt. I've still got a grand total of 1 crash, the OP

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 12:59 PM
    both my Z10 and Playbook crash 3 or 4 times a game while watching NHL Game Center, totally frustrating. In addition, watching a game through the playbook is much clearer with no glitches compared with the Z10...
    04-04-13 09:04 PM
    I had a problem yesterday. My Z10 rebooted and got stuck in a reboot loop. Not sure how long it was going on as I noticed it when u pulled it from my pocket.

Pulled the battery and everything seems to be back to normal. No idea what caused the issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 09:07 PM
    I'm averaging about once a day. I'm on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 09:09 PM
    So many other threads. All I can say is welcome to ****! Okay not really Verizon and blackberry are aware and swear they are working on a fix

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 09:10 PM
    T-Mobile. Never crashed. One time had to use the hub restart and nothing since then unless you count sideloads misbehaving. They never crashed, they just refused to cooperate so I eliminated them :P

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 10:52 PM
    Hi all ,
    My z10 has been at its best behaviour, ever since i got it 3 weeks back. no issues , no annoying restarts .. pray it just continues in the same manner.. Whatever,,, i love my Zelicous10
    416to604 likes this.
    04-04-13 11:50 PM
    I had a problem yesterday. My Z10 rebooted and got stuck in a reboot loop. Not sure how long it was going on as I noticed it when u pulled it from my pocket.

Pulled the battery and everything seems to be back to normal. No idea what caused the issue.
    that's scary. what carrier are you on? any suspect sideloads?

I'm averaging about once a day. I'm on Verizon.
    you sir have a great deal of patience.

So many other threads. All I can say is welcome to ****! Okay not really Verizon and blackberry are aware and swear they are working on a fix
    this is one of, if not the first thread discussing z10 crashes. yeah i'm semi-proud of being one of the first people to push my QNX powered z10 over the brink. i'd like to think i can bring down a nuclear reactor or something now lol... either way verizon/blackberry need to sort out the crashing issue for their customers soon. i don't doubt many z10 are beings returned because of that stability issue.
    meganVee likes this.
    04-05-13 05:16 PM
    I got my Z10 the day it was released in the US for T-Mobile. Today it crashed for the first time. I was driving with the headphone jack used to play music through the car's sound system. I also had BB Maps running. I was in the middle of a call, and when the GPS was about to announce the next step, the system crashed. Hopefully it won't be an ongoing problem but after 60 days of heavy use, I think it was an isolated incident.
    06-04-13 02:33 PM
    Got mine on March 26 only one reboot on April 2 and that was it.

Oh, I see, you got it from Verizon... wait for the updated OS, or load a leaked version and will probably solve your problem

Posted via
    06-05-13 02:03 AM
    New here.

Have my Zed10 for 5 Days now and have had one freeze and three reboots thus far. The freeze and two reboots while using the Maps app. And one random reboot while not in use. I'm on the latest version 10.1.0.273 with Rogers. I've no side loads and was not running any apps while using the Maps app. I really like the performance of the Maps app, but a reboot while on the road is a real pain, since you have now lost your destination.

The other reboot I'm not sure what caused it, I had been browsing and left the room and upon return a few minutes later, the phone shows the reboot logo...
    06-10-13 10:59 PM
    Hi, I want to share my experiences so far. I'm on a Dutch carrier called "Vodafone". I use a BBZ10 (STL 100-2) and using the 10.1.0.273 update for about 3 weeks. About the same time the random reboots started. I have lots of side loads and although I get the (fals) message that the android app refuses duty, this app still runs good.
    Random reboots only occur once a day on the factory charger at the and of its cycle.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 02:32 AM
    iOS 7 won't have these issues.
    06-11-13 02:39 AM
    iOS 7 won't have these issues.
    you can see the future?
    416to604 likes this.
    06-11-13 03:12 AM
78 1234