So I had purchased back in the summer time a Bluetooth Sony wireless speaker. Sony Bluetooth / NFC Speaker (SRSBTX300B)

I needed for my overseas vacation to Greece to pair up with my ipad music etc. Regardless of its hefty price it's worth every every penny in my opinion if anyone is in the market for one of these speakers.

Now back on topic, I saw it also had the one touch NFC connection awhile ago but didn't make anything of it because all my music I was playing or streaming was coming from my ipad.

So just now I decided to turn ON NFC on my Z10 and started playing music on my blackberry. With my sony speaker powered "off" I took my blackberry to it and tapped it on the NFC logo located on top of the speaker.

The speaker automatically powered on (which I thought was amazing) and start playing the music instantly. No pairing no nothing!!!! I'm not going to lie I think I got a semi. Lol

That's all for now.

Cheers
    russmov, UndeadNinjaa and Mazokun like this.
    10-27-13 08:23 PM
    That's amazing. I also have a Sony blue tooth portable speaker but I don't know if it will allow for nfc.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:25 PM
    That's amazing. I also have a Sony blue tooth portable speaker but I don't know if it will allow for nfc.

Posted via CB10
    Check on the speaker if it has that NFC logo on it. Mine has the logo on it. It looks like 2 N's on top of each other.
    10-27-13 08:36 PM
    I just got one the other day too! Cannot stop playing with the nfc feature haha

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:39 PM
    I just got one the other day too! Cannot stop playing with the nfc feature haha

Posted via CB10
    A semi or a speaker
    10-27-13 08:44 PM
    #whynotboth hahaha. No just the speaker

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:22 PM
    I use it to transfer media files all the time with mostly Android users and it always works great!
    Glad you were able to use and enjoy it!
    10-28-13 12:39 AM
    lol @ getting a semi

Nfc is good stuff, too bad it's so underrated
    10-28-13 12:58 AM
    Ya NFC is very underrated. Couple of years ahead of its time perhaps.

Curious what the percentage would be of BlackBerry 10 users actually using it or let alone ever used it even once. I'm guessing under 5%.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 09:54 AM
    Now that IS cool! Our family uses it constantly just for sharing files. Works great for us. But you're actually activating an external piece of electronics with you phones NFC. Very nice.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    10-28-13 10:10 AM
    ... I tapped (my Z10) on the NFC logo located on top of the speaker... the speaker automatically powered on (which I thought was amazing) and start playing the music instantly. No pairing no nothing!!!! I'm not going to lie I think I got a semi."
    Good thing it was only a semi, otherwise you might have knocked over your new Sony speaker in all the excitement...!!!

Good thing you now have something new to play with.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-28-13 10:18 AM
    Now that IS cool! Our family uses it constantly just for sharing files. Works great for us.
    Agreed. NFC is a great way to share pictures and other files on the phone. I was hiking with my daughter and took a gorgeous snapshot & she wanted a copy... but we were outside of cellular range. Normally I would just send it to her via bbm. But with NFC, tap the 2 phones together and boom, the transfer begins automatically. So sweet.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:21 AM
    Check on the speaker if it has that NFC logo on it. Mine has the logo on it. It looks like 2 N's on top of each other.
    Omg it totally worked!!! Thanks for alerting me to this!!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 07:10 PM
    I'm not going to lie. I just touched it again!!! Feels heavenly.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 07:12 PM