Got my z10 from Verizon store in Cleveland today. They said it was only the second one they have sold which surprised me. I was an avid bb user until about 2 years ago when I switched to android. Really missed my bb so did alot of research and thought I would try the z10. Anyway I really do like the phone size, function, keyboard etc. I really hope that bb can make a come back but am having some concerns. Not a big app user but am missing a few apps and customization like verizon visual voice mail for example. I have to say I at first loved the z10 and still do but I am having some concerns about future. I really dont want to learn and like this new os and have to switch again. The lack of apps is going to be a deal breaker for alot of consumers. I say this because I really wasnt concerned about apps but until I got the phone and wanted to do a couple of things I didnt realize that the bb app world is really far behind. Not sure if I can give that all up but I am definitely going to give it a chance.
    03-30-13 05:46 PM
    You have to add visual voicemail to your plan

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 05:49 PM
    List some of the apps you miss and maybe someone here can help you find it or give a suggestion for a substitute.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple and dfield like this.
    03-30-13 05:52 PM
    I have visual voicemail on my plan... when I get a voicemail it sends me a text but there is no app loaded or in app store that I can find
    03-30-13 05:58 PM
    Love the hub.. but would still like a Gmail app so I could see folders or archives from time to time.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:07 PM
    You have to add visual voicemail to your plan

Posted via CB10
    I have VV too, The Z10 doesn't support it.
    03-30-13 06:09 PM
    I have the Z10 with AT&T and it does support visual voice mail. As others have said, you have to call your carrier and make sure you have visual voice mail enabled on your plan. After you add it, a VVM tab will show up in your phone app.

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    03-30-13 06:15 PM
    Z10 supports VVM. Have it on mine with ATT.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:26 PM
    Seems the Z10 supports it physically then. My carrier uses it, and I can't get it. Interesting.
    03-30-13 06:30 PM
    I have it with ATT. Had to activate it. It will also show up in the hub, at the bottom.
    03-30-13 06:31 PM
    It's in the hub. Look at the bottom. To set it up go to your general settings and look for visual voice mail. Sign up and go through the stages.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:35 PM
    I think the whole hub is a waste of time. Takes forever just to do something. All these swipes make me wanna go back to my 9930.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:37 PM
    I think the whole hub is a waste of time. Takes forever just to do something. All these swipes make me wanna go back to my 9930.

Posted via CB10
    Blasphemy!
    geekaren and KoukiFC3S like this.
    03-30-13 06:41 PM
    It's not in my hub. Does anyone with Verizon have it working?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:45 PM
    I definitely have it activated. I checked with Verizon

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, but it could be solved by simply making the icon on the "peek" clickable. Say I shoot someone a text and then swipe over and launch facebook. While im in face book I get a random notification. I peek it and should be able to click the email icon. Instead I now have to swipe back to hub (which is still in the person text), swip out of that, swipe out of the text menu, click email, then click the email again to open.....
    03-30-13 06:53 PM
    My vvm is active. And in my hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:57 PM
    I hope that a few more people on Verizon answer your post to see if this issue is carrier specific. I've seen one issue in the forums that was carrier specific to Bell, but I haven't seen any other Verizon threads. If you subscribe to it, I don't see why it wouldn't show up somewhere. I don't get mine for a couple of days so I'll be checking back in here to see if you were able to resolve it or if I get the same issue (my storm trooper is finally on it's way!).
    03-30-13 07:27 PM
    Couple more apps I'm missing. Audible audio books, my touch tunes, iheart radio, night clock...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:09 PM
    Believe me... I am all about communications first... and apps and other features second.. but if there is nothing but communications and internet only it is a little lacking. No gps. Its like there is nothing to do when your not communicating... Just thinking out loud
    03-30-13 11:27 PM
    Believe me... I am all about communications first... and apps and other features second.. but if there is nothing but communications and internet only it is a little lacking. No gps. Its like there is nothing to do when your not communicating... Just thinking out loud
    There is no GPS? I didn't notice that.
    03-30-13 11:28 PM
    If you have visual voice mail with your plan and Verizon supports it on the z10 already then you should be able to open your phone app, swipe down near the top and select settings.

There should be an option in there to set it up. I had to do this on bell here in Canada.

Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:36 PM
    If you have visual voice mail with your plan and Verizon supports it on the z10 already then you should be able to open your phone app, swipe down near the top and select settings.

There should be an option in there to set it up. I had to do this on bell here in Canada.

Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    Verizon must not support it on Z10. It sounds like it is a Verizon thing.. but still is a problem for a lot of people
    03-30-13 11:41 PM
    Verizon must not support it on Z10. It sounds like it is a Verizon thing.. but still is a problem for a lot of people
    I know here in Canada, bell was and might still be the only company to support it, I think like you said it may be a Verizon issue right now, it seems like it is up to the carriers to add the support for vvm.

I just know that I had it for a week without knowing there was even more phone options to enable it haha!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:48 PM

Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    Nope, SETUP is in a separate icon. VVM setup is from that icon. SETTINGS is from the swipe down menu.

I had issues with my Tmo VVM not being able to access my account. I had to do a security wipe and start all over in setup, transferring contacts, etc.
    03-30-13 11:56 PM
36 12