I know when I got a Z10 here it was a 100-2 model, and the leaked firmware doesn't work on it. The version number could just be an indication of what model phone you're using (as I guess they have different radios for different countries)

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 02:25 PM
    Oh and hurry up O2!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 02:26 PM
    I know when I got a Z10 here it was a 100-2 model, and the leaked firmware doesn't work on it. The version number could just be an indication of what model phone you're using (as I guess they have different radios for different countries)

Posted via CB10
    This is the case I think too
    03-01-13 02:28 PM
    That's it! I'm moving to the UK.

Anybody have a flat to put me up in?
    If you're happy to sleep on the floor you can stay at my place in the sunny (sometimes) South East
    03-01-13 02:28 PM
    That's it! I'm moving to the UK.

Anybody have a flat to put me up in?
    Spare room in Southampton :P
    03-01-13 02:33 PM
    Pretty sure that you said you have the -1 version dont you??, could be that this OS update was for the -2 version, which is what i have but mine was bought from p4u sim free earlier this week.
    I have both.. I've updated the -2 device, the -1 device isn't reporting any updates yet, but it doesn't have a SIM in currently
    03-01-13 02:34 PM
    I wonder, if I run down to Tesco and nab a Vodafone SIM card, cut it and shove it in. Will I see the update (Device is unlocked, but I know what O2 are like with approving updates...)
    03-01-13 02:35 PM
    I wonder, if I run down to Tesco and nab a Vodafone SIM card, cut it and shove it in. Will I see the update (Device is unlocked, but I know what O2 are like with approving updates...)
    Yes, but I'm still wondering if it really is exactly the same update. It'll work, but no one can say if it really is exactly the same.
    03-01-13 02:37 PM
    Yes, but I'm still wondering if it really is exactly the same update. It'll work, but no one can say if it really is exactly the same.
    *Shrugs* updates an update. Owning the Playbook since launch I naturally get quite giddy with ANY software update from BlackBerry!

(On that note, I'm getting along absolutely fine with my Z10. Not desperate for features/bug fixes etc, just... have to have it. AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!)
    03-01-13 02:40 PM
    Don't forget EE do the software updates for BB now not Orange.

So someone in EE decides when EE t-mobile and orange get it.

Knowing their tardiness I wouldn't expect it today at all.
    03-01-13 02:46 PM
    Don't forget EE do the software updates for BB now not Orange.

So someone in EE decides when EE t-mobile and orange get it.

Knowing their tardiness I wouldn't expect it today at all.
    Balls :-(
    03-01-13 02:47 PM
    Call their HQ on Monday 01707315000 and ask for the internal software team.

Then bug them whilst avoiding questions if you're a customer.
    03-01-13 02:48 PM
    Lol.

UK BB twitter says they are aggressively pushing to roll it out. So I think BB are doing the bugging for us.
    Spawn12 and sgt_snacks-64 like this.
    03-01-13 02:51 PM
    Same here in Switzerland. 115MB. Downloading right now

Posted via CB10
    yupp, very glad that Swisscom isn't waiting 3+ months as it is with WP8 updates!
    03-01-13 02:53 PM
    I find EE has best coverage especially around London 4g data everywhere and also full bars as opposed to vodafone that just flicked through e,3g and h+ all the time it makes smoking breaks so much better I can actually go on Facebook shame the bb10 app is so poor but it's not far off can't be that hard to sort.

Come on EE pull finger and get this update rolled out I feel left out

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 02:54 PM
    Lol.

UK BB twitter says they are aggressively pushing to roll it out. So I think BB are doing the bugging for us.
    Liking the sound of that!

In the mean time, I'm gonna investigate getting a Vodafone SIM (I wish I was wreckless enough to cut my work SIM and pop it in)
    03-01-13 02:54 PM
    Just tweeted uk bb twitter account and asked when orange are going to haul arse. The aggressively pushing thing was something they said earlier before vodafone got theirs out. Probably done for the evening though.
    03-01-13 03:00 PM
    The one thing I do like about O2.. is their international options.. Three doesn't offer anything for travellers.
    Actually, they do. 5 quids per day for unlimited data in Europe.
    03-01-13 03:02 PM
    Liking the sound of that!

In the mean time, I'm gonna investigate getting a Vodafone SIM (I wish I was wreckless enough to cut my work SIM and pop it in)
    Wonder if an Ovivo SIM would work?
    03-01-13 03:03 PM
    Lol.

Pretty much what the BB rep said to me today whilst i was bugging him in the Westfield Stratford shopping centre...said the updates are coming but down to the networks to get them out. Im on tmo myself and seeing that Voda have already pushed it to their customers, im hopeful that EE/Tmo will push it out soon.
    03-01-13 03:11 PM
    Actually, they do. 5 quids per day for unlimited data in Europe.
    Do you have a link to this? I called them and asked about it and they said they don't offer anything while in Europe, only the International caller option from the UK.

Thanks
    03-01-13 03:11 PM
    I have both.. I've updated the -2 device, the -1 device isn't reporting any updates yet, but it doesn't have a SIM in currently
    No update with a Voda sim in, but Link says there is an update available which it is downloading, but the version is 10.0.9.. so its not the latest
    03-01-13 03:12 PM
    Vodafone sim card from Tesco is 99p, worth a punt

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 03:13 PM
    Just an update!

Brought a Vodafone SIM for 99p from Tesco. Cut it to MicroSIM size. Inserted and was prompted to update

Go Tesco! Go Kitchen Knife! Go BlackBerry!
    Omnitech and sok2507 like this.
    03-01-13 03:34 PM
    Do you have a link to this? I called them and asked about it and they said they don't offer anything while in Europe, only the International caller option from the UK.

Thanks
    Introducing the Euro Internet Pass. - Welcome to the Three Blog -

Used it several times. Does not allow tethering.
    MattUK likes this.
    03-01-13 03:37 PM
226 12345 ...