As much as I'm in love with my z10 I've also come to realize and appreciate certain features in previous OS builds that I oh so dearly miss and hope they will return in the near future. Specifically file handling and viewing.

I absolutely loved the ability of being able to decide where to save files. I was able to keep my sdcard directory organized and customized. Not saying that I haven't achieved that now, just there seems to be an extra few steps involved in doing so.

So here's my small rant:

A) When receiving an image/file via BBM text or email I'm able to choose where to save. However, when saving from the browser I'm given no choice but to deal with the default 'Downloads' folder as my saving option. I just find that very strange.

B) Using the File Manager I've noticed I cannot scroll/swipe through images. Instead I'm forced to view and go back one by one. Annoying and tedious when you're looking for something in a directory with hundreds or even thousands of images. Yes I know I can just run the Pictures viewer to achieve this, however, even there I'm not given the option to search within an album if I know of a specific file name. Again, weird.

C) The 'Recent' view in Pictures, Music and Videos needs to at the very least NOT be set to default when opening the respective app. I want the ability to go right on in and look for what I want. I also don't want to be in a situation where someone's playing with my phone and sees something they shouldn't or that may be a bit embarrassing.

D) The ability to view my Music simply by individual songs. Artists, Albums and Genres are my categorized options but why not Songs?

E) And my biggest gripe, gone is the option to hide/unhide files and/or folders. I miss that VERY much and to me is the weirdest of them all.

Forgive me if I'm being a bit picky. It could actually be that I was just spoiled by my previous BlackBerry devices. Constructive criticism and concern here that I hope I will be able to see return back soon in future OS10 updates.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 02:58 PM
    Has anyone found a fix for the default setting of "Recent" in the pictures app? That has to be one of the most annoying screw ups in this OS. Why would anyone give a crap about looking at Recent instead of albums or all? Same thing with the music app. A proper OS would allow you to set the default view of these things. Am I missing something here?

Not to mention not being able to hide/lock folders from view, etc. Blackberry - get your sh-t together for once!
    05-17-13 09:43 AM