I wanted to download the Amazon app store apk to my sister's Z10 yesterday, but once the download progress bar reached 100%, "download failed" popped up.

I tried to download other stuff like pictures from different websites to confirm getting the same result.

So in other words, the Z10 won't download and save any files over the BB10 browser.

Any ideas, please?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 11:50 AM
    Well, what have you done to correct it yourself? A reboot? Yell at it? Anything? Helps to know what you may have tried already. Might wanna give it a reboot, clear out the browser cache and history and try again but since you never told us what you did, maybe I'm suggesting things you've already tried.
    03-03-14 11:56 AM
    Well, what have you done to correct it yourself? A reboot? Yell at it? Anything? Might wanna give it a reboot, clear out the browser cache and history and try again but since you never told us what you did, maybe I'm suggesting things you've already tried. Helps to know what you've already done to avoid advising you to do that.
    Personally, I find that yelling at it doesn't help much. That being said, sometimes it's the solution.

Via Z30 10.3.0.1337
    03-03-14 11:58 AM
    Do you have enough available space to save the file?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 12:01 PM
    Personally, I find that yelling at it doesn't help much. That being said, sometimes it's the solution.

Via Z30 10.3.0.1337
    It's a short term solution, though satisfactory just enough to help one move on for a little while at least.
    03-03-14 12:03 PM
    Bla1ze: I get your point - rebooted, cache cleared, enough space on device and SD. My sis says she has not been able to download files from day one with her Z10.

While I respect you as a CB persona, I would prefer if you could save the mocking tone for someone else, thank you.

Posted via CB10
    FranRamos likes this.
    03-03-14 12:20 PM
    Bla1ze: I get your point - rebooted, cache cleared, enough space on device and SD. My sis says she has not been able to download files from day one with her Z10.

While I respect you as a CB persona, I would prefer if you could save the mocking tone for someone else, thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Mocking tone? You want help. It helps us to know what you've done. If getting the full details from you to offer a better solution than the standard reboot, wipe cache, wipe device is a mocking tone, then I'm sorry. Hope you get it fixed.
    03-03-14 01:07 PM
    You asked me if I tried yelling at the Z10, which to me was a hint of mockery. I do not solve problems by yelling.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 01:21 PM
    You asked me if I tried yelling at the Z10, which to me was a hint of mockery. I do not solve problems by yelling.

Posted via CB10
    Ya sorry, the pure absurdity of yelling at in order to get it working lead me to believe you know, most people would take it as a joke. But I guess not........
    03-03-14 01:25 PM
    No biggie, nonverbal communication often leads to unnecessary misunderstanding.

Anyway, I tweeted BlackBerry help, let's see if they come up with anything. But I guess I might just end up with wiping the device.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 01:28 PM
    Maybe it's your service provider? Which provider are you with? I'm with Rogers and I have no issues. Is the network dropping signal during the download? Does it let you restart it, I know sometimes it has that circle arrow thing allowing you to start up the download again. But I don't know if that restarts the download or just picks up where it stopped.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 07:05 PM
    I yelled at mine and it turned off completely to punish me for my impudence.

Z30 10.2.1.537
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    03-03-14 07:07 PM
    Maybe it's your service provider? Which provider are you with? I'm with Rogers and I have no issues. Is the network dropping signal during the download? Does it let you restart it, I know sometimes it has that circle arrow thing allowing you to start up the download again. But I don't know if that restarts the download or just picks up where it stopped.

Posted via CB10
    It's VF CZ, whose network really sucks compared to T-Mobile which I am on. But the downloads fail when on wifi as well. So it's not gonna be coz of the carrier network.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 03:16 AM
    Sooo... BB Help investigated using the Z10�s PIN and found out "the device software version is higher than the one supported by your carrier" (impossible, as the device runs the official software released by the carrier) and by the time of BB Help�s reply, the glitch fixed itself

At my job, we call this "intermittent failure"
    03-13-14 06:25 PM
    What OS version are you running? I never had problems with downloads on T-Mobile CZ using Z10 and never heard about a bug of this kind, but I'd suggest updating your OS just for the sake of bugfixes and new features

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:02 PM