Thats really annoying

Posted via Z10
    hgdk likes this.
    09-23-14 01:21 PM
    Very poor thing.
    Reason is that, Z10 is now out of stock of BlackBerry, and they will not be able to replace ur phone.

Ask them to provide you with Q5 or Bold 9900 phone as replacement.
    And return your Z10
    @Saurabhlb : Gave that option to the Area Manager. (Infact asked for a Z30 - I volunteered to pay the difference)
    He initially said 'no', but he is going to get back with options. (Provided he is not able to get me the right Z10)

It appears that today's crop(INR 16 K) of Z10s are inferior to the earlier batches (INR 24K+). The replacement I received went kapunt in under 2 days. This phone was supposedly 'Made in Mexico', but shipped to India via Canada.

He confessed today that he waiting for a specific batch to arrive from Korea. Apparently, these phones are at a higher level of quality & since I was very particular about testing the heck out of the phone on arrival, he is taking all efforts to get the right piece. Bless him.

The issue apparently is with STL-001s (which were sold in India). Not sure of the fuss about 'making for India' ?

On the future of Z10's - I see all of us receiving Refurbished pieces if we get unlucky with our existing ones.
    Not that I care. I just need the darn phone to work as intended.

Regards,
    D
    Last edited by hgdk; 09-25-14 at 06:19 AM.
    09-25-14 05:06 AM
    Thats really annoying

Posted via Z10
    @Varun Naive : 'Annoying' is an underrated word to describe what folks are experiencing !

FYI:
    Backlog of Z10s(waiting for replacement units) at Hyderabad alone - 112.
    Average waiting period - 3 months for the unsuspecting / 45 days atleast for folks who followup regularly.
    Last edited by hgdk; 09-25-14 at 06:19 AM.
    09-25-14 05:12 AM
    @Saurabhlb : Gave that option to the Area Manager. (Infact asked for a Z30 - I volunteered to pay the difference)
    He initially said 'no', but he is going to get back with options. (Provided he is not able to get me the right Z10)

It appears that today's crop(INR 16 K) of Z10s are inferior to the earlier batches (INR 24K+). The replacement I received went kapunt in under 2 days. This phone was supposedly 'Made in Mexico', but shipped to India via Canada.

He confessed today that he waiting for a specific batch to arrive from Korea. Apparently, these phones are at a higher level of quality & since I was very particular about testing the heck out of the phone on arrival, he is taking all efforts to get the right piece. Bless him.

The issue apparently is with STL-001s (which were sold in India). Not sure of the fuss about 'making for India' ?

On the future of Z10's - I see all of us receiving Refurbished pieces if we get unlucky with our existing ones.
    Not that I care. I just need the darn phone to work as intended.

Regards,
    D
    Even the replaced Z10 will not help, as now people all over having Z10 are facing new issue/ bug.
    Battery after coming below 20 percent crashes to Zero Dead.

I was returning from chandigarh to delhi yesterday and the same happened to me on station.
    It was absurd.

Do we really can trust Z10 and new Os10.
    Never.

BlackBerry even cant match local chinese companies. And they boast of security and enterprise. What an Irony
    09-25-14 06:42 AM
    Even the replaced Z10 will not help, as now people all over having Z10 are facing new issue/ bug.
    Battery after coming below 20 percent crashes to Zero Dead.

I was returning from chandigarh to delhi yesterday and the same happened to me on station.
    It was absurd.

Do we really can trust Z10 and new Os10.
    Never.

BlackBerry even cant match local chinese companies. And they boast of security and enterprise. What an Irony
    @SaurabhIb : Totally agree. I am unsure already.
    However, not sure what else could be done. I tried other phones. Am not quite comfortable.
    09-25-14 08:34 AM
    I send my to Digital River in Plainfield Indiana 3 months ago and I have not hear from them. The order # 8946380035 try to get a phone number form them, they do not exist is a scam.
    09-25-14 08:41 AM
    What a folk should do from such a weird responses from BlackBerry centres in india

Posted via Z10
    09-25-14 10:55 AM
    I send my to Digital River in Plainfield Indiana 3 months ago and I have not hear from them. The order # 8946380035 try to get a phone number form them, they do not exist is a scam.
    Tried here?

BlackBerry US Online Store - Privacy & Security
    09-25-14 11:56 AM
    I am too suffering from BlackBerry India service centre. My story goes like this;
    1. I purchased Z30 on Nov 9, 2013.
    2. My device started giving Mic problem in June when I started getting complains from my callers not getting voice.
    3. Submitted device at M/s Galaxy Services (unit of HCL) official service centre at Bhubaneswar on Aug 13.
    4. After lot of pursuations & ticket number blackberry help INC000027763150 & Job sheet number 9061003892 was generated for replacement.
    5. It is more than 50 days and no news from service centre.
    6. Tried to contact service centre status 18601804531. No response after selecting it goes automatic tone.
    7. Bbhelp, DM twitter and BBIndia tried several times but no response at all.
    8. I am without device since last 50 days.
    9. I have been with BlackBerry devices since last 8 yrs and my trust has been shaken completely this time.
    What to do in this situation?

Prithvi thru CB10
    09-25-14 12:21 PM
    I searched exhaustedly all BlackBerry webpages for any contact details of either India or global officials but couldn?t. This is first company, I have observed no escalation procedure given for help or service repairs. No contact details of any officials to contact.
    Very surprising. Just helpless waiting every day with hope to get some update from service centre.

Prithvi thru CB10
    09-25-14 12:31 PM
    18 Jul 2014 - Visited service center(Redington/Ensure Services) and submitted phone for service.
    26 Aug 2014 - Finally got a replacement phone (after 39 days)
    27 Aug 2014 - Found out that the Camera is not working on the new piece that was provided as replacement.
    28 Aug 2014 - Resubmitted phone for service.
    27 Sep 2014 - I received an email 'collect your phone from service center'.
    Spent a good 45 minutes & reached the service center eagerly expecting a working phone
    Guess what. No work was done. Issue still exists.
    On deeper inquiry, apparently the HQ service guys sent the phone back without any action.

After an hour of persuading, arguing, debating, convincing (all polite talk), the India head (BlackBerry Operations) gave me an option to pick up a Black Z10 (instead of White Z10).

I took it. Hoping to see the same in a couple of days. Guess White Z10s are hard to come by.

Weird Aspect : The courier guys used by BB take 48 hrs to ship from Chennai to Hyderabad.
    09-28-14 01:24 AM
    Hey, Hgdk. Glad you got finally your's. I am still struggling at Bhubaneswar. It's 55 days and no info. Service centre, BBhelp, Customer support no response at all. Can you share India Head's number or email, I need to speak regarding ticket number INC000027763150 & Job sheet number 9061003892 dtd Aug 13, 2014. I searched entire BB webpages, no email or contact numbers available to contact them. If it's not feasible to share on common platform, pl share thru email [email protected]
    hgdk likes this.
    09-28-14 02:10 AM
    Hi guys I too faced a similar problem, and hyderabad begampet service centre sucks... I received my phone after 35 or 40 days after fighting with those service centre guys and these fellows won't even ship our phones immediately, my phone took around 8 days to reach bangalore centre I don't know which courier in India will take that much of time to deliver to it bangalore centre ?? They behave in such a unprofessional manner that those who have experienced it will definitely think twice to again buy a BlackBerry. It's just a service night mare....

Posted via CB10
    hgdk likes this.
    09-28-14 02:26 AM
    Really scary tales. Feel like purchasing a phone grey market. Buy additional warranty from local dealer. And prey the almighty that your device lives. That way when the phone troubles you no more running behind redington or HCL service centers.

But the same people give service for HTC and iPhone. And it's not much of hassle. I had my experience with both brands and at least the time duration was not so lengthy. Though quality of job was extremely bad.

Now I understand the need of 32 crore Gods I'm India...

Posted via CB10
    hgdk likes this.
    09-28-14 11:12 AM
    Really scary tales.
    But the same people give service for HTC and iPhone. And it's not much of hassle.
    @chinmay007 : I think BlackBerry does not have the spine to control the Service Centers.

Hey, Hgdk. Glad you got finally your's. I am still struggling at Bhubaneswar.
    Hi guys I too faced a similar problem, and hyderabad begampet service centre sucks...
    It's just a service night mare....
    @prithvi64, @kcb170482 :
    No such luck. Did not get mine yet. They ditched me yet again.
    Apparently they did not ship the same to Hyderabad.
    It could be so that they did not receive the Z10s in the first place.
    No ffing response from anyone in Redington/BlackBerry.

74 DAYS and counting (Just above 20% of an year)

Festive season starts tomorrow & I am sure the criminals will cite the same and delay further.

I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO SPEND ANOTHER BUCK OF MINE ON BLACKBERRY.

A fantastic phone going to the dogs because of the Service (or lack there of). Shame. Regret.
    09-30-14 12:46 AM
    This is common with BlackBerry service, my battery got replaced after 15 days, and for replacement, they offered me a curve. Redington is not the right choice for BlackBerry if they need to revive their services.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 04:45 AM
    Update :
    - Escalated to BlackBerry US. After a wild goose chase, the referred me back to the service center. Reminded of the wolf protecting the lambs story.

Another Update :
    - The Service Center provided me a Black Handset (instead of White), without the back cover. You can imagine how it looks (Black handset with a white back door).

Decision :
    - No Blackberry ever again in India.
    Last edited by hgdk; 10-13-14 at 09:03 AM.
    10-13-14 07:31 AM
    Update :
    - Escalated to BlackBerry US. After a wild goose chase, the referred me back to the service center. Reminded of the wolf protecting the lambs story.

Another Update :
    - The Service Center provided me a Black Handset (instead of White), without the back cover. You can imagine how it looks (Black handset with a white back door).

Decision :
    - No Blackberry ever again in India.
    This is disappointing

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:55 AM
    No hope here for service industry! :/

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:37 PM
    I claimed warranty on my Z10 to TAM, a BlackBerry partner in Indonesia. Took them 28 business days to finally come to the conclusion that the device is screwed beyond repair. It took me 2 days.

They said they'll contact me when the repair is finished. They never did. I had to inquire about it myself

Poor after sales service here.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 10:18 PM
    Hi, Has there been any updates for any of you waiting for your devices? What about the Comwen Information Technology ltd in Hyderabad and Chennai who are also authorised service centers in Chennai and hyderabad? they do service for Xiomi as well.
    10-24-14 04:15 AM
    If I buy z30 online, can I go any of the service centers available in chennai, Redington or Comwen? Or depending on the seller either one is valid? In that case if my device is valid for Redington, I will be screwed.
    10-24-14 04:19 AM
    My experience with Redington has been quite good around 2-3 yrs back. At present, Blackberry has tieup with HCL ltd for servicing and coordination between two has been very bad. My device is with service centre since last 3 months which is being managed by HCL and no action yet.
    10-24-14 04:51 AM
    My experience with Redington has been quite good around 2-3 yrs back. At present, Blackberry has tieup with HCL ltd for servicing and coordination between two has been very bad. My device is with service centre since last 3 months which is being managed by HCL and no action yet.
    I am not understanding what to do now. I thought of buying android but since I saw BB OS10 I fell in love with BB. And did a rigorous research and decided to buy z30 in this weekend. Now I don't want android after seeing BB OS. iPhone is too high tag for me.
    10-24-14 05:01 AM
    I am not understanding what to do now. I thought of buying android but since I saw BB OS10 I fell in love with BB. And did a rigorous research and decided to buy z30 in this weekend. Now I don't want android after seeing BB OS. iPhone is too high tag for me.
    Half of my Z10 issues get resolved with a battery pull. Z30 has a non removable battery. I would not suggest (personal view).

My Z10 is still hybrid. Black front with white back cover. Luckily I have a case covering the back and am able to survive.

I cannot believe that they are not able to get me a black back cover for 2 weeks now.

Sorry BlackBerry ! My current Z10 is the last BB for me on personal money.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 01:54 PM
57 123